What strange thing does your SO do?

Options

Replies

• mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    mine peels his toenails off in bed and drops the nail on the floor.. if i dont vacuum regularly, the pile gets pretty big. its disgusting.

My BF has that same pile next to his bed .... I hear them getting sucked up by the vacuum when I clean!!

This is grounds for divorce, it is gross....
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be TERRIFIED of raw poultry. If I was making s chicken dish, he would run away if I tried to touch him until he saw me clean my hands by practically scrubbing the skin off of them.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    he has to "pants" me every time I'm doing anything at the sink....brushing my teeth, doing dishes, rinsing hair color out into the kitchen sink...anytime my hands are busy. Its not helping that most of my pants are too big these days and come down to my ankles without a lot of effort...ugh!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    This is strange to me, but my fiance cleans like my mother does. Laundry, dishes, dusting, vaccuming you name it. Before anyone comes to stay we have to have everything just so. He even folds the TP into that nice little triangle like the hotels do.............................it's weird.....but I'm not complaining
    This! I refer to him as my wife sometimes. :tongue:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Whilst sleeping, he likes to clothes-line my breasticles on occasion. It hurts. He claims he doesn't know what he's done because he's fast asleep -- I think he's a goddamn liar.

:laugh:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There are a number of things but one (and this is a GOOD one) is that he refuses to audibly fart in front of me. Seriously. I've only heard him do it once in 4 years and he was so embarrassed that I swear he was the color of a ripe strawberry! Come to think of it.....he tries not to burp in front of me too.......weird.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    He's really OCD about his hands... anytime he touches something (pets an animal, picks something up off the ground, etc) he has to wash his hands.

He's also really anal/paranoid about expiration dates on food. If it even comes close to the exp. date he won't eat it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad that I'm single.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    He gets grabby at the WORST times. Like when I'm trying to cook dinner and I'm holding a knife and chopping veggies or messing with a hot pan. I just look at him with the knife in my hand and go "seriously." He tells me I should take it as a compliment. He gets the evil eye and then he laughs at me and says "you're so cute when you're mad." Which then makes me even more mad because I don't wanna me cute when I'm mad I wanna be mad.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    To follow up, here is why it is strange (and amazing) that my wife says she loves me. Here are my strange habits:
    I hate cutting my toenails, and wait until they are like long, dangerous talons, making my feet uncomfortable before I break down and clip them;
    I can't seem to close kitchen cabinets. Ever.
    I save any bits of paper I get, receipts, notes, etc., and only periodically do I actually remove them from my dresser to throw them away.

Last word? iPad.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    He gets grabby at the WORST times. Like when I'm trying to cook dinner and I'm holding a knife and chopping veggies or messing with a hot pan. I just look at him with the knife in my hand and go "seriously." He tells me I should take it as a compliment. He gets the evil eye and then he laughs at me and says "you're so cute when you're mad." Which then makes me even more mad because I don't wanna me cute when I'm mad I wanna be mad.

OMG...must be related to my husband! I HATE, HATE, HATE the "you're cute when you're pissed off" thing!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Eww some of these make me really grateful for my husband lol
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    He uses my razor...have to admit the pre shaving gel razors are the bomb and men need some manly smelling ones to trim the lawn with too
  • CapeCodLover
    CapeCodLover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    He's really OCD about his hands... anytime he touches something (pets an animal, picks something up off the ground, etc) he has to wash his hands.

He's also really anal/paranoid about expiration dates on food. If it even comes close to the exp. date he won't eat it!

I'm a nut when it comes to expiration dates!! When I moved into my boyfriend's house recently, I threw out THREE garbage bags filled with food, dry goods, cans and spices that were expired or near expired!!!!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options

This is my biggest pet peeve in the world. My husband closes them, but my kids do NOT. I am going to have a nervous breakdown some day. :laugh:

Also, we have never farted in front of each other. In 14 years together. I guess that is weird to most people. Gotta have a little mystery I guess. :tongue:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

This is my biggest pet peeve in the world. My husband closes them, but my kids do NOT. I am going to have a nervous breakdown some day. :laugh:

Also, we have never farted in front of each other. In 14 years together. I guess that is weird to most people. Gotta have a little mystery I guess. :tongue:
    Whenever we have company, my hubby and I have to go close all of the kitchen cabinets because neither one of us does it normally.

Also, my hubby farts in front of me, but I don't in front of him. We've known each other for almost 7 years.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    If we are taking just a day trip or weekend trip, my hubby packs like we are taking a around-the-world trip. An overnight bag would suffice for most of the little trips we do. But no, he as to take a suitcase packed with all sorts of stuff including food. I'll tell him "don't worry, there are grocery stores, drug stores & malls outside of our little hometown if we forget or need something." Travel size shampoos, soaps, wet wipes, toothpaste.......we have enough extras to last a lifetime.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

^^^ I can totally appreciate this. Certain things just shouldn't be done in front of one another unless you really cannot help yourself.

And reading through these makes me so grateful for my better half.
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread ever! My husband is pretty awesome and Im pretty sure that an objective outsider would say I am the weird one, however... my husband can not remember crap. The weird part is we both know he can't remember, but he will argue with me about past events.

Also the eye thing is going to give me nightmares, no offense but that is freaky
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

OMG...must be related to my husband! I HATE, HATE, HATE the "you're cute when you're pissed off" thing!

UGH! It seriously drives me BONKERS. I just wanna knock him out when he tells me that. And then he gets all "aww baby, you're just so cute" when I get even more mad and tries to kiss me. One of these days it's gonna be the last time and then I cannot be held responsible for what happens. LOL.