**CLOSED** New Year, New You Challenge: Week 5

Options
Good morning and Happy Monday! How did everyone's week go? Did you weigh in and log those miles yet? I still have to calculate my miles but I logged my weight.

I posted a 0 this week. Am I disappointed? Honestly, no. If you knew the week I had you would understand. It has been a tough week with working out, a brief plateau that ended with me gorging myself to a point of getting sick on more than one occasion on Saturday. As of yesterday morning, I was going to be posting a rather large gain...over a pound and a half. Instead...I started my Boot Camp and seriously watched what I ate and was able to post a zero change. I have to be happy with it.

The difference? YOU ALL! I seriously would've given up before now. I would've. I even considered it. But...I have such an amazing support group in you all. I post that I have a bad day and so many people respond or even send me private messages kicking me into gear. I got up yesterday, worked out, ate better and it made all the difference in the world.

My point? Please don't quit on me. I need you all as much as you need me AND each other!

We have to remember that with each week that we have a gain, a zero loss, a loss...we have NSVs to keep us going. I've had a few in the last week and they seriously wouldn't have happened without the help I have from everyone here. The other day I had 3 people comment on how different I look...how they can see a difference. I can't see it...and I probably won't for a long time...but boy did it feel good to know that others see it. I've also had 2 people at work start wearing their pedometers again and watching what they eat...one girl even started Jenny to kick start her loss. My son, he is working on losing weight with his mother...and it's of his own doing. Not once did I tell him he needed to. The key is, he's trying. And...drum roll please...when I did my measurements this morning...when doing my enormous hips...THE TAPE MEASURE ENDS TOUCHED!!! In the past I have had to account for the gap between the ends. I'm not kidding. It didn't overlap, so I know that it's still that extra inch over 60...but I seriously cried when they touched.

I wouldn't be here without each of you. We are on week 5...we're doing this. We're losing weight, gaining muscle, logging miles and making new friends. We can do this. We've made it through Halloween. Just a few weeks until Thanksgiving. We're going to make it through that too!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

I love each and every one of you and thank you so much for enduring on this journey with me!!!

xoxoxo
Gretchen

Replies

• Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    im in it for the long haul
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you :) Your NSV is totally inspiring - it just goes to show that getting healthy doesn't only involve scales! Keep it up and remember we're here if you need us x
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! :bigsmile:
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I gained this week and don't want to log it. :-( I'm struggling to get my miles because of my foot problem, so I really need to eat very well, and I just didn't do that this weekend. sigh.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well, not surprisingly I went the wrong direction again. This was the worst week ever. How do I find the switch to flip again that gets me on the right track? I found it before, but now I seem to be stuck in the "off" fitness position. That motivation is the absolute key for me, and I HAVE to get it back.

Today I am going to run today come he(double hockey sticks) or high water. Today I am going to log food and exercise. Today I am going to somehow dig deep and get this back. The only thing more depressing about not being the size/fitness level you want to be is to ALMOST get there, and then slide back into old habits...
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV, and Thanks again for letting me join late
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere. I posted a .1 pound loss this week, but my hubby told me he can see a difference in me. I guess that's what counts. I took a before picture this morning and posted my measurements for the 100 Day challenge. I'm going to use that hideous picture of me at this weight, along with those measurements to motivate me.

I have also felt the encouragement of so many of you when I have gained, lost, had good weeks, or had bad weeks. It makes such a HUGE difference to know that there are so many people going through it with me. I love my husband dearly, but he loves me big or small. You all give me that extra push that he doesn't think I need!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I gained this week and don't want to log it. :-( I'm struggling to get my miles because of my foot problem, so I really need to eat very well, and I just didn't do that this weekend. sigh.

I'm sorry about your foot problem! We all have ups and downs...if you don't want to post it that's up to you. I saw a gain or two on the spreadsheet this week already. Focus on the food and what you can do. Don't let your foot prevent you from reaching your weight goal. My son doesn't have a pedometer so he is just tracking his weight...not the miles. That's fine too!

xoxoxo
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Well, not surprisingly I went the wrong direction again. This was the worst week ever. How do I find the switch to flip again that gets me on the right track? I found it before, but now I seem to be stuck in the "off" fitness position. That motivation is the absolute key for me, and I HAVE to get it back.

Today I am going to run today come he(double hockey sticks) or high water. Today I am going to log food and exercise. Today I am going to somehow dig deep and get this back. The only thing more depressing about not being the size/fitness level you want to be is to ALMOST get there, and then slide back into old habits...

I've learned that the key for me is to get pissed off about it and realize where I want to be. I have (on more than one occasion) thought that I should just quit but this group has prevented me from doing it. If I work out...the food will follow. I tend to have issues eating junk if I work out. On days I don't get my walks in...my food goes out the window and that's when I gain and sometimes it's a lot.

Make sure you do your exercise and eat right. If logging in might help, there is a new challenge out there that starts today and ends on Valentine's Day and the whole challenge is to log in every day for the next 100 days. I can send you the info if you want!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm not going anywhere. I posted a .1 pound loss this week, but my hubby told me he can see a difference in me. I guess that's what counts. I took a before picture this morning and posted my measurements for the 100 Day challenge. I'm going to use that hideous picture of me at this weight, along with those measurements to motivate me.

I have also felt the encouragement of so many of you when I have gained, lost, had good weeks, or had bad weeks. It makes such a HUGE difference to know that there are so many people going through it with me. I love my husband dearly, but he loves me big or small. You all give me that extra push that he doesn't think I need!

I didn't do my before picture this morning but I did do my measurements. I'll get my before pictures tonight. I was rushing around this morning because I overslept and still had to visit Bob. LOL

I'm in the same boat with the hubby. I was over 300 when I met mine and he's seen me through all sorts of ups and downs and he loves me regardless. I think it's awesome that hubby is seeing a difference in you! That's super encouraging!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Awesome NSV, and Thanks again for letting me join late

I'm glad you're with us!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    im in it for the long haul

That's good! I'd hate to have to hunt you down!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm so proud of you :) Your NSV is totally inspiring - it just goes to show that getting healthy doesn't only involve scales! Keep it up and remember we're here if you need us x

Thanks! It felt great. I don't normally tell hubby about NSVs but totally told him about the tape measure this morning! LOL
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I'm still here! :bigsmile:

And I'm so glad you are!!! Don't go anywhere!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Well, posted a gain this morning!! I have been getting so bad with logging things which results in eating things I probably shouldn't and I did not drink near enough water this weekend. All amounted to a gain on the scale. I WILL get this back off this week!!! I WILL log every day!!!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well, posted a gain this morning!! I have been getting so bad with logging things which results in eating things I probably shouldn't and I did not drink near enough water this weekend. All amounted to a gain on the scale. I WILL get this back off this week!!! I WILL log every day!!!

That's my goal this week - to log everything good, bad, or ugly!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    For the challenge, I posted a 3.5 pound loss from last week. I really stepped it up in my workouts (started 30DS and got on my eliptical) this past week and I watched my weekend eating.

Getting 8 more pounds off during the next two holiday months is going to be an act of God! But I'm going to stick to it, even if I am stuck here for awhile. Physically, I hurt. But emotionally, I feel good. Even starting to feel pretty. And that is what counts!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Im with you all the way to the finish line!!!
  • wendyrn1
    wendyrn1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats gkeith on your NSV!! Thanks for keeping ME motivated!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Your doing a great job! Your keep us all motivated so well and your NSV is inspiring! Sadly I gained this weekend but hey I walked my butt off and loved every minute! I just didnt see the results I wanted because I snacked on the wrong things!

Here's too learning from our bad days but not letting them hold us back!!!
    Cheers!!!!