Anyone else here HATE tracking your food?

Options
I used to do it but it got old. I'm not losing any weight now though. I wonder why!

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The only times I have ever been successful in losing weight was when I kept a food journal. Otherwise, you can fool yourself into thinking that you are eating well. Numbers don't lie....
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love it, oddly enough. Can't wait to track my food and exercise :D
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I actually love tracking my food???? I'm sure thats just because I have a bit of OCD going on though ;-)
  • Frozen_Mango
    Options
    Not the most entertaining thing in the world, but gotta be done
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I don't even think about it anymore FOOD=MFP. I feel weird if I eat something and can't log it (like at work). I put it on a sticky note and put it in my pocket- it is the first thing I do when I get home as LOG and catch up on people's day
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy it...but I'm a wierdo, lol
  • resolu
    resolu Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't love it, but I get it. I used to not obsess on food, now I need to, and it makes me crazy. I spend so much time thinking about what I can eat. Of course, I'm only on day four, so none of this comes naturally.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It can be tedious sometimes but for the most part i love it because it is helping me and I'm seeing the change.
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love doing it as well. I think that's because I love looking at the numbers though. I might be weird LOL
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding...that's why the MFP gods created our phone app...can't do much else on it but track! If you're not going to track, there really is little point of being here.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It was a good learning experience, but I don't do it anymore.

I think it's good to do it for at least a month or so to get an idea of what you're really eating, but I would never dream of doing it my entire life.

I had some issues with hormones and medications that caused my overeating. I fixed those issues, and now I eat a reasonable amount of food and I'm slowly losing weight. I don't need to track it anymore. If I stop losing before I reach a healthy weight, I'll start tracking again.
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    im right there with the ocd thing aswell...although i HATE like measuring and stuff :grumble:
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding...that's why the MFP gods created our phone app...can't do much else on it but track! If you're not going to track, there really is little point of being here.

I must say...this site offers me(personally) ALOT more than food tracking...i guess i depends on how people utilize it :)
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I actually quit tracking and thats how I gained 40lbs back after the move besides stress no tracking caused weight gain
    Now that I am tracking everything again I love it cause im seeing results before I pick up junk food of any kind I ask myself do I really want to put this in my food diary and have the world see it or people on my weight loss page see it?

answer : HECK NO

but hey we have our splurge days so those days are okay but daily NO! If I do its within moderation :)

But yes I love tracking again seeing results awesome =)
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    No, I actually really enjoy it. I track everything, including gum.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I must say...this site offers me(personally) ALOT more than food tracking...i guess i depends on how people utilize it :)
    Same here.
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    me. im gonna start tommorow.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    After you do it for a while you can pretty much figure it out with out the tracker. I make sure I input my foods when I eat some thing out side of my normal foods though as it can easly tip the scale in the opposite direction. Although I still use the tracker every chance I get because its awesome!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I love it, oddly enough. Can't wait to track my food and exercise :D

Same here. I get sad and kinda disoriented when MFP is down. Tracking manually sucks! But tracking here is so super great. :D
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Log with MFP = success Do it!!!