WHAT IS A CUP OF WATER TO YOU?

Options
Okay so I know the picture on your food diary shows a big glass of water, but it says cups... If a cup is 8 oz. And a glass is about 16-20 oz. Do you guys log by the oz. Or by drinking a "glass" of water?? I've been drinking 8 cups or more out of one of the biggest cups I've got, but sometimes I drink bottled water and refill it, or even liter bottles how do you guys log it? I know you can drink too much water but I believe I've been logging my water wrong, just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this and if you could get some feedback... Thanks :)))

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A cup is a cup. 8 oz or approximately 240 mls.
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    Every 8 ounces is one glass of water....

If a bottle water is 20 ounces, then it will be 2.5 cups of water.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    8 oz is a cup. And given that it takes all my will power to drink that much water in a day - it's a good thing. :embarassed:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I do it by the oz's - my glass I use is 16 oz so 2 cups of water :-)
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I log by the ounce ... 8 oz. = 1 cup of water. I actually have a 1.05 quart bottle (33.6 ounces or ~ 4 cups) that I refill 2-3 times a day. :)
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I drink out of big cups too. I count each time I fill up. So I get more than the minimum water, most days. I don't measure water. It's my system, and it works for me.

:wink:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1 cup = 8 oz.

This is a truism of life.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    A cup is a cup, 250 ml, 8 oz, whatever.
    At home, I usually drink out of large glasses. I have measured, they hold 2 measured cups. So when I drink a whole glass, I log two cups. If I drink half, I log one. If I drink half then fill it up and drink it, I log 3 cups, since I drank a cup, added more.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    250 ml
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have a 72 oz big water bottle thing that I keep at my desk. I count that as 8 cups of water. Its a little over though.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    count your ounces properly. My hubby started drinking 8 "glasses" a day, out of the giant 44oz del taco macho cups, so he was actually consuming 8x44oz=352 oz! It was waaaaay tooooooo much and he actually made himself sick, his joints swelled up and he felt awful!

eight-8 oz cups is PLENTY!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I drink out of a refillable 20 oz glass/cup/water holder thingy and every time I finish it I log 2 glasses of water. I'm shorting myself a bit on tracking it, but I figure I really can't drink too much water.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I log by the ounce ... 8 oz. = 1 cup of water. I actually have a 1.05 quart bottle (33.6 ounces or ~ 4 cups) that I refill 2-3 times a day. :)

I don't usually log my water, but I too use a large bottle that amounts to about 4 cups of water. I refill it at least twice a day. It's a lot easier to drink water if you just bring the bottle with you everywhere.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have a 72 oz big water bottle thing that I keep at my desk. I count that as 8 cups of water. Its a little over though.
    That's 9 cups of water.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    So my cup i use for my tea is 285ml, so times that by the 10-12 cups of tea i have a day and I'm more than hydrated! :D
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    1cup= 8 ounces It is official Broscience. Sometimes Broscience contains truisms rarely but, it's there sometimes all the time!
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    Thanks guys I have been logging wrong I've been drinking a little too much I think, thanks for taking the time to reply, I'll have to cut down before I get sick!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    yeah I do a 22oz container refilled 3 times minimum and then swig from a bottle or get a drink at a fountain on occassion. I go oz by oz and always under estimate when I remember to log em all. I know I drink atleast 8 cups a day on normal days and 12 isn't abnormal for me either lol
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It'll take a lot to actually get sick from it, provided you don't flush out too many electrolytes. Most people on here drink too much as they forget/don't count the water they get from tea/coffee/juice/milk/fruit/veg anyway. It takes a LOT to actually be too much, but it will give you additional trips to the toilet, which can get annoying!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It'll take a lot to actually get sick from it, provided you don't flush out too many electrolytes. Most people on here drink too much as they forget/don't count the water they get from tea/coffee/juice/milk/fruit/veg anyway. It takes a LOT to actually be too much, but it will give you additional trips to the toilet, which can get annoying!
    Keep in mind this guy will cut you if you try to make him drink pure water. :drinker: :bigsmile: