30 Shred Challenge (11/07 - 12/06)

Options

Replies

• MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am looking for a smaller group starting somewhere around today (I am starting today). Is this going to be a small gourp? What is everyone's plan? I am going to do 10 days at each level.
  • MommyMiles
    Options
    I finished day 1... with the slight cheat in that I don't currently own weights. :ohwell:
    What is a good starting weight? I don't want to pick up something so light I'll only use for a little while but I also don't want to hurt myself. I was thinking 5 to 8 lbs? Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

i started with ten and it was a BAD idea. i am not very strong at all and have never done anything like this before. i plan to not use weight today and then do 2lbs tomorrow then 5 then 8 then back to ten

I have done 30 Shred quite a bit. I started out with NO weights, and it was more than enough workout for me (I was a total weakling, who hadn't worked out in over 3 years), I then moved up to 1.5 LBS and used those for quite awhile. I finished up with 3 LBS. I am starting back up tonight, after about a year of not working out. I am going to start with no weights. Jillian herself uses like 5 LBers. I would say do not go over 5 LBS. My hubby was going it with me for awhile and used 8LbS. I would suggest going lighter, since there are so many reps.
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am looking for a smaller group starting somewhere around today (I am starting today). Is this going to be a small gourp? What is everyone's plan? I am going to do 10 days at each level.

I am doing 10 days on each level as well.
    I did NOT do it today. but i WILL do it twice tomorrow.
  • MommyMiles
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 Done!! -- My three year old son did it with me. It was fun "mouskersizing" with him!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My DVD was supposed to be here yesterday, but should come today, according to the website! Can't wait!

Oh, and there's now a group for the 30 day shred in the groups section.
  • ltummonds42
    ltummonds42 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I would love to join as well. I started the 30 day shred yesterday. Did day 2 this morning, so glad to get it out of the way for the day! I am planing on doing 10 days at each level as well.
  • trslyn
    trslyn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! i started on sunday. today was day 3... i noticed i had so much more endurance today!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it yesterday, since I take Zumba on Monday/Wednesday... but today my 19-year old son decided to try it with me! By the end of the first set he was panting and yelling at JM to "shut up already"......LOL He's decided I work out alot more than he realized =)

Day 2 today, Zumba tomorrow, early/late day Thursday so no exercise, then Day 3 on Friday. I sometimes hate my schedule -- it really messes with my workouts!!!
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    just got done with my workout, i dont feel good since i injured one of my knees but am pushing through it. I dont have weights at home but i try to make up for it at the gym. 29 more days to go!!!!
  • MommyMiles
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 - DONE!
  • MommyMiles
    Options
    day one nearly killed me and my husband(a bit more literally- i smacked him in the head with the weight on accident ) I am so sore. I wish I watched the video before starting because i wasted a lot of time standing there trying to understand how they were posed and doing everything. And i think 10lb weights were a bit heavy to start off with. I had fun though and only wondered "how much onger" when i was in pain. not boring. Or and I had to modify some movements(jumping jacks, butt kicks, and jump rope, because my house shook too much in the living room doing them and we have a lot of pottery in the living room. so i just had to do those later.

I hope i have the strength(and time) to do it again today. DH's head is pretty badly bruised so he will be sitting out for a bit.

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, my son three year old son was exercizing with me (mostly running around, jumping on me, making the Shred that much more challenging (-; ). And I tossed my weights on to the couch after the strength, it bounced off and bonked his knee. We had to pause for a bit. He is find and kept going... LOL, made me think of the previous post though!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day one done! Wow, I'm definitely feeling it!

I started with 5lb weights and realized they're waaaay too much right now... any suggestions on household items to use as smaller weights?
  • ltummonds42
    ltummonds42 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done! So didn't want to get out of bed early to do it, managed to get up and once I started felt much better!
  • EHolstrom
    EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    As much as i hate to do this I am pulling myself out :( My dad just got admitted to the hospital and i will be staying there with him.
  • arwaleenah
    Options
    As much as i hate to do this I am pulling myself out :( My dad just got admitted to the hospital and i will be staying there with him.
    take care and i hope your dad gets better
  • CraziiPrettiiMILF
    Options

sorry to hear that, hope your father gets well.
  • CraziiPrettiiMILF
    Options
    Level 1 Day one done! Wow, I'm definitely feeling it!

I started with 5lb weights and realized they're waaaay too much right now... any suggestions on household items to use as smaller weights?

cans of veggies or soup
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to see how you're doing - keep up the good work! I am supposed to do day 6 of Ripped in 30 today, and then move up to level 2. It's similar to the Shred (some moves are repeats, and it's the same circuit style of 3,2,1), but what I'm loving is that it's only 6 days and then you get to advance a level. I start to get bored / huffy with Jillian when I have to see her face the same way for too long! :) He he he :)

Good luck!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Im on the every-other-day plan with 30DS due to my other exercise routines, but I"ll be competing Level 1 Day 5 tomorrow, then moving up to Level 2 for 2 weeks. Can't wait -- I'd forgotten just how hard JM works you in 25 minutes!!
  • arwaleenah
    Options
    Jst got done with L2D1. I found it to be extremely difficult but i kept telling myself its only for 20min, once i got done i was surprised that my exhaustion disappeared after the cool down.
    Lets c how it goes for the next couple of day.

BTW- How are you guys doing with your workout? I Hope everyone is still in this till the end.