Working standing up...

Options
Hey all!! :smile:

I started a new job in a supermarket, setting up the department at 5am (running everywhere, transporting packs and so on :sick: ) then selling fish, continuously standing up and moving around, so ...

Does anyone know how to log this?? :blushing:

I started logging it as "cleaning, light effort" and the calories lost with look to be ALOT (which I wouldn't complain about! :bigsmile: ) . Any other suggestion?

Have a wonderful week! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could change your activity level to active to take into account the working?
  • kakelly1974
    kakelly1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could change your activity level to active to take into account the working?

Yes. See above.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump...by changing your activity level, you will show a higher daily BMR and calorie burn.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    didn't think of that easy solution! thanks :)
    (got back from work not that long ago, need to sleep :laugh: )
  • chribro
    chribro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My work sometimes involves alot of running about for a day (waiting tables for 10 hours), the way I log it is put in slow walking, 2mph and then 1/4 of the time that Ive been doing it. My reconking is that I do run about but there is a lot of pauses in there as well. I also have the other part of my job (kitchen Manager) is constantly on my feet so I've put my self as that but not constantly on the move.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    Sorry but I'm a bit confused, :sad: switching to "active" is not changing the daily allowed calories, so what does it change? The calories burned during activity?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    My work sometimes involves alot of running about for a day (waiting tables for 10 hours), the way I log it is put in slow walking, 2mph and then 1/4 of the time that Ive been doing it. My reconking is that I do run about but there is a lot of pauses in there as well. I also have the other part of my job (kitchen Manager) is constantly on my feet so I've put my self as that but not constantly on the move.

I thought about that too; though in the morning I never stop moving (even while selling because we have a lot of customers) until I have my 30min pause, so I would put like 1/2 or 3/4 of the time I am actually working...
  • stebboko
    stebboko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I'm a bit confused, :sad: switching to "active" is not changing the daily allowed calories, so what does it change? The calories burned during activity?

If I switch my activity level up to 'active' my 'calories burned from normal activity' increases and so does my 'daily goal' calories. I was really hoping it did too, otherwise I'd be confused.

I think it would be too hard to quantify how much exercise you're doing walking around all day, so best just call yourself 'Active'.
    I work at a desk all day, but do so while walking on a treadmill. As I know exactly how many miles I've walked, I decided to call myself 'sedentary' and enter the walking as an exercise.

'
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options

I think it would be too hard to quantify how much exercise you're doing walking around all day, so best just call yourself 'Active'.

So I log the exercise anyway, right? Sorry if my question sounds dumb :blushing:
  • stebboko
    stebboko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No, your running around all day has already been taken into account by calling yourself 'active'. Logging it as an exercise as well would be counting it twice.

If you go into the Goals screen and choose 'Change Goals' and then do 'Guided' and change your activity level, you will see your 'Net Calories Consumed' figures change. Does that not happen?
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    Oh, I see, it does! Thanks :happy:

The deficit is only 280calories bigger, though, and I seem to lose more or less the double of that amount a day (6hrs work + walking roundtrip to work)... Looks like somebody is gonna have to do maths daily! :laugh: