Calling all snowboarders and skiers!

Options
Hey everyone! I want to start a group for skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels! I've been skiing since I was 3, and snowboarding for about 4 years. I'd love to have a group where we could discuss our love for the sport, share new workouts, tricks, and equipment, or just maybe find a riding buddy near you!

Post here if your interested and I'll add you in to the group :)

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! I have been skiing since I could walk! I do it on average 3-4 days a week all ski season long! (I use a lot of PTO)
    -Maine!
  • Cristhiane
    Cristhiane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm not a skilled snowboarder at all! I've only been a few times but I LOVE it! I'd love to join your group!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm a snowboarder. Skiied as a child. The boyfriend, now husband, pushed me into snowboarding 6 or so years ago but I kept having to take every season off due to pregnancies so I'm still not very good at it. I'm excited as this year will be the first time I've been able to go 2 seasons in a row, and I won't be chubby and out of shape from just having a baby. Got a new purple coat last year because I was tired of being referred to as "dude" or "bro" on the slopes but it still happened anyway last year regardless of the purple coat AND long braids coming out of my helmet.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Me, me!

My dad was an instructor so I've been skiing since I could walk and boarding for about 12 years. I just sold my sticks so it looks like this is a season of solely boarding.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm a snowboarder. Skiied as a child. The boyfriend, now husband, pushed me into snowboarding 6 or so years ago but I kept having to take every season off due to pregnancies so I'm still not very good at it. I'm excited as this year will be the first time I've been able to go 2 seasons in a row, and I won't be chubby and out of shape from just having a baby. Got a new purple coat last year because I was tired of being referred to as "dude" or "bro" on the slopes but it still happened anyway last year regardless of the purple coat AND long braids coming out of my helmet.

LOL ... nice coat, bro!!

I'm hoping to get in to snowboarding this year!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    I've skied since I was 5. Tried snowboarding too. I'd love to join.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    invitations sent :) here is the link for anyone else who wants to join http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/155-ski-snowboard-group
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    I learned to ski when I was 8 and then switched to boarding a couple of years ago. This group sounds great! :)
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    Awesome! I'm a ski instructor in Minnesota, and there's nothing I love more than skiing! Count me in!
  • suziwilson
    Options
    I learned to downhill ski after my previous husband died in 2003. Now I'm remarried and learned how to cross-country last year. I love the snow and am looking forward to the season. Anyone been up to the Methow Valley of Washington State? It is an awesome place to X country!

Please add me to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've skiied since I could walk! Snowboarding didn't go over so well but my husband boards! Love it!