CHA LEAN rating anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just ordered mine today. I'd been torn between P90X and ChaLean and decided on ChaLean. I still have 1 week left on Power 90 so hopefully my order will arrive so that I can start on the 20th. You girls start a thread and I'm in for accountability.:drinker:

yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be three of us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Maybe others can join us towards the end of April!!! C'mon people get it!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Please congratulate Jessmomof3 for completing a half marathon yesterday!!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!! I have been thinking about doing the Rock and Roll half marathon here in San Antonio. It is on Nov 15. I have plenty of time to start training. Suggestions Jess???? I am not sure if my knees will take all that running though...I am not a young one anymore :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    how can I get this DVD? Order online?
  • fitandlean71
    Options
    I just finished week one of ChaLEAN and I think it's great. Definitely follow the diet - honestly, I think without diet how would we lose weight? I really like the recipes and using this food diary on myfitnesspal helps me modify my Cooking Light recipes to use (although her recipes are very good).

As far as getting motivated...listen to her audio CD and watch her kitchen makeover secrets DVD (included) which shows it really is easy to cook healthy fast. She also is constantly motivating you on the workouts and she talks about how we hold others accountable but never expect that from ourselves.

Maybe just visualizing how awesome you'll look on your cruise will help - it's only 90 days of your life but I look at it as being able to change forever.
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    how can I get this DVD? Order online?
    I saw it on tv, but you can order it online. It's a great set, and well put together. It is a Beachbody workout. Just go to the Beachbody website and it will let you compare workouts and choose the one that's best for you. Good luck!
  • alf1163
    Options
    adnama, when are you starting? fitandlean, thanks for the tips. I can't wait to get it. I'm planning on following the diet as close as possible. I'm doing much better with food now compared to a year ago. I have a trip planned to vegas with hubby on may 18th so that is enough time to finish the first phase if I get it by this week.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Just checked it out on the web. Looks awesome! Kind of expensive. Will think about it. Thanks!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be three of us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Maybe others can join us towards the end of April!!! C'mon people get it!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Please congratulate Jessmomof3 for completing a half marathon yesterday!!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!! I have been thinking about doing the Rock and Roll half marathon here in San Antonio. It is on Nov 15. I have plenty of time to start training. Suggestions Jess???? I am not sure if my knees will take all that running though...I am not a young one anymore :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Annette!!! I loved training and using ChaLean for my strength training! It worked very well for me! You have plenty of time to train. I'll send you the link to the FIRST program I used! It's 3 days a week of running, much better on your knees on some of the plans that you run 5-6 days a week for!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Just checked it out on the web. Looks awesome! Kind of expensive. Will think about it. Thanks!!

You can order it from a Team Beachbody coach and have them be your personal coach as well. My website info is in my profile! Let me know if you have any questions! It is well worth every penny spent!!! I lost 8# and really leaned out my lower body and abs from ChaLean!!!

Jess
  • alf1163
    Options

Thanks, Annette!!! I loved training and using ChaLean for my strength training! It worked very well for me! You have plenty of time to train. I'll send you the link to the FIRST program I used! It's 3 days a week of running, much better on your knees on some of the plans that you run 5-6 days a week for!!

Jess

Jess, not sure if you posted at the TBB site, I got the program yesterday. I read the guide already. Might start tomorrow. Please send me the 3x a week trng for running a half marathon. I am interested... Do you think 1300 cals a day is enough when doing CX? I am not really looking to lose a lot of weight, I just want to get ripped, lean and stronger. Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing Chalean Extreme and its excellent. I have finally broken out of a plateau. I am in the last phase of the program and plan to do another round in May! I did P 90X but didnt get as much results as I am with Chalean Extreme. Good luck and you wont be dissapointed with your purchase.

Steph
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    Im currently doing Chalean Extreme and its excellent. I have finally broken out of a plateau. I am in the last phase of the program and plan to do another round in May! I did P 90X but didnt get as much results as I am with Chalean Extreme. Good luck and you wont be dissapointed with your purchase.

Steph

Great to hear! Thanks for giving your opinion/experience. It really makes me feel better about the program! I'm only on day 3, so still a while before I notice a change, but last night's work out was tough! I love it! :bigsmile:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love this program. I am half way through the PUSH phase right now and LOVE it. I am losing inches more than pounds, but it's all about how the clothes fit for me. I am also a beachbody coach. I am planning on trying P90X after I am done with ChaLEAN Extreme. It seems to be a more intense program with longer workouts; however, CX is great for beginners and more advanced because you are constantly lifting heavier. A beginner may start out not lifting much, but if you push yourself, you'll be amazed at the amount you can lift. I have more than doubled my beginning weight amount on many of the exercises. I am using the Selectech weights and they are soooo worth the money. I figure everything I buy for my "home gym" is worth it because I will have it for a long time. I once belonged to the YMCA for a year and only went once and that money is gone!

Hope all you newbies love the program. Like they say at beachbody...Decide. Commit. Succeed :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Great to hear there are others getting Extremed!!! :laugh: :laugh: We should start our own thread and support each other. How about ChaLeaners Unite? I will start it and see if you guys can post there. I did my fit test today and I was wondering if I should then start on Thursday instead of starting tomorrow. I am afraid it might be too much for my muscles since I really pushed myself during the fit test. Please let me know as soon as you can. I can do some sort of cardio tomorrow and then start on Thursday. Are you doing the diet? I thought it was just too little to eat for myself (1300cals) but I was told on another site (TBB site) that it should not be especially if I am eating clean most of the time. And if I am feeling too hungry that it would be safe to increase it up to a hundred more. What do you guys think? :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Jess, not sure if you posted at the TBB site, I got the program yesterday. I read the guide already. Might start tomorrow. Please send me the 3x a week trng for running a half marathon. I am interested... Do you think 1300 cals a day is enough when doing CX? I am not really looking to lose a lot of weight, I just want to get ripped, lean and stronger. Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Hey girl!! Yep, I saw that. YAY!! Ok, I will send you the half marathon training. For me, 1,300 cals was not enough. I set my baseline at 1,450 and added in some exercise cals, especially on my long running days!! I can't survive on that low. :huh: Especially if you aren't looking to lose a lot of weight, make sure you're getting in enough cals!! Just keep it *clean*. :bigsmile:

Jess
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks Jess!!!!! I trust your advice. I am going to play it by ear and eat between 1300 and 1500 and see what my body does. And of course more if I burn mega calories especially when running. Eating too low can backfire...:noway: And I don't want that!!!! But that is no excuse to eat too much either. I am eating pretty clean, not 100%, but about 80-95% most days of the week. I weighed myself last Friday and I was 128lbs. My goal is 125lbs so I am pretty much there. I am not really looking into weighing less than 125lbs but if my body reacts that way from doing ChaLean I will take it. I just want to feel energetic, get stronger and look and feel great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks Jess!!!!! I trust your advice. I am going to play it by ear and eat between 1300 and 1500 and see what my body does. And of course more if I burn mega calories especially when running. Eating too low can backfire...:noway: And I don't want that!!!! But that is no excuse to eat too much either. I am eating pretty clean, not 100%, but about 80-95% most days of the week. I weighed myself last Friday and I was 128lbs. My goal is 125lbs so I am pretty much there. I am not really looking into weighing less than 125lbs but if my body reacts that way from doing ChaLean I will take it. I just want to feel energetic, get stronger and look and feel great!!! :flowerforyou:

I think that sounds like a great plan! I thought I burned mega calories running, but found using my HRM that I'm right at 100 cals per mile. (which is good on long runs, but shorter runs not as much! :grumble: ) I think you will do GREAT!! :bigsmile: I wasn't planning to lose much with ChaLean either but ended up losing 8#!! :drinker:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Jumping in here: I just ordered the program. Not sure when I'll get it, probably next week, but if you are starting a support thread-I'd love to chime in! I'm currently training for a 20K at the end of May, so I'll be combining. Can't wait!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Jumping in here: I just ordered the program. Not sure when I'll get it, probably next week, but if you are starting a support thread-I'd love to chime in! I'm currently training for a 20K at the end of May, so I'll be combining. Can't wait!

That sounds great!!!! I will definitely start the thread either tonight or tomorrow. I will let you know. A 20K is about a half marathon right? (13miles?). I am planning on training for one myself. The SA marathon is Nov 15. :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, a 20K is about 12.4 miles.
    Best of luck in Nov. I would also like to do the Des Moines Half-Marathon in Oct. Last year, I participated as part of a relay team-everyone ran 5, but the last leg who did 6.2 (me!). It was a blast!

Anyway, I love Chalene and I've done one round of P90X. I'd like to combine the 2, so I'm excited to try ChaLean :happy:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm like a UPS stalker tracking my package. It should arrive at my house today. :drinker:

Right now I'm having second thoughts about my surgery (I go back and forth about 100 times a day). I have an appointment with my family doctor today to discuss it. I plan to play with the program during the next week even if I do have the surgery. That way I'll be better informed when I discuss what can and can't do with the surgeon. She already told me I could jog within a week of the surgery as long as I feel up to it and I wear my HRM. The lifting restrictions are for the first month and it is 20lbs so I could always start the program with lighter weights than I'm using now. No matter what count me in on the thread!