Help! Ideas for Weekend Dinner Needed!

Options
xoxMandyxox
xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
Alright, here's the deal. I have 5 adults and a toddler who eats like an adult. I need something low calorie, but super filling, flavorful, and packed full of vitamins and nutrients. The Google is no help right now, and I like forums better anyway cause then I can get quite a few ideas for several nights :smile:

Please and thank you!!

Replies

• LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have several ideas for side dishes...but the main dish would be up to you :)

I'm good with veggies :D
  • sweets2001
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a lot of great low fat healthy meals
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    have you ever looked at the flat belly diet cook book?
    they have some great recipes in there :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    the crockpot is my friend especially on the weekends, because I can do my errands or have a family day and come home to a warm meal all ready. Soups are great, there are lots of soups recipes on here. I love turkey taco soup or potatoe soup, also you can do roast and make burritos with the left overs, I also like to put chicken in the crockpot and put low cal cream of mushroom soup over it and some garlic salt and pepper cook all day and serve over rice. i hope this helps
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bean chilli super tasty super filling serve with wholemeal toritillas low or half fat cheese plenty of salad yum :-)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If you have a few ingredients already in mind...give All The Cooks web-site a shot. You can enter a couple key ingredients and it will populate recipe ideas.

My family favorite is Buffalo Chicken "sloppy joes"... use ground chicken (or turkey), Buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles a(or blue cheese salad dressing) and light hamburger buns.
  • nolehusker
    Options
    Pan seared Lamb Chops - Season with salt pepper and rosemary. Cheyanne pepper if you want a little spice. Cook to medium rare or medium
    Roasted Butternut Squash - Mix with butter and brown sugar. Roasted for 40 minutes.
    Salad with Light Asian With Sesame & Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing. Use romain lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and croutons.
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! Can't wait to try some of them!
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definitely look at skinnytaste.com
    Almost all of my favorite low cal meals are from her website.
  • rsratkie
    Options
    Pan seared Lamb Chops - Season with salt pepper and rosemary. Cheyanne pepper if you want a little spice. Cook to medium rare or medium
    Roasted Butternut Squash - Mix with butter and brown sugar. Roasted for 40 minutes.
    Salad with Light Asian With Sesame & Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing. Use romain lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and croutons.

YUMMY!! I am hungry now.:flowerforyou:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers = substitute ground turkey IPO ground beef

Baked salmon and veggies - I get a pc of wild salmon and I usually cook it in foil in the oven wrapped, I spray it w/a tiny bit of I cant belive it's not butter, add garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, papper.... then close up the foil and bake... good stuff healthy!
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    www.foodonthetable.com

Just something I stumbled upon and thought some of you might like it. You list the grocery stores you go to, what's normally on your grocery list, and it lets you know what's on sale, where, and for how much. Then, you go and pick out recipes (healthy, cheap, quick...), and helps you make your grocery list XD I think it's awesome!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When I know that my SO and I are having friends over to watch football, I make an easy vegetarian chili in the crock pot using beans, mushrooms, fire-roasted organic tomatoes, corn, onions, bell peppers, fresh jalapenos, zucchini, vegetable stock. Let it cook and make your house smell yummy.

Instead of packaged seasoning, which is full of weird preservatives and stuff I can't pronounce, I make my own - super easy!
    Use ancho or regular chili powder, cumin, cayenne, allspice, cilantro, garlic, salt, paprika and a touch of ginger and cinnamon.

Top with shredded cheddar, chopped red onion, jalapenos, avocado, and nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I know that my SO and I are having friends over to watch football, I make an easy vegetarian chili in the crock pot using beans, mushrooms, fire-roasted organic tomatoes, corn, onions, bell peppers, fresh jalapenos, zucchini, vegetable stock. Let it cook and make your house smell yummy.

Instead of packaged seasoning, which is full of weird preservatives and stuff I can't pronounce, I make my own - super easy!
    Use ancho or regular chili powder, cumin, cayenne, allspice, cilantro, garlic, salt, paprika and a touch of ginger and cinnamon.

Top with shredded cheddar, chopped red onion, jalapenos, avocado, and nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).

Everything but the beans sounded awesome!

I can't stand beans though ick! So instead of beans I might try the morning star starters for the protein.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    pasta is always cheap and good!! you could make a marinara with celery and carrots blended in!!! maybe even a vodka sauce and you can sub out spaghetti squash for spaghetti.

or you can make scalloped potatoes with fat free milk, it hink they even have fat free evaporated milk that adds that exta creaminess w/o the fat. low fat cheese, you can sub out some sauce with greek yogurt instead of full fatty cheeses.....roast chicken.... bbq ribs?? i liek to marinate some chicken breasts with pepper, garlic powder, cumin, salt, vinegar and roast the chicekn after its been marinating.

steaks, if you want an easy carne assada just buy the meat and marinate with some green onion, the juice from a can of jalapenos and cilantro..GOOOOD....marinate for a few hours then grill, salad, rice on the side, or shish ka bob (sp?) with rice and salads.....

i dunno..lol thats all i got
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    if anything go to foodgawker.com choose from THOUSANDS of yummy recipes!!!!!!!!! i ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS find things to cook there