What strange thing does your SO do?

Options

Replies

• Katzilla82
    Options
    mine peels his toenails off in bed and drops the nail on the floor.. if i dont vacuum regularly, the pile gets pretty big. its disgusting.
    omg!!!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Dammit...my SO has an account here so I can't say! He hasn't logged in for over a month, but if I reply to this thread TODAY would be the day he logs in again, of course! :grumble:

*cough*HeRunsInHisSleepEspeciallyAfterTakingNyquil*cough*cough* If you are reading this, I love you ameinecke!! :flowerforyou:
  • CapeCodLover
    CapeCodLover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    mine peels his toenails off in bed and drops the nail on the floor.. if i dont vacuum regularly, the pile gets pretty big. its disgusting.

My BF has that same pile next to his bed .... I hear them getting sucked up by the vacuum when I clean!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My husband is a theologian and philosopher, so he reads tons of books. Before he closes a book, he holds the book up to his nose and flips the pages so he can smell it. He loves the smell of old books.

I love the smell of old books (especially from an old book store or library)! That's one reason I hate using my Kindle!

He refuses to use a Kindle or Nook! He has a library of about 5,000 books. Some super old. He has to smell every, single book before closing it!
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    Starts farting as soon as I lay in bed to relax at the end of the day and it smells terrible!
    Oh yeah he fans it in my face!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mine likes to collect transformers toys. He thinks they will be collectors items 20 years from now and will be able to sell them for a profit.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Whilst sleeping, he likes to clothes-line my breasticles on occasion. It hurts. He claims he doesn't know what he's done because he's fast asleep -- I think he's a goddamn liar.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This has to be the best thread I have seen while being on MFP, some of this stuff is beyond gross.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Loves me.

I'm a weirdo. lol

honestly, it's the strangest thing I can think of.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yoga :laugh:
  • CapeCodLover
    Options
    Mine likes to collect transformers toys. He thinks they will be collectors items 20 years from now and will be able to sell them for a profit.

My boyfriend has about 20,000 Hot Wheels cars in his collection! We have an entire bedroom devoted to them!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot that he *ahem* trims over the toilet, and 9/10 forgets to flush it... so I get a big furball to pee on.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Mine hates sounds,like the crinkle sound a bag of chips makes.He also will not walk in the garage barefoot because the concret is to smooth.
    He hates words to like elliptical, collectible, and paper cut
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My hubby doesn't use his account on here, but since I ratted him out, I'll share my strange habits, too...

* I circle typos in books.
    * I also sniff old books.
    * I entertain my 9 year old son (and sometimes his friends) by burping the alphabet or doing other stupid human tricks that drive my hubby bonkers (he has no sense of potty/gross-out humor).
    * I have to stop the microwave before it finishes because I can't handle the BEEP BEEP BEEP, so I always watch it and open the microwave door when it still has a few seconds left.
    There are lots of others, but those are the ones I can think of off-hand.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend SCRUBS his eyes in the shower every day! He swears that his eyes are like skin and need to be scrubbed with a washcloth and soap to get them clean. It looks like he cries red tears afterwards! As much as I've showed him that there is no evidence that your eyes need to be cleaned to that extreme he continues to do it.

If he has Blepharitis, then it makes sense:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002586/
    (In short, it's too much oil production near the eyes.)

But, he shouldn't have to scrub as hard as he does. A little baby shampoo on a Q-tip by the lashes is sufficient, or he can get a cleansing wipe specifically made for the eyes. If he is scrubbing his eyeballs, I have no words to say.
  • CapeCodLover
    Options
    My boyfriend SCRUBS his eyes in the shower every day! He swears that his eyes are like skin and need to be scrubbed with a washcloth and soap to get them clean. It looks like he cries red tears afterwards! As much as I've showed him that there is no evidence that your eyes need to be cleaned to that extreme he continues to do it.

If he has Blepharitis, then it makes sense:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002586/
    (In short, it's too much oil production near the eyes.)

But, he shouldn't have to scrub as hard as he does. A little baby shampoo on a Q-tip by the lashes is sufficient, or he can get a cleansing wipe specifically made for the eyes. If he is scrubbing his eyeballs, I have no words to say.

He is scrubbing his eyeballs until the whites are bright red!!! No reason to do it other than his irrational explanation that they are like skin and need to be cleaned!!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    He likes to gum my ears if he thinks i am not paying attention. it feels so gross.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Balances the check book. Who does THAT anymore??
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Whilst sleeping, he likes to clothes-line my breasticles on occasion. It hurts. He claims he doesn't know what he's done because he's fast asleep -- I think he's a goddamn liar.

Winner.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

I just shot my drink out my nose. Oh nice! all over my research papers. damnit! lol to funny!