Parasites

Options
1235»

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just read this entire thread. And had a great laugh.

Talk about opening a can of worms.....lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.

hemm that is usually cause by overly full anal glands, you don't have any

Uh, it's also caused when a dog has worms hanging out of its butt.

most often anal glands , trust me i have expressed enough.

Both cause scooting. Worms in the bum are itchy. Impacted anal sacs are just uncomfortable. And sometimes, scratching the bum it just feels good.

So I'm told. Mercifully, I have no first hand experience in that regard.
  • mmelledge
    Options
    I wouldn't want to do anything that would make me scoot my bum across the carpet.

This made me snort laugh.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Love this!! LOL
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    MFP works better.
  • fightingforfiftyfive
    Options
    I had a teacher in grade school (oh so many years ago) who told us all a lovely story one day about her desire to lose weight in the early 60's. She ordered a diet pill that contained a tape worm. didn't seem like a bad idea at the time. From what I've researched this was quite a common practice for a very long time.

She lost the weight, rather quickly in fact. But for some reason not known to her at the time she started to grow a belly, looking almost pregnant (she had pictures to go with the story). She then started to notice that her bowel movements became very rare and after a few months she developed a tickle in the back of her throat that wouldn't go away.

With all of this going on she decided a trip to the docs office would be prudent. The doctor told her that the reason she looked pregnant was that the worm had grown long enough to fill her intestines and the tickle she was feeling in the back of her throat was the worm working it's way up and out. Now, not being one to take stories at face value, I have researches this over the years and found this all to be quite possible.

So, after receiving this lovely information my poor naive teacher asked the doc what could be done. She then explained the anatomy of a tape work to us. The fact that it grows in sections and each section, if detached, will grow a new worm. It also grows from both ends. In order to completely remove the worm it must be killed and purged completely as to not regrow. At that point in time this required drinking poison, enough to kill the work without killing the host. Once the poison was consumed a set amount of time passed before the host was given something to induce vomiting. The entire worm had to be purged without interruption or there was a risk of it surviving and starting all over again.

So, hey, go for it. Chow down. I'm sure the procedure for removal has improved over the years.

Oh dear god. This has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. I must thank you though you have turned me off eating for at least 2 days.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've done the Parasite Protocol Twice now. First it makes you really fat. Then it calls you Mommy. Not so helpful in the weightloss department, though.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    caninetapeworms.jpg

Yeah, I'm on it...

(not)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I saw an old advertisement from like the 1920's that advertised tape worms as a diet aid. I think that is a fad diet from waaaaay back!!
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Still a widely used method of weight loss in China & Japan.

Not my cup a tea, but that's because I know about how tape worms work and just because you kill them all doesn't mean that you won't have deposits of their eggs left over in places that can cause problems later. I'm just a no no with this kind of stuff.

Most mom's would tell you though that pregnancy is like having a parasite....I am of the rare group that gained little to no weight because I puked all 8 months of my pregnancy with my only child.
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I should say that I know this to be true because several patients at our medical practice come in after having ingested this said "great diet" while home on Christmas breaks to those countries. I work in the laboratory have held jars of tapeworms in my hands while preparing them to go out to our reference laboratory.

YUMMY...if I have spaghetti or rice on those days for dinner I usually end up eating soup from the cafeteria as I'm too grossed out by the similarities.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Still a widely used method of weight loss in China & Japan.

Not my cup a tea, but that's because I know about how tape worms work and just because you kill them all doesn't mean that you won't have deposits of their eggs left over in places that can cause problems later. I'm just a no no with this kind of stuff.

Most mom's would tell you though that pregnancy is like having a parasite....I am of the rare group that gained little to no weight because I puked all 8 months of my pregnancy with my only child.

Actually, it is probably because you had an only child. It's the second one that does it to you every time!!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    caninetapeworms.jpg

Yeah, I'm on it...

(not)

Okay, now THAT made me throw up a little.....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    caninetapeworms.jpg

Yeah, I'm on it...

(not)

Okay, now THAT made me throw up a little.....

Apparently, it's a reasonable diet according to Healthy Weight Forums: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/diets/tapeworm-diet/

TAKEAWAY MESSAGE: Don't believe the crap you read in an opinion article with no science on the internet.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Since we're on such a gross topic.....

I picked up some parasites when I was living in Bolivia-- not a tapeworm but definitely not fun or healthy (or on purpose). Worms are actually not all that uncommon in parts of the world. When I lived there, I heard stories about people in some of the rural areas coughing or sneezing and worms coming out. Thankfully I got mine taken care of before I was infested enough for that.

And the tapeworm story that was posted earlier-- I read a similar story about a girl who somehow contracted a tapeworm and didn't know until she coughed and felt something "fuzzy" in her throat. It was still alive and wiggling, even after she pulled it out of her throat. Still gives me the heebie jeebies to think about it.