Parasites

Options
Espressocycle
Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
I've heard some people purposely infect themselves with tapeworm and other parasites to aid in weight loss. Probably not for me (I'm scared to even try Alli), but anybody have experience with it?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Um ew! Why would anybody want to even CONSIDER this?!?!?!!? Gross.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd rather be morbidly obese the rest of my life than do THAT to lose weight.

Some things are just not worth it.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.

LMAO... this made me snarf.. heehee.. and I AGREE.

The mere concept of ANY type of little wigglie bugs etc is making me squirm....ewwwwwww!!!!! NOT worth it!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Yuck! Ever see "Monsters Inside Me"? No thanks :sick:
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I'd rather be morbidly obese the rest of my life than do THAT to lose weight.

Some things are just not worth it.

AMEN. LOL
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! My mom told me that when HER mother was young, they had a "weight loss pill" they could take. You take the green pill to start the weight loss & take the red pill when you reached the weight you wanted. The green pill was a tape worm. The red pill killed it.

Disgusting!!
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Couldn't have said it better!
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Jockeys used to do it. It's not exactly healthy as the worms eat all your nutrients, not just straight calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this was just out of curiosity and not something you'd ever consider.
  • monikajj
    Options
    Hahaha! My mom told me that when HER mother was young, they had a "weight loss pill" they could take. You take the green pill to start the weight loss & take the red pill when you reached the weight you wanted. The green pill was a tape worm. The red pill killed it.

Disgusting!!

Wow...just wow!
  • kaaaLo
    Options
    I can't imagine anyone being THAT desperate. Is cutting calories so hard that one would really consider doing this? Don't get me wrong, cutting calories IS hard, but if you want to lose weight bad enough to purposely give yourself a tape worm, cant you just eat less instead? Yuk!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Nasty and gross!
  • erinrose07
    Options
    I adopted a puppy that had worms once and trust me....after seeing live, white worms inching their way own of his a$#hole and falling to the ground (about 5 at a time) you would NEVER even want to think about such a thing in your own body.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Never mind how fast you'd gain it back. It's probably worse than a fad diet... because the worms are eating all your food, you actually get used to eating MORE, so once the worms are gone you are really screwed.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    This green pill red pill thing is brilliant. The true "one weird old trick for a flat belly" for sure!
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    It was popular in old times think 18 century or something....there were not many fat ppl anyway, most common ppl were rather hungry... But of cause ppl who used that method would get sick... All the nutrients to the worm, yes, they would get skinny and sick
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've been using the tapeworm protocol for 5 weeks now, and have dropped 33 pounds.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've been using the tapeworm protocol for 5 weeks now, and have dropped 33 pounds.

Where did you get the worms?
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    LOL I think it is funny how some people say they can't imagine having parasites in their bodies... well, ya already do! Humans naturally have parasites, a lot of them actually. Some are good while some are bad but are there in moderation. It is only when a human gets infected with the wrong kind of parasite or has too much for the body to handle does it turn into a negative.

But back to the question, I think it is a silly way to loose weight. Just like I think lipo suctions is silly. It is just another (get thin quick" type thing. People should work hard to lose weight not just sit around while parasites clean up the body. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone nor would I do it.