L-Carnitine

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
okay we put a cat at work on this.

and looking at the bottle was making me curious. does it work? is it a good idea? and if so how much should a large (translation megafat) adult human take?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would talk to a nutritionist about this. You need to know if it is safe?
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It is awesome! It is safe and natural. It has amino acids which your body already has. These acids burn body fat and turns it into useful energy. I lost 4 pounds in a week by using L-Carnitine, cardio, and eating healthy. It is 19.99 at GNC. They can give you more info about it when you get there.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    probably not gonna do much for you.

one of those supps that doesn't really work, gets over hyped.
  • JimWyatt
    Options
    Check out this link. It's a good medical research review of l-carnitine. Not sure if it will really help since you already get enough in a healthy diet. Should be good for heart support however while you are exercising. :)

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/carnitine/
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    It is awesome! It is safe and natural. It has amino acids which your body already has. These acids burn body fat and turns it into useful energy. I lost 4 pounds in a week by using L-Carnitine, cardio, and eating healthy. It is 19.99 at GNC. They can give you more info about it when you get there

I lost 7.5lbs in one week by using cardio, strength and eating healthy. Guess I just need to find another way to spend my 19.99
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I started taking a couple weeks ago on the rec of an MFP friend and a bit of research. Today I was in an independent pharmacy and noticed a sign about it. I asked the owner/pharmacist and he said it is a great idea to take with diet is "calorie insufficient" (like on a diet) and that it helps burn fat and provides for more energy. I have not noticed a big difference - but will report as I continue.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    might give3 it a go, its not real expensive.