What are you Thankful for?

Options
Learnin2LuvMe
Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
Yay! Another Thanksgiving we get to celebrate with friends and family! I know everyone gets busy during the year and especially during the holidays,so sometimes we just forget to be thankful for the blessings we have in our lives! So heres a post to put all that down,take some time and be thankful for the wonderful things that you have had this year,ill go first:)
I am thankful for:
*My family that is always there for me no matter what!
*My husband that is truly the best man,that supports and loves me!
*For MFP and all the great friends I have made on here,without you,i wouldn't have made it this far on my journey,I thank God for each and everyone of you!
*My health and having lost 56lbs!! I feel amazing now!!

Replies

• JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    mfp for sure and all my peeps who have stood behind and up for me while I get healthy!!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for MFP and all the lessons I've learned in the weight loss journey so far that have extended to other parts of my life, spiritual, occupational, personal etc....
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    my family, job, The United States of America, and still being alive after 27 months total deployed to a war zones and coming home alive. Getting ready for another 12months over seas in less than 6 months.
  • yessiseguy
    Options
    Hi Leah, yes Thanksgiving IS truly a time to thank God for our blessings. Here are mine:
    1. The health of all my loved ones.
    2. My family and their love.
    3. My husband who protects and nurtures me every single day.
    4. My MFP friendsies!!! Yes, definitely! They bring a smile to my face
    and have helped me keep my weight in check.
    5. I am thankful for meeting goals and being able to set new goals.
    I am very happy that I still want to accomplish many things :)
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    *My daughter and boyfriend.
    *My family and friends that's always there.
    *My MFP friends for being so supportive.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for finally getting sober and for my family and counselor who offered the best support system anyone could ask for.
    Thankful that getting sober spawned me getting physically healthy again, hence joining MFP, eating healthy and exercising.
    Thankful for my cat. I don't care how lame that sounds. He's better than any human I've ever met.
    Aaaaaaaaand... thankful for my sociology classes. They've opened up my eyes.
  • wolfey24
    wolfey24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    *my three beautiful children
    *my family
    * continued support from friends on mfp
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I am thankful for all my three kids are healthy
    I am thankful to have the most beautiful woman at my side
    I am thankful for my parents how has always helped me in life
    I am thankful for my life in general i guess lol
    and I am also thankful for MFP and how it has helped me to become a healthier happier person
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend, my house, my job, and my health.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am thankful that my soul was saved through Jesus Christ! :heart:
    I am thankful for the life God brought me from & blessed me with the greatest lift ever!
    I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves, respects, cherishes, & inspires me! :heart:
    I am thankful for my parents, my sister, & my niece & nephew!
    I am thankful for my church family & my job!
    I am thankful for MFP - look forward to getting on here each day!
  • MainePhotoGuy
    Options
    I am thankful for my health and fo finally figuring out for myself that one can never be too old to get fit. I joined a gym for the first time in my life at age 46 and in four months, the results are amazing!:smokin:
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    my family, job, The United States of America, and still being alive after 27 months total deployed to a war zones and coming home alive. Getting ready for another 12months over seas in less than 6 months.
    So awesome! Thank you,for what you do!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am thankful everyday for my wife & children.
    They have loved and supported me always. Fat or thin I know that they are behind me 100%
    I am especially thankful for my wife. As my desire to improve my fitness takes up more and more of my time. She has been incredibly understanding and has supported this new direction I have chosen with with charm and grace.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    I'm thankful for finally getting sober and for my family and counselor who offered the best support system anyone could ask for.
    Thankful that getting sober spawned me getting physically healthy again, hence joining MFP, eating healthy and exercising.
    Thankful for my cat. I don't care how lame that sounds. He's better than any human I've ever met.
    Aaaaaaaaand... thankful for my sociology classes. They've opened up my eyes.
    So awesome! Congrats to you!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am thankful that my soul was saved through Jesus Christ! :heart:
    I am thankful for the life God brought me from & blessed me with the greatest lift ever!
    I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves, respects, cherishes, & inspires me! :heart:
    I am thankful for my parents, my sister, & my niece & nephew!
    I am thankful for my church family & my job!
    I am thankful for MFP - look forward to getting on here each day!
    LOVE it!!!!!!!!!
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for God's never ending mercy, love, and forgiveness.
    I am thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful children.
    I am thankful to live in the United States of America...with freedom of speech and religion.
    I am thankful for the troops that protect our country so selflessly.
    I am thankful for the friends and support I receive on MFP!
    I am thankful for sushi!!!

I think I could go on forever. Mostly, I am thankful to God who is the provider of all things wonderful.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for:
    1) God, who I have the ultimate Faith in.
    2) My Husband and Children. They are the most wonderful gifts in my life.
    3) My awesome Mother-in-Law. She is like a mom to me.
    4) Good health for me and my family.
    5) A great job to go to every day.
    6) Finding MFP and all of the inspirational people I encounter each day.
    7) Being a strong woman, who has been able to handle things that I never thought I would.

These are just a few things that I am thankful for. The list goes on and on.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for the increased popularity of rational thinking that has led to an increase in the atheist/agnostic population, the decreases being seen in the church-going population around the world, the decrease in the rate of population growth and the fact that we're edging closer to a population decrease, that our species might actually be on its way to correcting the fail it has inflicted on the Earth, and the fact that if these processes continue the future actually appears to be a bit brighter for humanity.

And I am thankful for recycling and renewable energy because the crude oil will be gone soon and I love my standard of living. :smile:

For all of these things I am thankful. RAmen. :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The high alcohol content of Gin.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The sun. Air. The earth. Water.