GOSH! IT IS HARD AT WORK

Options
Hello everyone, I am having such an issue at work! Since I am very much complusive about food and trying to break old habits and develope new ones, i find it extremely hard since I do work as a server at I hop! I am around it all the time!! Any advice on how to deal with my enviroment!

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am having such an issue at work! Since I am very much complusive about food and trying to break old habits and develope new ones, i find it extremely hard since I do work as a server at I hop! I am around it all the time!! Any advice on how to deal with my enviroment!

I work at red rooster and as I do not have any suggestions for you I'd love to see other answers.

Also, what does I hop serve? :S I live in australia, sorry...
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options

My husband works at McDonald's and I used to for a while. I don't know if you do but we get free food offers all the time... not good for dieting lol. Honestly it's all about will power. Find those few items you could have if you absolutely had to but discover some good recipes at www.skinnytaste.com or something that you can tell yourself you have something much better and more self satisfying at home!
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My ignorance kept me bliss.... Do servers eat the food off my plate? (Is before or after I'm done with it?)
    :huh:
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    Ihop serves pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, every kind of pancake! LOL
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    chew gum at work?
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I work as a server at east side marios (pasta house without a dish under 1000 calories!)

ps servers don't eat off you're plate, but they DO eat the mistakes, extra food, bread, salads and soup! AND when you are in good with the cooks they will make you special dishes as a nice gesture, but they are crazy bad for you!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's IHOP not I hop. It's an acronym...
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    Sorry didnt know I was in an English class!!!
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow, that must be really tough! I guess the advice would be to know what the calorie and fat counts are for the different foods and if you're tempted really think about whether or not it's worth it (do you want to have to walk 6 miles to burn it off or something), also, if you have your favourites there, don't deny yourself totally as that'll make it harder - let yourself have a smaller portion so you get the taste but not all the calories. Ask the chefs nicely if they'll make you something a bit healthier (if they're kindly people and aren't going to give you a hard time about trying to lose weight!). Definitely no snacking on 'mistakes', drink lots of water and try and integrate even more exercise (I gues you're on your feet quite a lot anyway!).

Good luck!