Zumba, here I come

Options
I'm starting Zumba for the first time today. I'm a bit nervous about what to expect, but excited at the same time!!!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Hey! Me too! Good luck!
  • startingover42
    Options
    I love Zumba. Hope you love it too. It is a great cardio exercise that is totally fun especially if you love to dance. So just get out there..don't worry about what you look like and keep moving.

Good luck!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have only been twice but I am addicted already. The hour goes by so fast, you don't feel like your exercising at all. Most of the women in my class are still learning the steps (as am I) so I don't feel as akward. Have fun!
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I bet you will too! Let us know how you find it!!
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well, how did you like it? Was it fun??? You have to stick with the same instructor at least twice cause it's even more fun the second time!!! The second time, you'll recognize songs and moves and it makes it so much more fun to get involved!!!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Its a wonderful workout!!!! I have been going for a little over a year and i'm taking my instructor training this Sunday!! You have to understand you WILL look like a goober your first class....lol, but know that no one is watching you and most people are just as lost as you are! Just have fun and smile and everyone will think you know what your doing! :o) Good luck and have a great time!!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    It's fun and relatively easy.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just tried Zumba for the first time this week and love it! :)
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Hope you love it too. It is a great cardio exercise that is totally fun especially if you love to dance. So just get out there..don't worry about what you look like and keep moving.

Good luck!

Agreed, when I do zumba I just dance as hard as I can, the more you move the better.
  • puddin1000
    puddin1000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last night and I had a blast! If you like to dance you will love it!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Last night was my second class, and I do love it. Though I wasn't feeling good last night so I didn't put my all into it. Actually got sick after, but I didn't want to skip. Question is, what do you do the other days you aren't in class? I run the treadmill, but it's not as much a work out as Zumba. I've thought about purchasing the DVD set. Suggestions?
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Last night was my second class, and I do love it. Though I wasn't feeling good last night so I didn't put my all into it. Actually got sick after, but I didn't want to skip. Question is, what do you do the other days you aren't in class? I run the treadmill, but it's not as much a work out as Zumba. I've thought about purchasing the DVD set. Suggestions?

I just got the total transfomation set and so far I am loving it!... I don't have a gym membership so I use workout dvds such as Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, Hip Hop Abs, Jillian Michaels and now Zumba.. I am thinking about getting Exhilarate in the future!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba!!! It is fun and a good workout :)
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes I am loving Zumba even though I just started about a week ago. I also use the home workout dvds-- the zumba total body transformation and the zumba exhilarate.

I love workout dvds, i also have tae bo and core rhythms.

Has anyone doing zumba lost any serious weight?
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing the Exhilarate. Is it really that good? I asked some people at the class last night and they didn't recommend them.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes I am loving Zumba even though I just started about a week ago. I also use the home workout dvds-- the zumba total body transformation and the zumba exhilarate.

I love workout dvds, i also have tae bo and core rhythms.

Has anyone doing zumba lost any serious weight?

PICK ME! PICK ME! I lost 60 pounds doing ZUMBA (before I started MFP)... took me 8 months!!! :-D

As far as the Zumba Exhilarate (and don't tell anyone I said this :-/) I wouldn't spend the money on them. Statistics show that you are less likely to actually do a home workout to DVD... regardless of how great it is. Now I teach it! On my off days, though, I like the spin bike, walking/running, and weights... weights, weights, weights (THAT'S how you get real results). I recently just got into a Body Sculpting class, which I love. Zumba is great for the cardio, but don't forget to shake it up with strength training of some sort!!!