Sizzlin' Summer Slimdown 04.13.09

Options

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    BMR question -

So my BMR is 1562. How many cals over this should I eat on non exercise days and still lose weight? Anyone know??

We need more info...what is your daily amount set out...etc...

That is kind of what I'm trying to determine. MFP says 1200, but I tried that and it didn't work for me. No weight loss, tired all the time. I am really busy everyday with 4 kids, so I'm sure I need at least 1600 cals when I am not exercising? Or am i going about this all wrong?

Ohh and i'm 5'3; 188lbs Thanks for your help Theresa. I love your new av btw!!!!!!:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Thanks!

I am 5'3" as well and was 175 when I began this journey...I started at 1200, and lost some and maintained, but have really noticed more success with 1400, the addition of some serious strength training, continued cardio and making sure I was eating my exercise cals.

I have a few progress pics on my profile...

Full length-March08-175
    Brown Shirt/jeans-Fall08-160
    Pink shirt/black shorts-March09-150

Let me know if I can be of any other help...:flowerforyou:
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    :happy: :happy: I am in .....my goal will be to lose 10lbs:blushing: and I will join the exercise challenge too:blushing:
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Theresa - Thanks hun! :flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Who would have known that I would loose two lbs over Easter Weekend :noway: I will take it anyway I can get it :bigsmile:

Anyway, my goal is 10 lbs for this challange. I would really like to go for 13, but being that I will be weighing in 1 week earlier than everyone else due to my cruise, I better stick to 10.

SW 193.5
    GW 183.5
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: OMG. I completely miscounted the number of days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the end date is 5/22, then we have 40 days not 47. Which would make the exercise goal 30/40. It's a bit of hefty goal, but I'm gonna try.

ha, i was just counting on my calendar because i thought 47 days seemed like a long time. but we can do 30/40. 2 rest days per week (almost) !! let's do it! :drinker:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: OMG. I completely miscounted the number of days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the end date is 5/22, then we have 40 days not 47. Which would make the exercise goal 30/40. It's a bit of hefty goal, but I'm gonna try.

ha, i was just counting on my calendar because i thought 47 days seemed like a long time. but we can do 30/40. 2 rest days per week (almost) !! let's do it! :drinker:

LOL wow, it's definitely a Monday! :wink: 30/40 seems DO-able if we all push ourselves and each other. I've found that if I print off a calendar using Outlook, plugging in any already-known conflicts, it helped me better hold myself accountable for workout days. What I did was go through and number (in pencil) the days that I was PLANNING on working out and once completed, I wrote in the # in marker. (Definitely a bit OCD and made it all pretty and color coordinated!) :laugh: Anyway, just an idea for anyone else that may be a VISUAL LEARNER like myself. :blushing:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Count me in!! I have been waiting on a new challenge so i could start fresh!!!

Ok so I think Im gonna shoot for 10 pounds give or take..

CW-159
    GW-149

Exercise goal- Not very active so gonna start at 3 days a week

Good luck everyone!!! BTW my name is Jessica!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Count me in!! I have been waiting on a new challenge so i could start fresh!!!

Ok so I think Im gonna shoot for 10 pounds give or take..

CW-159
    GW-149

Exercise goal- Not very active so gonna start at 3 days a week

Good luck everyone!!! BTW my name is Jessica!

Welcome Jessica...:flowerforyou:

Three days a week is a very smart way to begin...good luck!!! :heart:
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    I've Been on MFP for a while now but i haven't ever joined a group so not totally sure how this works.....i didn't join one of these groups before because i still doesn't seem to matter how MUCH or how little i work out for or how long i do it for...i never manage to do anything but maintain so i didn't make sence to join since nothing ever changes....BUT... i started the 30day shred and i did it 6 of the 7 days i've been on it so far and i'm optimistic so i'm gunna try...

5'4 and 140 lbs....i'm already on the healthy side of my BMI but close to the over weight side...i wanna stay in the healthy range but hopefully closer to the under weight side of healthy weight AND TONE UP!

i'd love to pick an actual amount of LBS to lose but as nothing has come off in the past an i don't wanna discourge myself anyways inches r funner to lose...i'll keep u updated on inches or pounds if by some miracle THIS was the workout my body wants....:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I'm in again!! I did pretty good over Easter and even got some exercise in with a rousing game of wiffle ball yesterday! I'm am starting this challenge at 301. I'll set my goal at 6 pounds, that will give me 295 so that is a nice number!! Good Luck everyone!!

SW--301
    GW--295
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well for this challenge I am going to shoot for 5 lbs. That would make me at 200 which i want to get to and be under SOOOO bad. My body wasn't working with me for the last challenge, but I am excited to start a new.

For the exercise part of the challenge, would my walks on my breaks at work count (and of course other thigns when I can get them in)?

anything that gets the heart rate up is exercise! try power walking instead of just milling along to burn extra calories!! :love:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Well for this challenge I am going to shoot for 5 lbs. That would make me at 200 which i want to get to and be under SOOOO bad. My body wasn't working with me for the last challenge, but I am excited to start a new.

For the exercise part of the challenge, would my walks on my breaks at work count (and of course other thigns when I can get them in)?

anything that gets the heart rate up is exercise! try power walking instead of just milling along to burn extra calories!! :love:

Thanks, i'm about to go in a half hour :)
  • lucky01day
    lucky01day Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hey guys! :) so, i have been REALLY off track the last few weeks and have gained back almost every thing i've lost since i started :( SO, i'm totally in on this one and my goal is rough but i'm gonna fight for this one... 10lbs by memorial day for me :) that should get me back on track and down by 2 from my start weight hopefully!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hey guys! :) so, i have been REALLY off track the last few weeks and have gained back almost every thing i've lost since i started :( SO, i'm totally in on this one and my goal is rough but i'm gonna fight for this one... 10lbs by memorial day for me :) that should get me back on track and down by 2 from my start weight hopefully!

Welcome Lovely!! :flowerforyou: Glad you're gettin back on track. :drinker: You know I'm here for you! :heart: XOXO

(PS - this is my sister ya'll :bigsmile: - not the one that just had the baby tho!)
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options

Welcome Lovely!! :flowerforyou: Glad you're gettin back on track. :drinker: You know I'm here for you! :heart: XOXO

(PS - this is my sister ya'll :bigsmile: - not the one that just had the baby tho!)

WELCOME!! I have a goal of 10 lbs tro lose by the end of this too. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • kdmiles
    kdmiles Posts: 9
    Options
    I love the enthusiasm on this thread...been reading some of the others and it isn't quite there.

The exercising 30/40 is a little intimidating, but I am going to do my best.
    Has anyone done a "Zumba" class or Latin Groove class? I did my first one at teh YMCA last week and loved it....very sore though.
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I am goin to go for a goal of 9 lbs for this challenge, hope i can do it. i'm also gonna try my best to do the 30/40 exercise, i need to write it down, i lost count of my days last challenge! Good luck everyone!! we are all gonna look great for those Memorial Day BBQ's !!!!

so
    SW - 159
    GW - 150
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    HI Everyone!! Lots of Eggstra people in here again...GREAT! Well, I am up 2 lbs from last Friday. At the end of this challenge I want to be 175. So, that is 13 lbs away! Better get sizzlin! Good luck everyone! Oh, and I will get busy on the 30/40 exercise too!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I would like to join too. I have been using MFP for 20 days now and prior too was dieting on my own (and over eating w/out realizing it). I started with only 9 pounds to lose but am having a really hard time losing any. I work out 4 to 5 days a week and only have slipped outside of my calories range 3 times. I have a very small frame so 9 lbs on me is more than it sounds. I want to be fit, healthy, and prepared for an active summer with my hubby. I am up for the 30/40 challege and would like to lose 5 lbs!!
  • pookie0214
    Options
    Hi! I jsut started using this. I would like to try this challenge. I would like to lose 10lbs..:smile: