Need a ground turkey recipe for tonight - no carbs!!

Options
Got out a 1/2 bag of ground turkey for dinner but have NO idea what to make. Trying to avoid noodles, rice and potatoes at all costs. Doing a low carb challenge.

Any recipes would be greatly appreciated!! :-)

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I dont have a recipe for it but you could make a ground turkey chili. If you look at allrecipes.com they have quite a few good recipes.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    /subs
  • jenfactor
    Options
    yeah, chili!!! I have been on a real chili kick.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love to make ground turkey and mix in veggies, squash, zuccini, brocolli, cauliflower, basically anything will go with it. Alternatively is just mixing in some spaghetti sauce.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I would give you mine, but it has carbs.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Why not a turkey burger patty?

My recipe (for one serving)
    4-5 oz of ground turkey (i used extra lean Jenny-o 99% fat free)
    1/4 medium onion (chopped)
    1/3 egg
    1 tsp garlic powder
    salt and pepper for flavor

Mix them all up (the egg is to help keep it moist adn REALLY yummy), make them into a patty shape, cook them in a skilet with a little bit of oil until cooked

242 cals, 3g carbs, 4g fat (i used extra lean), 45g protein, 1g sugar, 150mg sodium
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers

Turkey meatloaf - I use ground flaxseed to hold it together

Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce

Turkey taco salad -- just skip the shells
  • dyeager01
    dyeager01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a ground Turkey Taco style salad last night. Taco seasoned Ground Turkey on top of Chopped Romaine with Shredded Cheese, Salsa and Sour cream...too good and I was so full.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Make it into taco meat, add tomatoes, onions, cheese, and salsa and scoop into lettuce leaves. It's a super yummy alternative to tacos!
  • Jocelleq
    Options
    there is a great weight watches turkey chili receipe, with zuccine, yellow squash, celery, bell pepper, chili seasioning, black beans and can of stewed tomatoes, beef broth. if you look up one point weight watchers chili you'll find the recipe. My family loves it.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I make ground turkey with zuchini and quinoa in cupcake tins... it's yummy and quinoa is GOOD carbs.
    You don't want to have no carbs!
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    might sound super strange, but I like to cook my ground turkey with cajun or hot spices and then mix it in with steamed cabbage and salsa....
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would do a lettuce wrap SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!

ground turkey cook with onions garlic what ever to season and istead of a wrap put it in a lettuce leave
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    or use spaghetti squash and make spag bol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also very good

as spaghetti squash remembles spaghetti just with out carbs!
  • bbyegal
    Options
    One of the easiest and most delicious recipes I would recommend is a mock-taco.

Brown ground turkey in a skillet with chopped onion and your choice of mexican seasoning. I like to add chipotles in adobo (it's really all you need!) but you can also do chilli powder, cumin, cayanne, salt/pepper - add a little water if you are doing just dry seasonings.

Toppings are your choice - the more veggies the better! You could do bell peppers, jalapenos, onion, avacado...etc. Fresh salsa!

Get a nice head of bib lettuce. Carefully remove leaves keeping them whole and rince them.

Scoop turkey meat into lettuce - top with veggies and voila! Delicious (and a tad messy) mock-tacos...mockos? :)

Could also serve this on top of a salad...or in a 1/2 of a acorn squash...
  • Aranney76
    Options
    I love making turker burgers without the bun. I chop up some onion and garlic and mash that into the meat then put them in the pan with just a little cooking spray. Turkey tends to crumble on the grill. Then I just put on my toppings (cheese, bacon (ok on south beach!), avocado, onion, etc.) I made these all the time when I was in phase 1 of South Beach. Also, prettypixidaisy's suggestion of Turkey chili is great. Just get some cans of stewed tomatoes, tomato paste (to thicken it up), 1 can kidney beans, chopped celery, carrots, canned corn (omit if you want to go completely carb-less), garlic, bay leaves and seasoning (garlic salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder to taste, cumin). Brown up the turkey and sautee the veggies then and add it to the other ingredients. Let it simmer for a couple of hours and eat. I always top mine with a little cheese. :)
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thai Chilli Basil
    Saute chopped chillies and garlic in a little oil
    Brown Mince
    Add Fish Oil, Oyster Oil and Soy Sauce to taste
    Add Basil leaves (lots) to wilt on top then mix through
    Usually serve on rice but you could try cous cous, quinoa or cauliflower rice.

Turkey and Bean Chilli
    Saute diced onion and chopped chillies
    Brown Turkey Mince
    Add Beans of choice (black beans if you have easy access, I usually end up with 4 bean mix or 1 tin each of cannelini and kidney beans)
    Add Tomato Salsa (I usually use a tin of tomatoes and some tomato paste), you could probably include some diced capsicum and I have been know to add a heap of mushrooms
    Simmer as long as you feel you need to
    I usually eat it with pieces of wholemeal pita bread or wraps/tortillas
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Chili is no good as there are lots of carbs in beans (if you use beans).

I would sautee it in a little EVOO with some thyme, oregano and garlic-- then add some fresh or canned tomatoes (lots), chopped green (or white) onions, maybe a little chopped bell pepper and chili pepper (or red pepper flakes).

Serve it topped with shredded mozzarella or parmesan. Yum. :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    chalupas...yum
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I cook ground turkey breast in skillet until done and add a jar of salsa. Then I dump it over lettuce - sort of like a taco salad. I hate turkey but I really like this. It's quite tasty.