• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I will keep my three from last week and add another

1) Slim In Six
    2) 8 glasses of water daily
    3) Log ALL calories
    4) 3 Fruit/veg portions daily

Last week I nailed the water and logged all calories (even the Saturday binge), I was unwell so exercising didn't happen. I'm adding the fruit & veg this week as I haven't been eating it daily, some days I'm overloaded and other days I have none!
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    11/7 Monday check in-
    Goal1 water 8 oz - done
    Goal2- walking 60 minutes /3.13 miles /7100steps
    Looks like a party week for most of the minigoalers.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Monday

1. Log in everything I eat . done
    2. Exercise 5 days 1/5
    3. 30 DS finish level 2 and start level 3 : level 2 day 4 done
    4. Eat more fruit and vegetables: done
    5. go out for a walk if weather is good
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    stufie: noticing that you change your decisions based on journaling everything? Or are you staying the same mindset?

I am not sure I get what you mean...do you mean if I don't journal things I make different decisions?

I am new to the board and I am trying to figure out how to edit my post...I wanted to add another mini goal for the week!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    stufie: noticing that you change your decisions based on journaling everything? Or are you staying the same mindset?

I am not sure I get what you mean...do you mean if I don't journal things I make different decisions?

I am new to the board and I am trying to figure out how to edit my post...I wanted to add another mini goal for the week!
    You can edit your posts for up to an hour after. You just need to click Edit on the lower right hand side at the bottom of the post. :flowerforyou: Glad you decided to join us this week!:drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (10/30-11/05)

1 - Be more aware of my food choices & keep my water intake up
    2 - Workout 4-5 days each week
    3 - STAY FOCUSED on the benefits of what making healthier changes is doing for me!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had!

Monday Check - in

1. Consciously eating and trying to get in more water. I'm sure once I'm back 100% well the water will come easily again as well as eating enough.
    2. No workout, hard decision as I really wanted to but decided the best I could do for myself is lay low and rest and be back 100% sooner that way rather than jump back in and stay ill longer. I really wanted to hit the gym today and my mind says..YEA! Let's do it! But then the logical part won out using the logic...:laugh: Back to workouts tomorrow though.:bigsmile:
    3. Keeping Focused and trying to shift my mind back each time it wanders.
    4. Good to be checking in daily again, but think I'm heading back to bed again shortly. :yawn:

Here's to a Tuesday better than all the rest... we got this Kids....we can do it!!:smokin: :wink: :smooched:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    melanie(x2): very proud as well, great use of those calories. I would love one too please

bhurley: yes, logging every day is so important, and AWWW, her first bday! How sweet! We should see a picture with her face smeared in cake

usernamekelly: awesome on nailing the water and logging. This weekend I tapered off, but at least I did that as well. It's so important. Welcome to the fruits/veggies club! It's a hard one for me.

fitnessmonthly: have I told you how adorable your turkey is? Yay on hitting your goals.

jennyph: Fantastic on hitting the goals, was the weather nice enough for a walk?

stufie: yeah, after I was logging for a bit, I started to make decisions and changes based on that. For example, now I try to cut down on fats, and add protein. At first it was just a simple "calories only" logging. Now it's for things like that and fruits/veggies, etc..

HeartsDesire: I'm sorry you aren't 100% right now. It'll come, especially since you've been doing the right thing with the rest. Rest well.

My check in:
    Chalean, six times this week: 1/5. Started doing it and received a call to go for a walk with a new woman I had met, so decided to take up the offer and enjoy the beautiful day. And then I blinked and it's late and I need to start winding down my day and getting my kiddos down.
    3 fruits/veggies: 1/5 yes, yay
    Protein higher than fat: 1/5 yep, by 2%. Woot! I'll take it.
    Don't let my anyone drag down my eating habits: 1/5 Today I was successful, and grateful. I really needed a day to help refresh it.

Have the Marine Corps Ball this Saturday, and some serious drinking will be occurring. Going to give myself a "get out of jail free" card for it.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday fellow mini goalers. I hope you all had a great day.

Klbeal – Welcome glad you have found MFP and that you have found the mini goal thread and have decided to join in. Great goals! Good luck with 30DS.

Abelrose – Oh yeah the water is tough! I try and spread mine out through the day. I use to forget during the morning and afternoon, and would try and get 8 glassed in at night. Not a great I idea. I just read a post where someone set the alarm on their phone and every hour they drink a glass. Good luck with the water!

Glossybl3 – WOW 5 goals! Good luck. I like your #4 & #5 goals. It’s important to not get down on yourself but easier said than done!

Philosohoe – Excellent recommendations as always. Great finish up for last week. You really did great!! Keep it up and I know it will be a great week for you.

Dmborders – Taking things a week at time really does help make this journey so much easier. WOO HOO for another shredder!! Love all the shredding. Good luck giving up soda. That really is a super tough one.

TheBestRevenge21 – Welcome back. Good luck to you this week. Looks like you have picked some really great manageable goals for the week. I know you can do this!

Cityperks – Thanks so much for the friend request. I really like your profile pic! I know you can get back on track and I hope the mini goals help you out.

Arwaleenah – Welcome back! How’s 30DS treating you? Good luck with your goals this week.

Stufie – Thanks so much for the friend request! Glad you have come back again to try and master your mini goals again. I was down and out with a bad cold to, and I think the worst has past, I hope you are getting past yours as well. Sounds like the early morning workouts are popular this week!

Ittee – You and me… Mastering the weekends that’s going to be our joint goal! We will work on that after the Marine Corps Ball. I’ve heard it is quite a party. Ball gown and all!! Definitely a get out of jail free kind of day. Great job with you goals today, I know you said you were feeling not motivated but you are kicking butt with your mini goals. Keep working at it I hope the motivation comes back to you!

Melainemelaine – Way to get you’re cycling in!! Hope you enjoyed that (well deserved) cocktail.

Bhurley1424 – Ohh your little cutie is going to be 1! How exciting :happy: YAY! So glad you found us! I saw you posted on last weeks thread, I was going to send you this week’s link to make sure you found us. Good luck with your goals. Yeah weekends are tough! You, me, Ittee we all are going to get these weekends down!

Usernamekelly1 – Welcome back! Hope you’re feeling better after you were not well last week. Glad you’ve joined for another week and picked up another great mini goal. Good luck getting back into the swing of working out. I have to admit it was tough getting back into it after taking a week off.

Fitnessmonthly – Great job for your Monday! Sounds like you got a nice long walk in today. What a cute little turkey in your profile picture. We do have a lot of upcoming celebrations on the thread don’t we!

Jennyph2006 – Great job Monday! 4/4 is amazing keep it up. Hopefully you get some good weather so you can get a walk in. How do you like level 2?

Hearts♥Desire – Glad to hear the logical part won and you took it easy. Need to get yourself well. I know it’s hard. Hope you do go right to bed and get a good night’s sleep to help you kick this.

Monday check in:
    1. 6 am workouts of my choice – 2/6 I am happy to say I got up and got my butt out of bed and did my AM workout!!!
    2. Be more aware of my food choices – Did really well with this today. Pretty proud of myself.
    3. Log all extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, and sips) – There might be some M&M’s that didn’t end up in my diary… Shhh don’t tell :smile:
    4. Water, water, water - more water less other beverages – except for my morning cup o joe nothing but water for me.
    5. No eating after 8:00 pm – 1/6 Made this goal yesterday. So far so good for tonight. Need to stay out of the kitchen and I should be golden for tonight. Check in with final results tomorrow.

I hope all my fellow mini goalers are rocking and rolling today. Have a great Tuesday.
  • klbeal
    klbeal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:
    1. 30 Day Shred 6x this week
    2. 64 oz of water daily
    3. No snacking after supper (my achiles heal)
    4. Lose 1 lb

1. Did it first thing this morning! Made for a day filled with energy. Need to try and get it done every morning.
    2. Managed to get all of my water drank today!
    3. It's only 7:30 and I already snacked :( but that's it for the day. Nothing but water and gum for me.
    4. Well, won't know until the end of the week!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) Three Zumba workouts nope
    2) Three Elliptical workouts nope
    3) One yoga workout nope

Today was pretty terrible food wise for me. I have come to the conclusion that Halloween candy is the cause of my ADD, my hyperactivity, and that two weeks of minimal chocolate snacking has turned into a full blown addictive binge today. SIX! SIX "fun size" chocolates today. The caffeine is driving me nuts; I can't focus on anything for more than three minutes without getting distracted. I didn't make the connection until about 5:30 this evening, but now I see it all so clearly. As a result, I have to add one more goal to the week:
    4) NO MORE HALLOWEEN CANDY!

I still reserve the choice to indulge in whatever fashion I choose on Friday though. Birthday rules will apply from the time I wake up Friday morning til I go to bed Friday night. That should minimize the "damage". LOL!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday fellow mini goalers. I hope you all had a great day.

Stufie – Thanks so much for the friend request! Glad you have come back again to try and master your mini goals again. I was down and out with a bad cold to, and I think the worst has past, I hope you are getting past yours as well. Sounds like the early morning workouts are popular this week!

I hope all my fellow mini goalers are rocking and rolling today. Have a great Tuesday.

Can I just say how amazing all of you are? I have never seen a more genuinely supportive or friendly bunch. I was thinking this morning (as I slugged away on the elliptical) how sometimes people can be cruel and mean, and how rare it is for strangers to be so kind to each other - but not here. This is such a great place and the positivity really boosts my day!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    MAK: way to rock all your goals yesterday!! And yes, the ball is quite a party. My husband need to us time after the past month, that's for sure. Hope you stayed away after your post from food.

klbeal: awesome on the first thing workout, glad it gave you so much energy. Good motivation for continuing it.

Philosohoe: I loved your ADD "squirrel" comment. So great. And now I know that it's a reflection on you, lol! Time to get off your booty and start working out!

stufie: couldn't agree more, this group is so amazing and what keeps me motivated and going. Love it!!
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would like to join...

1) Log everything.
    2) Work out 4x this week.
    3) Cook more delicious and healthy foods.
    :wink:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Checking in for Sunday and Monday.

1. Water - Sun: check. Mon: check.
    2. Workout - Sun: no. Mon: Ran 3 miles outside.
    3. Carbs - Sun: no, weekends are my downfall for good eating. Mon: Surprisingly good.

I'm not sure who all the "regulars" are yet, and have to go back and read some responses that I'm behind on. Good work to everyone posting and staying accountable!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! checking in for Monday:

1) 3 servings fruit/veg - Check!!!
    2) watch sodium/sugar - failed again - I really need to look at the label BEFORE I eat something. :grumble: Sugar was ok - most of it was fruit.
    3) Log every day - 1 day down - 6 more to go!
    4) Pack a lunch every day - (I remembered what my other goal was) - Yes for Monday and today

jljohnson - I have the same problem with weekends; then I don't log. We can do this!

shabambam - Welcome! I like your 3rd goal - cook more delicious and healthy foods. It's something I need to work on - only problem is I hate to cook. :happy: :blushing:

ittee- Ooh - the ball sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy the time with your hubby!

stufie - YES! Everyone is so great on here! I joined a few weeks ago and this is the best little group!

hearts - hope your feeling better!! I hear you on the water - when I'm sick I don't want water; usualy want a hot beverage.

Hello to all the other ladies!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! :bigsmile:
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    right, let's see,

done 16km cycling on Monday, 11km today, to meet a friend for lunch, so literally earned my lunch and still got all the calories over and I do well with my zig zagging. I created a food on my list which i use to either add ( hence enter negative calories) or take off calories to adjust my daily allowance, found this the easiest way to do it.

SOoooooo, tomorrow I want to get down to the gym for the yoga class. fingers crossed, I haven't been back since June. really bad, I know, I just have to break the habit of not going!

You all do amazing btw, don't give up!
    I'm in!

my mini goals

1) stick exactly to my calorie zig zagging goals in my blog post
    2) cycle at least 4 out of 7 days instead of taking the bus
    3) get my *kitten* down to the gym at least once!

Let's do this!:happy:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how amazing all of you are? I have never seen a more genuinely supportive or friendly bunch. I was thinking this morning (as I slugged away on the elliptical) how sometimes people can be cruel and mean, and how rare it is for strangers to be so kind to each other - but not here. This is such a great place and the positivity really boosts my day!

Stuffie: This is the best group here! From personal experience I know that the people on here trully care and want you to succeed.

Monday Check in: Great Day! Woohoo
    1) Exercise 1/5
    2) Log everything 1/7
    3) No eating after 8pm 1/7

I will say this much, that no eating after 8pm has got to be the hardest goal I have ever tried to accomplish! I knew that I was a bad snacker but seriously its like a drug. I will overcome! The time change has actually helped me a little. I went to the gym "earlier" at 8pm yesterday and to bed by 9:30pm! So I really only had like 45mins of fighting the urge to snack.

I hope everyone is having a VERY productive week and meeting all of their goals!!! :smooched:
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    1. Log in everything I eat . done
    2. Exercise 5 days 2/5
    3. 30 DS finish level 2 and start level 3 : level 2 day 5 done
    4. Eat more fruit and vegetables: done
    5. go out for a walk if weather is good: 40 minutes today (*_*)

MAK_01 Thanks for taking your time to read our posts.
    Level 2 is killing me. i cannot wait to finish it. lol
    sorry i canno quote. it never works for me.
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi stufie and shabambam.
    La_ nanita I also think not eating after 8 pm is very hard, maybe u can try decaf vanilla tea or start walking to distract yourself , maybe start a blog here and enlist what you did the whole day.
    bhurley1424- Even I do not like cooking, I put everything in the rice cooker or slow cooker and that is my idea of a meal.

Today I was positively annoyed with the new changes that tickers from other sites are not allowed , I contacted Mike the moderator and he kind of helped a little but no more tickers for exercise that is sad.

Tuesday 11/8 check in-
    Goal1- 64 oz water done
    Goal 2- walk 60 minutes - 3.1 miles/7000 steps
    Have a great evening all the minigoalers.
  • mpontorno
    mpontorno Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For Monday:

1. Record everything I eat, every day. Done
    2. Workout before I go to work in the morning (I'll never get it done if I say I'll do it after work) Done
    3. No eating after 7pm. Done- well 7:10pm, that counts, right?
    4. Go to bed on time, so I can get up in time to workout . (Kind of goes with #2) Done

For Tuesday

1. Record everything I eat, every day. So far so good today
    2. Workout before I go to work in the morning (I'll never get it done if I say I'll do it after work) Done
    3. No eating after 7pm. Heading that way
    4. Go to bed on time, so I can get up in time to workout . (Kind of goes with #2) Planning to.

Really happy with how things are going so far. We do have a big Thanksgiving party at our house on Saturday night so I'm hoping I can at least stick it out until then, and hopefully that day too!
    It's so good to have people to be accountable to and very encouraging to see everyone's efforts and updates.
This discussion has been closed.