Board Games

Options
Any fond memories of playing board games as a kid?

The funnest one I remember playing was probably Mouse Trap. I have a Voltron board game that is pretty sweet too. I also still have Fireball Island.....all pieces intact (my 4 year old loves it). I'd post pics but I'm freaking lazy.

Fess up, post pics if you want. Let's see the awesomeness!

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sorry! was my board game as a kid or Trouble! haha

And Guess Who
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Monopoly was mine, me and family would played from hours to days on end
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love Guess Who! That is such a fun one.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    Candyland and Chutes and Ladders when I was a little kid
    Monopoly and Life when I was a tween.
    Now with my own kids...Apples to Apples, Horseopoly, and Sponge Bob Cranium.

:smile: Fun times!
  • stampede55
    Options
    Guess Who is dope sauce! I still have that one too....and Trouble. Love the pop-o-matic bubble!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make us play Scrabble several nights a week after supper during our summer break. I hated it because I wanted to be outside with my friends. But now I love it and other word games. I can also see how it played an important part in teaching my brother and I to become better spellers. I also enjoyed Monopoly and Yahtzee! And since you only asked about board games I won't even mention all the card games and non-board games I loved to play! :wink:
  • stampede55
    Options
    My mom used to make us play Scrabble several nights a week after supper during our summer break. I hated it because I wanted to be outside with my friends. But now I love it and other word games. I can also see how it played an important part in teaching my brother and I to become better spellers. I also enjoyed Monopoly and Yahtzee! And since you only asked about board games I won't even mention all the card games and non-board games I loved to play! :wink:
    It doesn't have to be just board games. Feel free to list whatever you want!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I loved CLUE! So, fun. Who did it? Colonel Mustard in the study with the wrench. LOL
  • stampede55
    Options
    Clue was pretty fun, but I could never wait long enough before I blurted out my theory, so I lost a lot!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My family is trivia freaks so we have played Trivia Pursuit since I was a kid, my mom usually wins. Spoons could get dangerous with my friends though. We broke my friend's sisters arm playing it. We were playing on a coffee table and on of the guys (6'2' 200lbs of muscle football player) fell on her arm.
  • stampede55
    Options
    Funny, I just learned what Spoons was yesterday. My coworker was telling me about playing it over the weekend. What a coinkydink!
  • v35lmt
    v35lmt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Candyland and Chutes and Ladders when I was a little kid
    Monopoly and Life when I was a tween.
    Now with my own kids...Apples to Apples, Horseopoly, and Sponge Bob Cranium.

:smile: Fun times!

Love Apples to Apples!
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    Clue and Skip Bo and Uno.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    scrabble!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i like playing Settlers of Cataan and Puerto Rico now. my friends and i gamble on the results to make it a little more interesting.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I loved CLUE! So, fun. Who did it? Colonel Mustard in the study with the wrench. LOL

No, no. It was Mrs White in the kitchen with the knife?
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE board games - almost all of them. Never got the hang of backgammon, though, which is too bad b/c it looks like fun. Anyway, my favorites are Clue (ever notice how it's only about 4 steps from the billard room to the library and a million steps from the kitchen to the dining room???), Scrabble, oh...just pick one & I'll play it with ya. Card games are fun, too.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Diplomacy.

Used to get together with a bunch of buddies and drink many beers and try to wipe each other off the map.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Guess Who? Was my favorite also! It's still in my closet.

Played Candyland, Uno, Monopoly, Monopoly JR, Sorry, Trouble, Battleship...and others that I can't think of!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    i like playing Settlers of Cataan and Puerto Rico now. my friends and i gamble on the results to make it a little more interesting.
    AH! YES!

I was hoping someone else here played REAL board games as an adult.
    My bf and I have over 100 games. I swear. I think he still keeps up with an account on BoardGameGeek.com, too. haha

I really wish we had more friends who would come over and play with us, but theyre more interested in bars