13»

Replies

• bode1all
    Options
    bump
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    At work now so not much time to read, but I will check it out later. I didn't see any listing of credentials on the site. I googled him and again it didn't list any, but said he was "the authority on sports nutrition and more specifically low- carbohydrate dieting". Since I'm not an athlete and don't eat low-carb I'm not sure how much relavence any of it will have for me though.

If you are human,it applies. Period.

I'm not sure why you have this hang up thinking that what applies for atheles does not apply for the average joe/jane.

All of the same stuff applies, just scaled to your size.

I know that athletes have different nutritional needs than a 50 yo woman that sits at desk for 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week. And I know I have no interest in a low carb diet. because I know it's not necessary for my health or weight loss. I wasn't aware knowing those things was a "hang up".

For God's sake, you are impossible.

#1- As has been mentioned many times, Lyle isn't only about low carb dieting, in fact 98% of his articles are not about that at all.

#2- It works for everyone because you scale nutriton to activity level and size. If you sit at your desk a lot you eat less and then adjust nutrients for that, it's that simple. Your body does not work differntly than an athlete, you are human, your metabolism works exactly the same way everyone else's does barring a health problem.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    At work now so not much time to read, but I will check it out later. I didn't see any listing of credentials on the site. I googled him and again it didn't list any, but said he was "the authority on sports nutrition and more specifically low- carbohydrate dieting". Since I'm not an athlete and don't eat low-carb I'm not sure how much relavence any of it will have for me though.

If you are human,it applies. Period.

I'm not sure why you have this hang up thinking that what applies for atheles does not apply for the average joe/jane.

All of the same stuff applies, just scaled to your size.

I know that athletes have different nutritional needs than a 50 yo woman that sits at desk for 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week. And I know I have no interest in a low carb diet. because I know it's not necessary for my health or weight loss. I wasn't aware knowing those things was a "hang up".

For God's sake, you are impossible.

#1- As has been mentioned many times, Lyle isn't only about low carb dieting, in fact 98% of his articles are not about that at all.

#2- It works for everyone because you scale nutriton to activity level and size. If you sit at your desk a lot you eat less and then adjust nutrients for that, it's that simple. Your body does not work differntly than an athlete, you are human, your metabolism works exactly the same way everyone else's does barring a health problem.

Geez, if it's going to raise your BP reading or repsonding to my posts, feel free not to do either. But from reading your post I can't imagine what advantage this site would have for me. I already know how to eat healthy.
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Good stuff
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl!! I'm saving these for later since a lot of them apply (and I'm not supposed to be reading them right now since I'm at work...)

:D
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting. I will def be reading this later.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    bump to read later - looks very interesting thanks!
  • Ryoku
    Ryoku Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'll check this out later.
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    So I went to one of the links and its a review of a "paper." How do I find the actual paper/article? I can't find anything to take me to it......???? Or am I just confused......
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Geez, if it's going to raise your BP reading or repsonding to my posts, feel free not to do either. But from reading your post I can't imagine what advantage this site would have for me. I already know how to eat healthy.

So, you don't think you can learn something new that would help you out from an expert who's been in this game for years?

I love his teachings and that of Tom Venuto...but I ate healthy before knowing who they were. I wouldn't be so naive to think that I knew everything and that they couldn't push me even closer to my goals, especially since they have been there before, everything they say is backed up by peer reviewed science, and they are professionals who don't post anything they don't believe in.

Your argument is like saying someone like Arnold Schwarzennegger can't teach me anything about how to train for bodybuilding contests because I already lift weights.
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Bump :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Maibad.jpg

....bcattoes, you know everything already...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    ^^^ that made me laugh!! love it xD

He doesn't just tell people how to eat healthy, that not that hard. I would suggesting taking a look.
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bumpppp
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Welp, I know what I'm doing all afternoon. :)

Thanks for the links!