So Excited... Half Way There....

Options
Went to my 6 month Dr.'s appt on Saturday...... I have been dieting for 15 weeks (starting weight 252 lbs) and have lost over 50 lbs!!!!.... I am so excited.... I dropped a bunch of pant sizes (wore a 22, now @ a 16) and my bra size went from a 44-46 DDD to a 38 DD (went bra shopping on Fri., it took 2 hrs...)need to drop another 50 lbs to be in my weight area, then I will make a desicion if I need to drop more weight or not (50 more lbs will put me @ 148 lbs).. thanks to all of you for all ur helpful info, (special shout out to skinnier me), if it wasn't for MFP, I don't think I could have ever done this.... and to all the non - believers, IT DOES WORK...... you just gotta believe and keep focus.....

Replies

• charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Went to my 6 month Dr.'s appt on Saturday...... I have been dieting for 15 weeks (starting weight 252 lbs) and have lost over 50 lbs!!!!.... I am so excited.... I dropped a bunch of pant sizes (wore a 22, now @ a 16) and my bra size went from a 44-46 DDD to a 38 DD (went bra shopping on Fri., it took 2 hrs...)need to drop another 50 lbs to be in my weight area, then I will make a desicion if I need to drop more weight or not (50 more lbs will put me @ 148 lbs).. thanks to all of you for all ur helpful info, (special shout out to skinnier me), if it wasn't for MFP, I don't think I could have ever done this.... and to all the non - believers, IT DOES WORK...... you just gotta believe and keep focus.....
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    kudos to you. congrats on great success! i bet you feel better about yourself too. of course when i started to drop the weight what helps from time to time with your motivation is try the clothes on that you are too big for and look in the mirror. it is especially helpful when you think that you still have a long way to go. i could not believe what increasing my treadmill program from 30 minutes twice a week to 75 min, then next day 41 min, then next day 80 min, then next day 60 min did for me just in a week. of course i was doing five circuits weight training each day.
  • rdecember6
    rdecember6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WOW! 50 pounds, that's absolutely amazing! You must be totally "high" after that docotor's visit-and shopping trip! Those new pants ain't lyin'-nor the lighter ladies on the front of you:) You must feel SO exhillerated. 15 weeks is no small feat for that much weight. Please keep us posted-especially if those stubborn final 10 don't feel like budging. We'll be rooting for you!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Way to go Charley!!! (does the happy dance)
  • melissac
    melissac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    way to go! :)
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    WOW, tremendous, amazing!!!! You are most deserving of the happy dance that I joined Healthier Me in doing for you. You inspired me today. Thanks for sharing your success and keep doing what you are doing!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO! nice job!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...you should feel VERY proud of yourself!!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is soooo exciting! I was so happy for you, I had to read your story aloud to the other girl in my office because it is so exciting! Keep up the good work!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job. You must be so proud. I just love this site, everyone is so supportive. Where else can you go to get such positive motivation.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Yipee with lots of fireworks!

You are my hero I have a similiar goal and though it is coming off it can be rough some days. You have stuck to it and made your goal. You should be feeling proud of yourself. Enjoy it.

Eve