Stopped logging food.....

Options
Is there anyone out there that has decided to take a break or stop logging food completely? I began this journey back in march of this year and was addicted to MFP since. However over the past two months I found it mentally draining! I don't know whether its because of the extra workload I have in school (final year) or whether Im just tired of logging! For the past week and a half I haven't really been logging, but trying my hardest to put what I have learned on here into practice! I must say it has been going well so far and I also notice Im not as addicted to the scales as I use to be!!

Is there anyone out there who has done the same and if so, what has your experience been like??

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. I just lost the desire to log food/exercise. Yet I still log in everyday.

I'm hoping I'll re-motivate at some point, but meanwhile, I'm pretty much maintaining.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I am not using this site for what it was intended for at all anymore it seems
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging most of August... and even now I am not as religious about it as I was... but it comes back (well, for me it did).
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I started in Aug 2010 and stopped logging regularly in probably Sept this year. I just needed the break and I have learned to eyeball things REALLY well actually. I've just been maintaining which is fine for now. I just ordered Jillian Michael's 30DS to bust out these last 10lbs or so (or inches really!!)

I think it's important to know when you need a break and learn to live without logging everything.
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wasn't logging for a while and actually saw the effects of not really paying attention to what I eat. Before I had MFP i was logging my food intake in a journal. I just started back because I want to lose some weight that I regained and it is definitely helping.
  • flutterby6973
    Options
    i also have stopped logging but still eating the same way as when i was logging ... i think it is fine because we are more aware of the cals, carbs, or fat of foods that we have been eating. i have stooped for a while and am still losing so until that changes then i will just continue to do what i have been doing. good luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged my food for over a month. I was on prednisone which was turning me into a foodaholic, so rather than choose between feeling hungry all the time or feeling guilty when I saw the calorie numbers, I took a break until I was off the medication. Since then though I just haven't gotten back into the habit. I don't sweat it too much. I'm losing the weight that I put on when I was on the meds, so I must be doing all right with my eating habits. If I stop seeing progress or need to monitor something to help keep me feeling healthy, I'll log again, but for now, it's just not a priority.
  • Madmumlee
    Madmumlee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same for me too. I had been using it for months, pretty much every day. Now I tend to log in and put my daily food down maybe once a week. I think that it is better to have a break then come back wanting to get back into it, rather than lose interest completely.

I also think that after logging in every day for a few months, you probably know what you are getting each day anyway.

Enjoy a break. x
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging when I had a change of jobs and the holidays last year and slowly but surely I've gained some weight back because I started to relapse to how I was before I joined MFP. Now I'm working to get myself back to where I was both tracking food-wise and exercise wise this time last year. I've also decided, with exception of *BRIEF* vacation breaks, I will never stop logging again. EVER. Emotionally for me, it's just not worth it to start over after having achieved something so fulfilling :cry:
  • sbgraves
    Options
    I have never logged my food....it drives me nuts!!! But the few days I have done it I really stayed on track. I plan to attempt to give it another shot since today the scale moved in the wrong direction. So, you are not alone....it gets boring and draining! As long as you aren't gaining then take a break...
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my friend stopped logging when, several months into maintaining her impressive weight loss she found herself weighing natural yogurt and thought, enough is enough
  • sfahey777
    Options
    How do you log in your meals...I am having difficulty doing this I would like to keep track of my food intake, I just started today
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging on weekends and holidays in June, and have taken a week off from it every now and then since.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Every few weeks I have a day or two where I don't log. I feel like doing this will prevent me from getting to the point where I don't want to log at all anymore. Usually taking a day or two off is all I need. I don't go crazy eating on these days either, just don't worry so much about the numbers. Still stay with portion control and balanced meals, maybe I'll have an extra beer or drink but nothing major.

I do hope to one day be in a place where I no longer need to log. After logging at maintenance for a while I plan on doing a two or three week trial run and then logging again for a few days to see how I'm doing, then slowly moving away from logging at all, provided the scale stays still and my pants fit well.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I stopped because I know even doing it I was not honest with myself. So I can't blame anyone if I am not losing. LOL