What strange thing does your SO do?

Options
124»

Replies

• Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    He gets grabby at the WORST times. Like when I'm trying to cook dinner and I'm holding a knife and chopping veggies or messing with a hot pan. I just look at him with the knife in my hand and go "seriously." He tells me I should take it as a compliment. He gets the evil eye and then he laughs at me and says "you're so cute when you're mad." Which then makes me even more mad because I don't wanna me cute when I'm mad I wanna be mad.

OMG...must be related to my husband! I HATE, HATE, HATE the "you're cute when you're pissed off" thing!

UGH! It seriously drives me BONKERS. I just wanna knock him out when he tells me that. And then he gets all "aww baby, you're just so cute" when I get even more mad and tries to kiss me. One of these days it's gonna be the last time and then I cannot be held responsible for what happens. LOL.

If you go to nukes when he does that, he'd stop. I know someone who used to piss a chick off to the point that she was throwing things, an he wont tick me off on purpose :devil:

He insists that everybody else in the house moves his tools around..... uuuhhh yeah cause I use a soldering iron on a reg basis without burning myself and/or burning the house to the ground.....
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    OMG! These are hilarious...

My dad used to fart in front of all of us siblings without batting an eye so I picked up that bad habit. I'm very casual about farting around my husband and he is the same. The funny thing is you can hear mine but you can't hear his. We both laugh our butts off about it. It's a very disgusting habit I will acknowledge but what can you do and thankfully it's only like once or twice a week! lol.

My husband is also weird in that he will usually only order foo foo drinks at the bar and will only go to a certain bar which is a local brewery. Anything from that is basically a turn off which I"m fine with too as I never really got into the bar scene.

He also MUST have some form of popsicle, a children's cereal, and a kid's type of cookie in the house or he freaks. Plus his bottle of ice cream syrup even if we don't have ice cream. There's something about him and sugar! lol... It can be highly irritating when he leaves the wrappers everywhere as I'm the cleaning nazi and run around and clean it all up.

I wasn't there for it but he says he actually stuffed sandwiches with twinkies as a kid in between MEAT and CHEESE for extra flavoring. YUCK!!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I wasn't there for it but he says he actually stuffed sandwiches with twinkies as a kid in between MEAT and CHEESE for extra flavoring. YUCK!!!!

Okay, now that is just gross!!!! I almost threw up a little just thinking about what that could taste like and why anyone would want to eat it. :laugh: :laugh: Almost sounds like a crazy preggo lady craving :laugh: :laugh:
  • erinrose07
    Options
    My boyfriend paints over the scuffs on the walls if I mark them up on accident with my purse, jacket, etc :)!
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me glad that I'm single.

ME TOO!
  • branflake5
    Options
    omg this thread makes me feel like the luckiest woman on earth!! my guys is not gross like most of what i have read to far. geezz

the strange thing he does which at this point doesn't even seem strange anymore is that no matter what i am doing or where i am standing to do it he suddenly has to get something or do something from there too. example: if i am putting my make up on in the bathroom then he needs something out of the cabinet below... if i am washing dishes he needs a bag from under the sink. if i am fixing my hair at the mirror above the dresser he needs socks. it never fails lol. used to drive me nuts but now i expect it.

also he never eats the last bite of anything, like if he is having a burger he leaves a bite same with anything he eats. he says he just doesn't like that part.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    the strange thing he does which at this point doesn't even seem strange anymore is that no matter what i am doing or where i am standing to do it he suddenly has to get something or do something from there too. example: if i am putting my make up on in the bathroom then he needs something out of the cabinet below... if i am washing dishes he needs a bag from under the sink. if i am fixing my hair at the mirror above the dresser he needs socks. it never fails lol. used to drive me nuts but now i expect it.

this is a law of the universe
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend SCRUBS his eyes in the shower every day! He swears that his eyes are like skin and need to be scrubbed with a washcloth and soap to get them clean. It looks like he cries red tears afterwards! As much as I've showed him that there is no evidence that your eyes need to be cleaned to that extreme he continues to do it.

If he has Blepharitis, then it makes sense:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002586/
    (In short, it's too much oil production near the eyes.)

But, he shouldn't have to scrub as hard as he does. A little baby shampoo on a Q-tip by the lashes is sufficient, or he can get a cleansing wipe specifically made for the eyes. If he is scrubbing his eyeballs, I have no words to say.

He is scrubbing his eyeballs until the whites are bright red!!! No reason to do it other than his irrational explanation that they are like skin and need to be cleaned!!

He could detatch a retina by pushingon his eye balls like that!!!! Not to mention he could scratch his corneas!!!! Tell him to stop!
  • CapeCodLover
    CapeCodLover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    omg this thread makes me feel like the luckiest woman on earth!! my guys is not gross like most of what i have read to far.
    also he never eats the last bite of anything, like if he is having a burger he leaves a bite same with anything he eats. he says he just doesn't like that part.

I always leave one bite on my plate too!! I think its a subconscious thing so I can say truthfully that I didn't eat everything on the plate!!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Mine can't go to sleep if the closet/dresser door is open. sometimes I leave them open just a crack to see if she notices.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My husband is a theologian and philosopher, so he reads tons of books. Before he closes a book, he holds the book up to his nose and flips the pages so he can smell it. He loves the smell of old books.

I love the smell of old books (especially from an old book store or library)! That's one reason I hate using my Kindle!

Same here! Plus the feel of real pages in your hand is great!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My fiance eats a 3 musketeer (king size) and a glass of milk before bed every night. Also he turns all of our locks a specific number of times before he is convinced that the door is actually locked. He has broken the handles off both sides of my car in the past 6 month doing the "lock checking" thing. :l
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Let's see... He never throws away empty boxes or wrappers so I never know when were out of something and am always cleaning up. He somehow manages to make the blankets go different directions so when it's time for me to go to bed I have to either remake it or suffer from my blanket OCD. (He works night shift so we sleep opposite times.) He likes arguing with me and pushing all my buttons just because it thinks it's funny/cute. I don't think he's EVER replaced a toilet roll. His usual idea of doing laundry is throwing a load in the washer and leaving it there wet until I have to come back, rewash it, and finish the rest. Sometimes (in our small neighborhood) he'll swerve all over the road even though no one is around because he knows I hate it.

On the other hand, I also thinks he's the sweetest boyfriend I could ever have. The list of things I love about him would take too long :P
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My husband is a theologian and philosopher, so he reads tons of books. Before he closes a book, he holds the book up to his nose and flips the pages so he can smell it. He loves the smell of old books.

I love the smell of old books (especially from an old book store or library)! That's one reason I hate using my Kindle!
    I love my Nook dearly, but I love to go into bookstores just for the scent of the books!! I do the same thing with a new book. Just love the smell and feel of a book!!