Sexy for Summer 2012 - Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just updated my goals 60% protein, 30% carbs, 10% fat - lets see how I do, I am going to give it my best shot....I need to go get eggwhites and chicken breast.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just updated my goals 60% protein, 30% carbs, 10% fat - lets see how I do, I am going to give it my best shot....I need to go get eggwhites and chicken breast.

good ideas, guess I'm going shopping
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Tamara Tyus
    Dallas,Tx

Last week wt in was 319.0 and this week wt in is 314.0 so I lost 5 pounds!! Yayy me :-)

I burned 3336 calories this past week

I failed on the veggie challenge on the days that I remembered was great but when I forgot I had some cereal and didnt even realize it, however I was able to drink close to 950 oz of water.

My NSV will be fitting into size 18 by the end of month.

I will be changing my carbs and fats going to be kinda hard because I work night shift and eat lots of 100 calorie almonds packs and each one has about 8grams.. We shall see!!!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Tamara Tyus
    Dallas,Tx

Last week wt in was 319.0 and this week wt in is 314.0 so I lost 5 pounds!! Yayy me :-)

I failed on the veggie challenge on the days that I remembered was great but when I forgot I had some cereal and didnt even realize it, however I was able to drink close to 950 oz of water.

I will be changing my carbs and fats going to be kinda hard because I work night shift and eat lots of 100 calorie almonds packs and each one has about 8grams.. We shall see!!!

I think it's so interesting how body shapes are so different. I'm weighing in at 296 pounds today and I wear a size 24. I carry all of my weight in my middle, and I have large breasts (I can get away with an 18/20 in dresses and tops....not so much for the lower half!!) I'm also only 5'4". How tall are you Tamara?

btw, congrats on the 5 pound loss! Whatever you are doing is working!!! :-)
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Julie
    Toledo, OH

CW: 221 down 3lbs this week, yay! That's really the only good thing I accomplished this week. For some reason I was completely exhausted last week so barely exercised. As for the veggies I was really good at eatting them for lunch and dinner which I'm really surprised because I'm really not into veggies at all, so that was a lot for me. Only had one morning that I was able to incorporate the veggies for breakfast and that was in an omelette. Congrats to everyone who completed one goal or more!:drinker:
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Tamara Tyus
    Dallas,Tx

I think it's so interesting how body shapes are so different. I'm weighing in at 296 pounds today and I wear a size 24. I carry all of my weight in my middle, and I have large breasts (I can get away with an 18/20 in dresses and tops....not so much for the lower half!!) I'm also only 5'4". How tall are you Tamara?

btw, congrats on the 5 pound loss! Whatever you are doing is working!!! :-)

I am 6 ft
  • michellelay
    Options
    Hi group,

I forgot to log in what I like about myself and my emotional support.

I like my back! This sounds silly but my back fat has went away LOL :laugh:

Dislike: Still, my stomach! After three kids, it is not looking too great :angry:

My emotional support: My husband! He is my biggest cheerleader. He thought I was beautiful at my heaviest and at my thinnest. He tells me how he is proud of me all the time. Also, this group is my emotional support. I appreciate the encouragement and warm thoughts.
  • michellelay
    Options
    Checking in:

My weight has been all over the place this week. I started a new blood pressure medicine on wednesday, and ever since then, my weight has sky rocketed. I know it will take some time to get used to the medicine, but I am getting really frustrated! Since I'm still adjusting, I can't work out as hard or as intense as I would like to - I'm afraid I'll pass out. I see my doctor again after Thanksgiving and I'm going to beg her to switch me back to what I was on before. HW of the week was 299, and I'm down to 296.4 I guess I would count that as a 3.4 lb gain since last week.....Meh. I don't have the heart to change my ticker.

But I did meet the veggie and calorie burn challenge. Burned 2029 calories. Just barely made it :-)

I did lose 4 more inches. Crazy how you can "gain" weight, and still lose inches, huh? This week I won't be lifting. At all. I'm worried that lifting is keeping me from seeing the pounds lost, because I keep building muscle. I guess I'll see what happens next week at weigh-in.

This week my brother is getting married, so I'm going to have to really focus on not going crazy with food, and will have to try and find time to work out while staying at my parent's. It will be weird, for sure.

Good luck this week ladies!! :-)

STay strong at your brothers wedding! This is so hard for me (at parties). There is so much great food I always over eat. Do not let your past week get you down! Keep going, you can do it!
  • michellelay
    Options
    Current Weight 301.2 - I am down 2.2 from last week.

I did not meet the fitness or food goals. I know I burned more calories than my diary shows but I am not sure how to enter all the exercise I get since I do a lot of walking while I shop and clean house. We are in the process of moving so I know I am burning calories by cleaning and boxing up crap.

Veggies is the hardest for me. I am not a veggie eater. I never have been. I just never liked them.

NSV: I realized I am beautiful. I know my husband tells me everyday, but this week was the first time I heard him, really heard him.

This week is going to be a challenge for me. I love my carbs. I usually stay under my calorie goal, but I usually go over my carb and fat. This is going to be a great challenge.

Have a great week everyone.

I also would like to know how many calories I burn a day when I do my housework etc.
  • tracas
    tracas Posts: 12
    Options
    Tracy here to report! I worked off another pound, and burned 2300 calories all week!! :) Also I did veggies except for 4 meals all week! I also am realizing that even though my face is round it is still pretty and my eyes are very cool as well I suppose!

Carbs are my faaaaavorite! So this week will be a challenge but I can't wait to see how I do!
  • michellelay
    Options
    Tracy here to report! I worked off another pound, and burned 2300 calories all week!! :) Also I did veggies except for 4 meals all week! I also am realizing that even though my face is round it is still pretty and my eyes are very cool as well I suppose!

Carbs are my faaaaavorite! So this week will be a challenge but I can't wait to see how I do!

Carbs are my fav. too!!!! This will be a challenge this week for sure!!! Congrats on the pound.
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Checking in for this week.

Weight: 172.2 (down 1.6 lbs!!)
    Calories burned: 4331
    Veggies: I managed almost every meal, but missed a couple of breakfasts. :(
    NSV: My boobs shrunk!!! Wahooo!!! (I started as a 36DDD- at 5'2" and I hated those things)
    1 IL: I'm getting stronger and beating my asthma.

This week's challenge is going to be tough!! I already went over on my fats. :( I'm really going to try this week though. I love carbs. Hope I can beat this challenge. Only 94 carbs and 23 fats? *crosses fingers*
  • saudade87
    Options
    Check-in:

Weight: I started last week at 226.8, and weighed myself yesterday at 230.0 lbs. i've been insanely sick ALL week, tried to stay on target even though the doc said i wasn't allowed to exercise... it was extremely difficult! that, and i went through 2 bags of halls (each drop is 15 calories... didnt know that until it was too late! hahaha)

Challenges: trying to give my body a break. it was hard for me not to exercise, but my body was exhausted and i didnt want to push it. This week i am determined to get well, work out AT LEAST 30 minutes a day. i'm almost done my antibiotics, and i feel ten times better already :)

everyone have an AMAZING week- we can do this!
  • phatdiva26
    Options
    Check-in:

Weight: I gained 6lbs. from last weeks weigh in :frown: :sad: :sad: on thursday i got on the scale and i didnt lose any weight from my last weigh in...that had me totally discouraged:indifferent: then I went out of town for the weekend and didnt count any calories or exercise:embarassed: I know where I went totally wrong BUT NO EXCUSES!!! I have kicked into high gear and I am back on my journey:wink:

Challenges: I burned 2500 calories last week but I couldnt bring myself to go to the rec center to workout:indifferent: I didnt fully commit to the veggie challenge last week and I didn't meet the veggie challenge. I started incorporating them but I didn't for every meal.

NSV: my stomach continues to get flatter and my energy level is rising:bigsmile:

My check in definitely SUCKS and I hate to report it BUT at the same time I love it because Its making me accountable for my actions:smile: So far so good for this week and I can't wait to have a good report next week:bigsmile:

LETS HAVE A GREAT WEEK LADIES!!! WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTT!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    It sounds like everyone did a GREAT job burning at least 2,000 calories last week. Awesome!! We should all be proud of ourselves. I know it's hard to burn that many when we are sick, busy, and struggling.

CONGRATS ladies!! :-)

Week 2's spreadsheet will be posted on google docs by Wednesday, and I will post the link for you to check it out, here. I'll announce this week's overall winner, and the week's top 3 losers as well.

Keep at it! :-)
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Check-in:

Weight: I gained 6lbs. from last weeks weigh in :frown: :sad: :sad: on thursday i got on the scale and i didnt lose any weight from my last weigh in...that had me totally discouraged:indifferent: then I went out of town for the weekend and didnt count any calories or exercise:embarassed: I know where I went totally wrong BUT NO EXCUSES!!! I have kicked into high gear and I am back on my journey:wink:

Challenges: I burned 2500 calories last week but I couldnt bring myself to go to the rec center to workout:indifferent: I didnt fully commit to the veggie challenge last week and I didn't meet the veggie challenge. I started incorporating them but I didn't for every meal.

NSV: my stomach continues to get flatter and my energy level is rising:bigsmile:

My check in definitely SUCKS and I hate to report it BUT at the same time I love it because Its making me accountable for my actions:smile: So far so good for this week and I can't wait to have a good report next week:bigsmile:

LETS HAVE A GREAT WEEK LADIES!!! WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTT!

Hi phatdiva26

Glad to hear your back on track, keep working on it - gaining sucks but i am sure you picked up a few cues on what NOT to do next time.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Fingers crossed. Weighed in at 295 this morning. 1.4 lb down from yesterday. I'd like to keep it going down and not up.

Did my 30 minutes yesterday, and totally had 20 minutes of it as intense cardio. I kicked butt and was flying on my bike last night :-)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Okay, so I'm posting results early because I have a busy weekend.....

Link to Week 2's spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuzdNOtyGhUYdGpFRlRLS2Y2TG5Gc1BXSTM2VkVCRUE

Week 2: Oct 31st - Nov. 6th

Top 3 Biggest Losers:

1. Tamara T. - 5.6 lbs
    2. Julie - 3 lbs
    3. Tara A. - 2.2 lbs

Week 2 Winner:

Crystal, aka jellybean!!! Congrats Crystal!! With 4 points and a loss of 1.5 pounds for Week 2, Crystal has done a great job completing weekly challenges and has lost a total of 2 pounds so far.

The following AWESOME ladies have broken the 5lb lost mark in only two weeks:

Jamie R - 6 pounds
    Tamara T - 8 pounds
    Taneisha - 5.4 pounds
    Michelle - 6.5 pounds
    Julie - 5 pounds

Great job ladies!!!! :-D
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Hi everyone, how is the low carb working for you? Did an intense workout last night and didnt replenish carbs after - been running around all day and i pretty much crashed an hour ago. No energy. I havent had much carb today so i am working on replenishing my glycogen stores while staying within my goals.
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Checking in

Kristin
    Gatesville, TX
    SW: 235.0
    CW: 234.0
    GWS'12: 150

Loss of one pound for the first week! I did burn 2000 calories, but I did not incorporate the veggies (I hate them!). I know that is bad, but I am trying to gradually add them in things that I usually would not.