My food diary

Options
Could someone pretty please take a look at todays diary and critique me? :) not looking for a halo polish just a little advice on what I could do to make it any better. Today I am trying hard and I feel good about it, not hungry, I guess because I am sectioning into like 5 periods of eating instead of doing my usual starving until 2pm and then freaking out with junk

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Today looks good. In the past two days I would cut out soda (coke) drinking calories and the sugar content is just not worth it. I would also limit fast food. Healthy choices and replacements will make a vast difference.

If you are concerned about being hungry. I would eat often but portion controlled with healthy filling snacks on hand like nuts, whole grains, greek yogurt, low fat cheese, and protein with each meal.
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I would drop the pancakes and add in some fruit. I don't know how big your salad was at dinner but it doesn't seem like you have much fruit and veggies on your diary. Add nuts to your snacks also.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Calories look awfully low
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Definitely doesn't look bad but if you have trouble staying full... you could bulk up meals with more veggies. I add them to a lot of things. LIke, if I has having a can of soup I would add in more veggies to bulk it up. I also shoot for around 100 grams of protein a day because that helps me stay full too! If you aren't hungry eating what you do though it's fine... I just have a hard time staying full because I am a big eater haha.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Also I am a big believer in the glycemic index. Eating things that balance out sugar spikes (which cause hunger). I always pair fruit with a protein because fruit alone can cause sugar spikes.... things like that.
  • DivaRenae
    Options
    I wud ditch the pancakes & add in fruit or 100% fruit juice, other than that everything looks great.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me, but lacking in fruit. Try adding a banana to your porridge rather than having pancakes? Anyway, keep up the hard work, good luck!

Also I'm from England too - feel free to add me :) xx
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If you even out the calories from meal to meal you will likely notice. It keeps your metabolism at a fairly steady burn as opposed to spikes and dips. Helps with the fat burn and curbs hunger.

Some people (myself included) like to spread meals out even more into 5-6 meals a day. Though just having three meals that are similar calorie wise would be a noticeable change.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More veggies and less processed foods.
  • ashimon
    ashimon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looks alright, i'd bump up the calories a bit. Also, watch the honey, if your going to use it, get the natural stuff from trader joe's.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/11/tests-show-most-store-honey-isnt-honey/