Belly Fat

Options
How do I get rid of belly fat? I was watching an infomercial over the weekend about the "Tummy Tuck Belt" and I am sure that is a gimic and in the past I bought a cookbook that focused on belly fat but nothing is working or I am just not putting the effort towards it. I have little to no motivation for excercising, cant do crunches cause of my back so I am at a loss but I look at some pics of friends on MFP that have definately lost their "bellies" and need to know how. Not having any more kids so I am ready to do something........:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert here, but I speak from a little bit of experience. What has worked best for me is walking, and a low-fat diet. So far I've lost about 2-3 inches off my waist and both friends and family have said that my stomach seems to be disappearing (in itself a miracle) Just stick at it and you'll notice the difference.

C
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat unfortunately. All you can do is cardio to help burn fat, ab exercises and core work to tone and strengthen that area and ensure tht you eat a healthy balanced diet making sure you watch your saturated fat intake, Also watch your sodium levels too.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    check out the abs diet.....for me when i've done it, i've lost FAT
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    I would agree with Krissie_Triaxis, your body loses weight where it wants to. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no diet or one specific exercise will cause you to lose belly fat. Watch what you eat and get some cardio/strength training in and that will get you on your way.
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    the belt IS a gimic. it is exercise and whenever you can remember, whether sitting or walking or driving, to hold in your stomach muscles. even if it is only a few minutes or even seconds! take a deep breath and when you exhale, your stomach goes in naturally, then just HOLD. it is a little something that won't hurt your back.
    Good Luck and Godspeed!:flowerforyou:
  • barwood
    barwood Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I saw on the Dr. Oz show to cut out refined carbohydrates and do step ups. Like on the steps just step omachup and down on them and it is suppose to flatten your stomach.
  • campbellfordgranny
    Options
    I suggest you stay away from all forms of simple carb. Make sure that when you have a sandwich is with whole wheat/grain breads, same with the rice, pasta, etc. Don't have any form of white sugar and really watch your fat intake. I found that any and all of these are belly fat contributors.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    From my exp, it'll go from where it wants to when it wants to. In the mean time..Jillian Michaels for toning..she is GOD of toning as far as I am concerned and I hate workout DVD's. But I got the 30 DS and wow...just wow.
  • llasto75
    Options
    check out the abs diet.....for me when i've done it, i've lost FAT

Is there a specific place to look for this diet? On here or somewhere else? thanks again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!