I'm running my second 5K this Sunday

Options
I'm running my second 5K this Sunday, November 13.

My first was in September and I really enjoyed it.

What should I wear if it turns out to be a cold day?

Mark

Replies

• BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    a very light sweater. You will get hot soon enough. I ran my first two 5Ks in October.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    A long sleeve dry fit shirt, a light pair of gloves and some dry fit pants...I get the starter brand at wal-mart for like $8 a shirt and $15 for pants.

I say gloves because I ran a 5k a couple weeks ago and my fingers were numb from the cold.

Did a 1/2 Marathon the week before and while I was in shorts and a t-shirt in 35 degree weather I warmed up about 45 minutes into it and wouldn't want to have had pants or long sleeve shirt on lol.
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    Good to goodwill and find anything warm. I usually try and find the uglyest sweater and sweat pants I can find. That way after you start running and warm up, you can throw it away.
  • Clare_F
    Options
    Not sure where you are or what the temperature is like, but I find I soon get warm when running, I am in the south of England and I am still running in t-shirt sleeves but I do see others out in hats and sweatshirts so I think a lot of it is down to how much people feel the cold too. Good luck with the run hope the weather is fine for you :)
  • jacobhayes1
    Options
    Sorry, I can usually type. Go to goodwill......... Good luck