What to do with a packet of chicken breasts

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
Getting bored, give me ideas. My general go-to's are fajitas, tacos, dry rubbed and grilled or baked.

Replies

• makeupjunkie624
    Options
    I love making stir fry :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Ever tried brining them before grilling or baking? Try it. You may never go back.

Maybe make a stir fry.

Maybe go thai style and make "Swimming Rama" - chicken over a bed of spinach, covered in peanut sauce.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    ALLRECIPES.COM - look up Southwest Chicken. Spice it up however you like (I usually go with the canned spicy tomatoes, and add extra garlic, and whatever veggies you like). It is a favourite of mine and my bf is HOOKED!!!
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast topped with salsa, a squirt of itatian salad dressing and a bit of feta cheese - wrap this in tinfoil and bake in the oven until chicken is cooked
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    butterfly them, pound out a little thinner and stuff with your choice of fillings and roll up. brown on both sides and throw in the the oven to finish off.

so things like chicken cordon bleu, kiev, brocc and cheddar etc
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in Greek dressing, or teriaki sauce, and cook in the oven. Yum!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Bake it 20 min on one side and then when you flip it, add salsa, bake for another 20 then add cheese on top and put it back in til the cheese melts. Yum Yum! And if you have leftovers my mom takes that chicken, cuts it up, puts it into a casserole dish with spanish rice, more salsa, and cheese on top and bakes that!
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Chicken packets:

frozen chicken breast
    california blend veggies
    sliced potato
    sliced onion
    a little butter
    a little italian dressing
    pinch of salt and peper

wrap in aluminum foil packet and bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until the potatoes are done.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Slice into thin strips, dry fry them or pan fry with a tsp of olive oil. Then use to top a nice salad - quick and easy!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Container of Philadelphia Santa Fe blend cooking creme to make the Santa Fe Chicken Casserole.
    http://www.kraftbrands.com/philly/recipes/Pages/Recipe-Detail.aspx?recipeId=121725#category=821&subcategory=

I used corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and for 4 servings the MFP calculator said it was under 500 calories.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    stuff them with spinach, jalepenos, salsa & little bit of low cal cheese...
    bake them up... and yummy ( and easy)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My two best friends when it comes to cooking chicken...Cayenne Pepper and Basil. Saute with a touch of olive oil, maybe some garlic and onion, mushrooms, basil and lots of Cayenne. I have fallen in love with spicy that last few months. Balsamic vinegar adds a nice flavor too and provides some moisture without the sugar from most seasoning sauces.

My kids love "mommy" chicken nuggets, which is just cut up chicken breasts tossed in bread crumbs (no egg, milk or oil to coat first), just enough sticks to change things up a bit without the massive breading coating then baked.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Its not 'healthy' but Russian Chicken is my favorite way other than on the BBQ. Just google it.

And the sauce is great on mashed potatoes.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Dip in dijon mustard then roll in seasoned cornmeal/flour mix. Bake. YUMMY!!!

P.S. I never have been a huge mustard fan, but this is amazing. Seriously.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When im getting bored I make a chicken bake. Rice, or noodles, or quinoa, mixed with a low fat cream of __ soup, mix in a casserol dish. Layer of favorite veg ( i like broccoli or peas) and then cut up the chicken into thin strips and bake.

OR

Chicken and cheese stuffed peppers

OR

Chicken and cottage cheese stuffed giant pasta shells with tomato sauce...
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    try one of the recipes from here:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?q=chicken+chili&updated-max=2011-10-11T17:29:00-04:00&max-results=20

I made the Crockpot Chicken taco chili and it was awesome (I skipped the rice tho!).
  • twotoforty73
    twotoforty73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    buffalo breasts! YUMMY!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    stuff them with spinach, jalepenos, salsa & little bit of low cal cheese...
    bake them up... and yummy ( and easy)

now that sounds good! Gonna try that here soon.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I make them into strips....a smidge of mustard rubbed on top, then rolled in panko and bake! The mustard helps Panko stick, adds some low cal flavor and makes me feel like I am enjoying bar food chicken strips that are not deep fried! YUMMY!