Ideal Protein

Options
Has anyone ever tried Ideal Protein?
If so, what was your outcome?
Anything you would like to share, opinions??

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Never heard of it. A great rule of thumb is if it's cheap, leave it on the shelf. Also, if it has more than about 25g of Protein you're going to waste away the rest.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    http://www.killerbunniesinc.com/2010/08/lets-talk-about-my-current-diet/

I just read this this morning. As long as your are STRICT on it (no cookies AT ALL, no ketchup, no coffee creamer) you will do fine.
  • Julie4610
    Options
    I've done it before.. And by no means is it cheap!! it's around 90 a week.

i just wanted to see if anyone else has ever done it.

i am thinking am going to go back on it..
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. A great rule of thumb is if it's cheap, leave it on the shelf. Also, if it has more than about 25g of Protein you're going to waste away the rest.

please stop with this nonsense

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My ideal protein is 1.5g per lb of lbm.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My ideal protein is all natural and delicious.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My ideal protein is all natural and delicious.

Agree with this ^^ completely. Food with protein is the way to go for me.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I've heard the best is by injection.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options

please stop with this nonsense

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/

i agree, will people stop giving bad advice. you may own a gym this does not make you a nutritionist
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

HAHAHA I eat up to 80 grams of protein in one sitting......it's not going to waste :tongue:
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Meh...eat the real stuff...why have something made by machines? Albeit, I will have the occasional protein shake (as natural a one that I can get) when I'm in a rush. Still tho...if it had a mother, or grew from the ground...GOOD for the body!!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

What's wrong with inexpensive protein?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

Not a DAMN thing I buy the cheapest brand out there. I get it from wal mart $13 a tub and it's delicious. Plus it has raised my IQ to genius level. I am smarter now!

not to mention your self-esteem is now at *kitten* status. way to go!

*besos. you know i love you.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    thick, milky, hand delivered straight into my mouth.

usually has a bit of a nutty flavor.
    You burn a lot of calories priming the pump, too.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

Not a DAMN thing I buy the cheapest brand out there. I get it from wal mart $13 a tub and it's delicious. Plus it has raised my IQ to genius level. I am smarter now!

not to mention your self-esteem is now at *kitten* status. way to go!

*besos. you know i love you.

That's what happens when you're smarter than everybody! Now get back in the closet where I left you.
  • shaunagirl
    shaunagirl Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did Ideal Protein for 3 months. I lost 33 pounds and a ton of inches. I just couldn't eat the food anymore. I was so sick of it. My plan was to take a couple months off and then get back on it but that never happened. I was gonna start back up in October but DH got laid off and now I can't afford it. I think it is a great program if you are committed to what it entails. It really does work. For me I have such a long ways to go that I don't know if I could handle eating the food until I reach 90% of my goal weight.. I also gained all of my weight back that I lost on the program once I stopped.
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for about 8 weeks and lost 24 lbs. I am a busy single mom with a busy 16 year old. We were always eating fast food and basically crap. Ideal Protein (IP) is easy but restrictive in the first phase. You eat a lot of protein, but you also eat carb (part of the packets). It isn't cheap. But I gave up my Diet Mt Dew habit and eating out at lunch. Seems to be about the same amount I spent before! They have a lot of selection for a "packaged" diet. Check out at www.idealprotein.com. It is also FDA approved!
  • Julie4610
    Options
    I did Ideal Protein for 3 months. I lost 33 pounds and a ton of inches. I just couldn't eat the food anymore. I was so sick of it. My plan was to take a couple months off and then get back on it but that never happened. I was gonna start back up in October but DH got laid off and now I can't afford it. I think it is a great program if you are committed to what it entails. It really does work. For me I have such a long ways to go that I don't know if I could handle eating the food until I reach 90% of my goal weight.. I also gained all of my weight back that I lost on the program once I stopped.
    I agree with you fully. I was going to get back into it again, but it's just so hard. Plus the fact that i have a long way to go as well, and drinking the shakes for the first 90% sucks..... But i have alot of it still in stock, and i don't want to waste my money. Possibly after the holidays, i will get back to it hardcore...
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ill have to check it out, ive had the optimum nutrition whey on amazon auto order so i really dont do much shopping around lol
  • shaunagirl
    shaunagirl Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I agree with you fully. I was going to get back into it again, but it's just so hard. Plus the fact that i have a long way to go as well, and drinking the shakes for the first 90% sucks..... But i have alot of it still in stock, and i don't want to waste my money. Possibly after the holidays, i will get back to it hardcore...
    [/quote]

I also have a ton of it left in stock and don't want to wast my money. I am going to try and get back into it after the holidays even if it is just to eat what I have left.