What to do with a packet of chicken breasts

Options

Replies

• lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use any laughing cow cheese ( light swiss, lite garlic and herb, or lite french onion) . I sautee a chicken breast in a tsp of olive oil and when its cooked half way through I put it in a baking dish and top it with sauteed mushrooms and red onion (sauteed only with cooking spray) and then top it with the wedge of laughing cow and bake it for about 15 minutes. It's DELICIOUS and you can top it with anything you like ( peppers, broccoli, spinach is great too!) a 4oz chicken breast cooked this way is only about 240 calories, even less if you only sautee the chicken with cooking spray and chicken broth (and its filling too ! )Looking forward to other suggestions b/c i eat A LOT of chicken and am always looking for new ideas :)
  • llasto75
    Options
    There is a dry ingredient packet made by McCormicks in the isle where they sell the dry gravy packets, call Zesty Herb. I prepare it just as it is on the packet, dump it over chicken breast in the crock pot, set it on low for 8 hours and forget about it. Iit is delicious. Everyone I make it for asks for the recipe. Super easy, super yummy and I dont believe it is bad for you....but never looked at ingredients:( It can be served over brown rice, wheat noodles, mashed or just plain! Try it and let me know how you like it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    butterfly them, pound out a little thinner and stuff with your choice of fillings and roll up. brown on both sides and throw in the the oven to finish off.

so things like chicken cordon bleu, kiev, brocc and cheddar etc

Oh, I haven't don this is a long *kitten* time. I use to pound them out thin and stuff with goat cheese, herbs, and sun dried tomatoes. Bet I can play off of that with some turkey bacon, cottage or ricotta cheese, fresh tomatoes, and herbs on wilted spinach.

:heart: You are my favorite person today!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    chop them up like you're gonna make a stir fry,
    fry them with a dash of olive oil or canola oil and red curry paste (I like a taste of thai best)
    add some veggies
    pour a can of coconut milk over it and add more curry if necessary to make a nice orange spicy sauce
    serve with rice

Made this the other day and I put pumpkin, asparagus and broccoli in it. Hubby asked for no pumpkin but I told him to at least try it, he pretty much licked the bowl pumpkin and all
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    These all sound great! I could eat chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I'm going to have to try some of these variations.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like stuffing them with a blend of neufchatel or cream cheese with a little buffalo sauce, bread crumbs and ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Coat with more bread crumbs, drizzle some more buffalo sauce on top, and bake.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I like stuffing them with a blend of neufchatel or cream cheese with a little buffalo sauce, bread crumbs and ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Coat with more bread crumbs, drizzle some more buffalo sauce on top, and bake.

sounds so yummy
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Butterfly & stuffed sounds delish!

Put a few breasts in the crockpot with some bbq sauce. Cook on low 7/8 hours or high 4/5 hours. Shred for pulled chicken sandwiches, taco's or salad topping.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do our own version of wings with chicken tenders/breasts but into bite size pieces. We have our hotsauce/asian zing/etc. and after the pieces are cooked we spin a couple in each flavor :)

No skin and barely any sauce but it's pretty close to going to Buffalo Wild Wings and is a nice break from "regular" dinners.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use any laughing cow cheese ( light swiss, lite garlic and herb, or lite french onion) . I sautee a chicken breast in a tsp of olive oil and when its cooked half way through I put it in a baking dish and top it with sauteed mushrooms and red onion (sauteed only with cooking spray) and then top it with the wedge of laughing cow and bake it for about 15 minutes. It's DELICIOUS and you can top it with anything you like ( peppers, broccoli, spinach is great too!) a 4oz chicken breast cooked this way is only about 240 calories, even less if you only sautee the chicken with cooking spray and chicken broth (and its filling too ! )Looking forward to other suggestions b/c i eat A LOT of chicken and am always looking for new ideas :)

This sounds really good - I am going to try this!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    NOW I AM HUNGRY!!!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    stuff them with whatever you want and bake... super easy!
  • bflicker11
    Options
    What awesome ideas!!! I'm printing out the whole thread!:laugh:
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Use Laughing Cow cheese wedges to make a cream sauce! Add to chicken broth and reduce... you've got chicken alfredo!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Bumping for myself :P
  • jewelsy011
    Options
    heard panko is great for breading going to try this.......thanks
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, chiken fettucini alfredo, I like to take boneless skinless chicken and put a buffalo wing sauce on it, bake it and dip it into low-cal yogart ranch. Chicken salad Shishkabobs, Chicken parmigana, chicken quesadillas with low fat cheese dipped in low cal yogart ranch, or homemade guacamole, chicken taquitos with homemade guacamole, lol. All I cook with now a days is chicken and round turkey, I could go on for days, lol. Hope this helps.
  • deviouslady
    Options
    My favorite is to marinate in fat free italian dressing with garlic powder for the day, when you get home, toss on the George F Grill and delicious! Chop them up to put in salads and even better!