Getting in enough calories!

Options
I'm new to the website but I love how all of it works. Im only 18 and in trying to gain weight/muscle. Being in school everything it's pretty hard getting all my calories in. Any ideas?

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    protien and granola bars, maybe shakes
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    choosing whole grain stuff (breads, pastas, brown rice) packs a alot of calories, cheese too. Good luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    calorically dense foods

nuts

nut butters

advocados

pasta

full fat diary

ice cream
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods are great ways to get more calories in less food.
  • kaweenf
    kaweenf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day) diet with a robust lifting plan (if you're just starting out do Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5)

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Make your own trail mix.
    I make a mix of cashews, corn nuts, hulled pumpkin seeds, hulled sunflower seeds, rice chex, and a small amount of dark chocolate. If I'm way under my calorie goal, I just grab a 1/2 cup of that and snack. It's high in calories, but also high in good fats and protein, so it balances out.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    beans, rice/whole grains, raisins, cheese, large potatoes, higher calorie fruit (instead of strawberries for example, going with banana or large pears, etc), lean meats, peanut butter, nuts/seeds. can mix some of these items together and get really high calorie meals--- like the meat with cheese with rice with beans can make a burrito or mexican dish, fruit like a large apple with (natural) peanut butter, nuts/seeds or raisins in rice to either add crunch or sweetness, black beans and rice is a southern dish; as a side dish with dinner i like to mix lima beans in my rice (the only way i like lima beans); instead of just having a salad you can add nuts/seeds, cheese, meat and even fruit or raisins to bulk up the calorie content....

and you can drink calories like adding in a cup of milk here and a cup of juice there...
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Brings food with you to school so you can snake in between classes.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Cans of spam and blocks of cheddar cheese + tons of whey protein - gained 20 lbs in like a month and a half with this haha
  • RRodriguez217
    Options
    Thanks to all! Got some really good ideas. I currently have protein powder, so maybe I can make some homemade protein/granola bars! Def will try the homemade trailmix as well!