nursing moms?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
How many cals are you eating, and what's the age of your nursling? Do you add breastfeeding into your exercise log? If so, how many do you put?

My son is 2.5 months and EBF. I put bf in as 300 cals for exercise, but I'm not sure if that's right. I eat most of my exercise cals, so the number varies but is never below 1800. My activity level is set for seditary since I'm on maternity leave, and I'm about 193 lbs.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    How many cals are you eating, and what's the age of your nursling? Do you add breastfeeding into your exercise log? If so, how many do you put?

My son is 2.5 months and EBF. I put bf in as 300 cals for exercise, but I'm not sure if that's right. I eat most of my exercise cals, so the number varies but is never below 1800. My activity level is set for seditary since I'm on maternity leave, and I'm about 193 lbs.
  • acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am still nursing my 13 month old daughter and I do not log my breastfeeding as calories burned anymore because she is only nursing twice a day now. when we were nursing more I put 350 calories burned. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day, I do not eat all my exercise calories because I did that for a month and gained weight, so now I eat some of them, usually a little less than half of them. That just seems to be what works for me.

Good luck, finding time to exercise can be tough with a newborn at home, but it will be worth it!!! and make sure to drink TONS of water :wink: