high praise from a 10 year old boy

Options
cantjustcant
cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
here's a long drawn out story.....last night was my youngest's football banquet. They had pizza but one of the football moms brought me salad (which was awesome of her to think of my journey). I got so many comments on my weight change (how much have you lost now? what are you doing?)

Then we went to the store so I could pick up my HRM. While we were there my son asked if he could get some running clothes. So he carefully picked out black and red pants, under armour shirt and of course matching jacket (that all matches his shoes). When we were checking out he was telling the cashier all about our walks and our upcoming 8K on Thanksgiving. I was acting busy doing other things but listening to his words. He told the lady that he likes it on nights when I am off work because we get to train. He told her "my mom used to just sit around the house at night and watch tv but now she works out all the time and she's lost almost half of my body weight. So I have to get new running clothes because I can't let her beat me at the race". He then went off to ride the toy horse thing and the lady turned to me and said "that's one proud boy you got there". I just nodded to her as the tears filled my eyes.

This was us after our 5K October 18th

jrandIgng.jpg

Replies

• elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    How lovely! :)
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    now I have tears in my eyes and I am at work. God bless you both.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That's so beautiful, we as mothers are often proud to be their parents but what a blessing to have your son be proud of you. Good on you, that's what this journey is all about, showing our children that there is a healthier alternative for life. DOUBLE THUMBS UP TO YOU :bigsmile:
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What a proud boy you have there. <3 Thank you for sharing this.
  • judif63
    judif63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful! I got teary eyed reading your story. Good for you! Super kid you've got there. :smile:
  • mtbiker1069
    mtbiker1069 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! Good Job, and it sounds like your raising a good young man there!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • BethG39
    Options
    What a great story! Congrats!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    aww... very nice
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Tears of happiness for you are filling my eyes! What a great example you are giving your son. WTG!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's really cool! This has to make you feel pretty pumped up! Sounds like you're doing a great job and your son's really proud of you. Way to go!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    So glad you shared this. He is definitely proud of you, and you should be proud of you, too! For losing the weight, but also for raising such a sweet and observant boy. You're doing great.
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet!!! =)
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes as well! I have a 10 year old boy...and I can just picture this interaction!
    Awesome ....just simply AWESOME!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    what a sweet story. My eyes have totally welled up. thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • trailgetter
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing.
  • Momt18
    Momt18 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful boy you have!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It made me tear up a bit, as well. That tells me that not only are you doing a brilliant job on your weight loss, but that you are also doing a phenomenal job raising your son. What a sweet kid. :)
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    now I have tears in my eyes and I am at work. God bless you both.

Ditto. How excellent!!
  • cptnjck0209
    cptnjck0209 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Such a lovely story :) I'm too soft, my eyes welled up for you. Children can be so amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!