Exercise with Kinect?

Options
2»

Replies

• shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't have that game yet (waiting for the new version to come out) but LOVE active fit 2 and I do the zumba. Dance central is OK, to much stopping to switch songs for me. But great to play with the kids or when having friends over. Also the biggest looser is good also. So far between the different things that I do I have lost a lot of inches and weight. Been seriously trying to loose weight since July. So good luck. The kinect has great games

Great to hear! keep up the good work! I have been doing it for months too, but without calorie cutting until recently, now hoping for some success!
  • shesgrand
    Options
    That's a good tip, I won't try Zumba 1 then.
  • shesgrand
    Options
    I use dance central and I have the yourshape game but I find it terribly boring. I only do it if I'm just struggling to get a workout in and I need something to force me. I do like how it really gets your heart rate up -- the kickboxing is definately the most fun and I kind of want to buy the bollywood thing but I'm waiting for your shape 2 to see if people like it a little more.

Dance Central is the BEST though - if anyone plays that I want to be friends!

I have Dance Masters, it is a good work out too, can be frustrating to follow all the moves but pretty fun.
    Hollywood thing?
  • shesgrand
    Options
    I have that game, and it does work you out. The only problem I have with it is that some things I can't quite do correctly yet, and it doesn't acknowledge it unless it is exactly right. So it is like a wasted effort almost. It just keeps telling me I am wrong :(
    I totally know what you mean, it never sees me doing leg lifts! LOL I swear I am lifting my legs up! So funny, but I wish I knew how to fix that, I have tried changing locations slightly. No luck.
  • shesgrand
    Options
    I have that game. I have tried it, but I didn't care that much for it. The graphics are terrible and there is really no reason for that. I just found it a bit boring and there were times it didn't register my movements. I have heard a lot of people on here that really love it, especially the personal trainer route and the cardio boxing, so I am going to give it another shot. I love just playing the adventures game that came with the Kinect. The one where you jump and squat wears me out. Next I am planning on trying the Zumba or Dance Central. The Kinect is much more fun than the treadmill.

Those are valid points and true about the game. But I do enjoy the personal training and the Zen classes. It can be kind of boring, but it's a lot cheaper than my gym. I was kinda disappointed when I did the "Break a Sweat" 12 session routine, I finished it and I hoped that a new level would appear in the same class, but it didn't it just started over from scratch.
  • shesgrand
    Options
    I was thinking about getting that. I use Dance Central and it burns a good amount of calories, bout 100 cals for 15mins.
    Wow that is a lot of calories!
    The one I do is about 120 every 20 minutes. I wonder if its accurate? and how it tracks and measures that based on an individual's effort level.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting that. I use Dance Central and it burns a good amount of calories, bout 100 cals for 15mins.
    Wow that is a lot of calories!
    The one I do is about 120 every 20 minutes. I wonder if its accurate? and how it tracks and measures that based on an individual's effort level.

the original game had you put in your weight, the new game does not (weirdly) but I have played it wiht an HRM on and last time I actually clocked it it was 400 for an hour BUT that was after I knew the songs pretty well and was picking the higher energy ones (the ones I knew made my heart rate go up higher) over the slower ones.

Probably between 300-400 an hour.

Your shape is probably a higher burn per hour - that game REALLY gets my heart rate up and its very continuous with it. ITs just sooooo boring I can't stand to do it for very long
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've got that game not too long ago, and use it fairly regularly. The only thing I think is wrong with it, is that when it unlocks new fitness classes etc, they all seem a bit too advanced for me, so I feel put off from using it.

Still enjoy it though, even if it's just the beginner classes :-)
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it but we have Kinect. I think I would like to try it.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use DDR for my xbox 360..it's fun and I can dance my socks off! :happy:
  • Sashanichole111
    Options
    I have the kinect, well we got it for our son. I've played kinect adventures it really gets the heart going.

I know my son would absolutely love it if I played games with him on it. So it would be a win win for me. Not only would I be getting a decent work out, (maybe not hardcore, but good) I would be spending time with my son, and giving him smiles for a group activity.

We also have a PS3, and the move. We are die hard PS3 lovers, but I have to say the xbox's kinect beats the move portion.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY love the biggest loser for xbox kinect :) just my opinion