Exercises for Whiplash

Options
I was in a car accident about 2 months ago and I am still suffering from whiplash. Hopefully I'll be doing physical therapy in the next few weeks, but I have gained 20 lbs because I haven't been able to workout. I also had a really sprained ankle, which has just gotten well enough I can walk without my brace. Does anybody have any suggestions for exercises that will burn the calories without straining my neck?

Thanks!
Dani

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i would do exercise bike
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    What's your doctor suggest is safe? Might be best to ask them as they'd know for sure what is safe so you wouldn't cause more injury or pain.

Plain walking can be a great benefit as long as it's OKed by whoever is treating you.
    Sorry about your injury, good luck with the PT.:flowerforyou:
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was injured 4 years ago and still suffer...My PT started me on the exercise bike and now I do the elliptical....Good luck on your journey.... :flowerforyou:
  • daniwilson13
    daniwilson13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I have actually finished 8 weeks of PT and now I'm officially cleared by the doctor to MOVE ON WITH LIFE!!!!! I've been working out on the elliptical and stretching. My therapist encouraged me to strengthen the muscles around my spine and neck so that they are better supported. She is great. If you're in the KC area and need a PT I can suggest a great one.