Weight loss in the first few weeks...

Options
In you experiences did you lose more weight in the first few weeks than MFP had predicted you would lose? Or was it pretty accurate?

Does MFP put water weight in account for predicting your weight loss initially or is it just a steady, pound (real fat loss) prediction.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    In you experiences did you lose more weight in the first few weeks than MFP had predicted you would lose? Or was it pretty accurate?

Does MFP put water weight in account for predicting your weight loss initially or is it just a steady, pound (real fat loss) prediction.

Thanks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing my first few weeks. MANY lose more than MFP predicts- usually due to water weight losses. MFP predicts FAT loss, not water weight.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    your looking to much into it. It just states that if you eat x amount of calories you "should" lose x amount of weight. Some lose fast and some slow it just depends on your body type and make.
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just started the program on April 1st and I lost the 2 lbs they said I would the first week following everything to the T. Then I did not wt in because my monthly was on and they suggest you don't wt in during that time of the month. But then this past weekend I was really bad it was Easter and my family had two really big dinners and I did not follow any rule. So I was really scared to wt in this week but I did so this mornign and lost 1 lbs but I am so upset now because if I followed my diet who knows what that number would of been.
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit in the begging - I'd say within the first 4 weeks I lost 9lbs (I have it set to loose 1lb per week). I knew alot of it was water weight, but who cares as long as it's falling off right! I've hit a bit of a plateau now that I've hit the 20lbs lost mark; so now I'm working on changing up the exercise routines to try to kick start the loosing again. I would say just relax and enjoy watching the number on the scale decrease!! :bigsmile:
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    I've lost 1-2 lbs since starting MFP about a month ago.

I workout doing cardio for a half hour and a half hour of calisthenics/ strength training each day.

Normally I'm at exactly 1200 calories or a little above/below.

It's discouraging not to see success in simple scale numbers, however my clothes fit better and I can see much more muscle definition.

So, I am thinking I'm trading fat weight for muscle weight.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.