Thankful to Be Fit (November Challenge) Week 2

Options
November 7:

Weekly Food Challenge: Try 1 new fruit and 1 new vegetable this week and tell what you tried.

Daily Challenge:

10 Diamond Push-ups (hands touch and create a diamond shape),
10 plank drops (plank on elbows, up to hands and down)
10 Traveling Push-up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPTG5ER0wg

Replies

• workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am thankful to be more fit than I was this time last year......
    still working on procrastination. Will try to keep up and keep on it.
    :happy:
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I love the food challenge. I have tried so many fruits and veggies. This will be a true challenge!

I should be able to mark off the diamond push-ups and the plank drops after my lunchtime workout.

I've never done traveling pushups, but that'll be a fun challenge for tonight!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    November 8, 2011:

Get an extra 2,000 steps today!
    And don't forget to drink your 6-8 cups of water!
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    okay so these exercises are hard for me to do. I am doing almost all of them. And I am looking for the food. I am almost ready to try to eat raw tomato....almost. and the extra steps will be much easier for me. :smooched:
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got in today's challenge, but dang....those diamond pushups are hard!!!!! I'm hoping for ideas on fruits and veggies I think I've tried most everything at least once, I'll see what I can find at the store.
  • ASPhantom
    Options
    okay so these exercises are hard for me to do. I am doing almost all of them. And I am looking for the food. I am almost ready to try to eat raw tomato....almost. and the extra steps will be much easier for me. :smooched:

Modify if there is something you just can't get done. It's meant to challenge you but not overwhelm you.
    Should be above and beyond what you already do.
  • ASPhantom
    Options
    November 9,

Do 50 Step ups per leg.

Start by looking at a bench/step/2 steps/or whatever you can use, infront of you and begin by lifting your any leg and then step-up onto the bench. You can either return to the starting position or lift the opposing leg up working your hip flexor. Once down at the starting position use the other leg for the next repetition.

And don't forget your water!
  • ASPhantom
    Options
    Please join the new Group page for the Challenge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/454-thankful-to-be-fit
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got the steps ups done for today, and today I tried Radicchio for the first time, my hubby does the grocery shopping and I gave him the mission of finding something I hadn't had before, he really came through!!! He also brought home some Asian pear/apples, I'll try one of those tomorrow. I think that is a good idea for a challenge. We often get in a "food rut" and don't try new things.