Anyone else here HATE tracking your food?

Options

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Only when I've made particularly poor choices:)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding...that's why the MFP gods created our phone app...can't do much else on it but track! If you're not going to track, there really is little point of being here.

I must say...this site offers me(personally) ALOT more than food tracking...i guess i depends on how people utilize it :)

I never said there weren't other benefits, but the ease of tracking is the point...everything else is icing on the cake.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    At first I thought it was a pain, but now I think of it sort of like a puzzle. You have to put all the right pieces together to meet your goal for the day. I find it challenging to try to change it up but to have a complete puzzle at the end of the end ie. stay within my calorie goal.

Tracy
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I love it because I already know what I am eating tomorrow. Makes packing lunches etc easy. Once you get in the habit it becomes an automatic thing to do. Changing it up if you decide to do something different is easy on this site.
  • aparrella82
    Options
    Nope it helps me keep track of what I put in my mouth. I'm a visual person so I like the fact I can see what I ate on paper so to speak.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. I think about it all the time, though.. I sometimes obsess over it too much! I'm always on my iphone app and I log right away.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I really don't like doing it. That's actually why I joined here because I was having trouble keeping my food journal going that my dietitian suggested I keep. It's easier to do here, but I still really don't like doing it. I will sometimes go a few days without tracking and then I go back and fill it in. I know, it works better if I keep track as I eat, but a lot of the time I just don't feel like it.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I actually like it :) I can't imagine how you could lose without tracking your calories, but I imagine it could be done if you had a lot to lose. I never miss a day of tracking!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Well I sometimes love it but yes now it's getting old and not even sure its working anymore as I'm more paranoid. BUT I guess I've learned alot about what I eat.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I don't love it but it's at least more fun to do it on MFP than on paper.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I hate it when it's not accurate, I'll use my App to scan in the barcode on certain things just to make sure, but sometimes MFP is out by 300-400 calories on some meals!!! Which is scary lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like it but I like tracking my exercise even more.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love it, oddly enough. Can't wait to track my food and exercise :D

I'm the same way too. Before I started MFP I thought people who tracked their calories were nuts and it was a waste of time. I enjoy it and have no problems now.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i really like it, but i'm a nerd like that.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    I hate tracking my food. I don't do it. I am still loosing weight thought. It's very slow and I guess it would be faster if I was tracking my food intake. I was just thinking it would be better for me to just learn to listen to my hunger cues and make smart food choices. When I was tracking calories, I used to eat even when I wasn't hungry, just because I had calories left over.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't enjoy tracking is when I know I have to put some really poor choices in my diary.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing it! Can't believe how many calories I use to eat per day~
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't like tracking my food really because I realize I usually eat way too few calories. I eat in a natural way so its hard for me to get all my calories in. Today I REALLY tried... and still, nothing. I have time for snacks and stuff so maybe I will get some more food in.

I'm shooting for between 1200-1400 calories per day. So Maybe I can afford a treat of some sort?

Anyhow yes, thats why I dislike tracking my food, but I dislike the fact that this is the only to success for me! :) So I will take the good with the bad
  • pepperedmoth
    pepperedmoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I cook almost every meal entirely from scratch, and laboriously entering in every damn ingredient and then dividing it out by the servings to create my recipes is a huge PITA. Plus the ingredients I cook from often don't have entries here. I mean, the bread I buy from the farm down the road? How do I even guess? Today at lunch I went to the salad bar at the co-op. I had two scoops of eggplant caponata and one scoop of curried cauliflower and one scoop of tofu chunks. Huh.

I lose weight without tracking . . . but I lose weight SLOWLY. Tracking is the only way I lose at a steady clip, so while I took a break for the past month I am now back on so I can make my goals by New Year's.

So, yeah, I'm in the same boat as you!
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    It's tedious but necessary.