110 calories a slice! Banana bread!

Options
Tonnina
Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
I love banana bread, who doesn't? Well okay my hubby hates it, but even he took a bite and said this is good stuff!!
I'll show you the calorie and nutrients first then the recipe and finally the photo of the completed bread!

Calories and nutrients per loaf:

Cal: 1315, Carbs: 292, Fat: 9, Protien: 40, Fiber: 20, Sodium: 2733 (Whoa!!)

Calories and nutrients per slice (12 half inch slices a loaf)

Cal: 110, Carbs: 24, Fat: 1, Protien: 3, Fiber: 2, Sodium: 228 (not as bad)

Ingredients:
3 large Mashed Bananas
3/4 Cup Granulated Spenda
3/4 Cup Natural Unsweetened applesauce
2 Eggs
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Vanilla flavoring or 1 teaspoon Vanilla flavoring, 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 325
-Grease a loaf pan (I use 0 calorie cooking spray)
-Mix bananas, Splenda, applesauce, and Eggs until completely blended
-Add flour 1/2 a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition
-Add remaining ingredients, mixing well after each addition
-Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean
-Remove from oven
-Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert the bread and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting. Standard loaf pan should allow for 12 half inch or 10 one inch slices.

I hope your bread comes out as pretty and as tasty as mine. Remember the riper the bananas the sweeter they will be!!

bananabread.jpg

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Looks good. The problem is making sure you don't eat the whole thing. Would not be safe in my house.
    When I make anything I have to make sure I have others to finish it or to take with them. No willpower.
  • Jsoroka
    Options
    bump
  • amdsdc
    amdsdc Posts: 23
    Options
    Looks great! Too great to be in our house as well! ;)
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    omg!!! why have i looked at this! last time i made my daughter banana bread she had 1 slice, and i had the rest! eek
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I adore adore ADORE recipes like this... I cook breakfast for the week ahead of time and today I'm making two loaves of banana bread! I'm addicted to skinnytaste.com and places like that... thought about having a blog for these so I can steal them? :D
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    looks goood!! i make mine almost the same, one change i make is I use 2 egg whites and throw out the yolks. saves a few cals, oh and I also use half white and half whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar (not a splenda fan, LOL) but still yummy!! and yes, banana bread is dangerous! so is pumpkin pie! LOL i just made one using fresh pumpkin and ate almost the whole thing alone!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    thank you for the recipe !!!!
  • Carcarmat
    Carcarmat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good! :)
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Looks good. The problem is making sure you don't eat the whole thing. Would not be safe in my house.
    When I make anything I have to make sure I have others to finish it or to take with them. No willpower.
    I have this same problem,, there is NO WAY i can eat just one slice.
  • kko64
    kko64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fsu326
    fsu326 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kansaswoman
    kansaswoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This looks really good! If I left any baked goods sitting around the house, then I'd eat them too fast. So, I either share them with coworkers/friends, or I make individual portions and freeze them. This works great with muffins, bread, etc. When I feel like I need a snack, I'll grab a slice out of the freezer. You could let it thaw, microwave it, or eat it frozen (which I love!).
  • Gazer362
    Gazer362 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - Thanks!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Bumping for later.... I've been considering going searching for a banana bread recipe for a week or so; this is really good timing... :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oh man...imagine how good this would be with some almond butter spread on top? That would be a hell of a breakfast - thanks for the recipe!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I use organic wheat flour so I will see how that works in the recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • TerryBeeBee
    Options

What I do is portion it out.. wrap it or bag it, label and freeze. I have quite a *stash* when i really feel like it and sometimes I don't bother because it's frozen... or I just *nuke* it if i can't wait :laugh:
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bumpity....bump, bump! :D
  • frannie_schneider
    Options
    I make almost this exact recipe but I usually ditch the whole eggs too. I use egg substitute. I have a problem with this kind of stuff in the house. If I make it I usually bake it up in muffins and then hide them in the freezer or take to work.