"Life's New Journey" November Challenge Week 2

Options

Replies

• Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the weekly format! So much easier now. :)
  • PG63
    PG63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Didn't do bad this week but still need to work on the exercise portion....did pretty good on the food side though even with my sons birthday dinner and that leftover Halloween candy. Will get that exercise in this week....baby steps I guess

Thanks for the new format Donna

Go Team Journey to Lose!!

2448853.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I lost 1/2 pound over the course of the last week. It's not much, but I'll take any loss! Here's to week 2!

Today's mini challenge: I walked for an hour in the woods w/ my kids. It wasn't quite brisk (considering I had a 5yr old I had to drag along part of the time!) but I was also pushing a trail stroller over uneven terrain. I just finsihed my situps.. did some reverse situps, some regular crunches and some twisting situps.
  • audirain
    audirain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    definitely like the weekly format for planning.. thank you!
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the new format too.

Week 1 was momentum for me to keep up with this. Apparently I gained 3 lbs but i feel it was because of my transition from "bad dieting" to "good dieting". Before this I wouldn't eat up to my normal calories, but since I've started really getting into this fitness craze (And this challenge) I've been eating alot more and regular (healthy mind you) so i figured the weight gain is from those extra calories that my body isn't used to having these days. So I'll continue to keep this up because I know this is a better path for me and I am doing better (even if the scale is LYING!) I will say, that I've been feeling more fit lately, so that will be my accomplishment.......for now.:wink:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Mondays mini-goal results:

Food- Way under calorie limit with all the walking I did today :D
    Cardio- 60 minutes walking at the dog park, then another 30 minutes walking the other dog through a hilly park
    Strength- 100 crunches (three different kinds) - CHECK, I remembered to do it today, yes!
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Food: still working on that one but currently am under 1200+ calories (earned an extra 800+ =] )
    Cardio: About 50 minutes altogether. 40 minutes light jogging around, 10 minutes salsa dancing.
    Strength: 100 crunches...CHECK! 35 bicylces, 35 reverse, 30 leg up crunches. Also did some other strength training that added up to about 30 minutes. =]

Today was a good day. :happy:
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    love this, thanks Donna!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you Donna!! I am loving this challenge. It helps to read what you all are going through so I know I'm not alone! I lost 2.5 pounds this week so, hopefully something is working! I really need to start doing the challenges though... Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Under cal goal!
    Got about 42 mins of cardio in, including light jogging C25K
    100 Crunches 3 diff ways!

Monday...check

Gonna try to get those jumping jacks in shortly after I get up. <-- This way there are no excuses.
  • m_erira
    m_erira Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your hard work and motivation to keep us all going.....having the weekly challenges is awesome.... so If I miss the board... I will be able to stay on track.... thanks everybody!!!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Results from Monday Mini Challenge:

Food- stay below allowed calorie limit.
    ~Under Calories
    Cardio- do a 3 mile or 45 minute brisk walk.
    ~Did 5.10 miles today (C25K Wk 2 Day 1 & Walking)
    Strength- 100 crunches (three different kinds)
    ~Did 100 crunches (reg crunches, reverse crunches & bridges)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Monday --
    Walked briskly for 55 minutes.
    Walked more slowly, but with dogs 45 minutes
    Only 40 sit-ups & just one style.
    Calories? well, assuming under the calories including exercise.... Yes!
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    bump
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Was over calories by like 100 but I did 200 crunches, 20 situps, jump roping & running...too crappy to walk outside....giving up candy/chocolate for the Tuesday mini challenge!
  • missmo248
    missmo248 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For Monday's mini challenge, I got in my crunches during an abs class at the gym but only did 30 minutes of cardio. I was also barely under my calories for the day.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!

I completed everything for Monday's Mini Challenge.

:flowerforyou: Quote of the Day:

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

:noway: I am still looking for some weight entries on the spread sheet. I have sent reminder messages.

Hope you all have a great day.

Keep Smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,

Donna
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Donna~How many power knees are required for Weds challenge?
  • suziwilson
    Options
    Love the idea of a daily challenge. Can you add me to the group?
    I have to decide which one of my comfort foods to give up now! I may have to modify some of the exercises as I am recovering from an injury, but I will find something to get the same effect.

Thank you!