SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! April 14th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
PSU - there are two veggies in this group - me and CP - if you ever want to dry the dark side for a little, let us know - it's easier than you might think.

I'm going to Fort Worth again this week, so it will be hard to get in my 5 yogas, but I'm going to try. Next week, I'm scheduled to teach 5 classes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yesterday - biked to yoga and walked. Today - yoga and walking.

I've given some thought to the "if you just did yoga, could you stay in shape." My conclusion is: yes, but it would be easier to stay in shape if you added cardio - I think joggers or walkers or cyclist or whomever can stay in shape with just their favorite exercise, but I think to be well rounded you need: cardio, strength, flexibility, and balance. I like walking and yoga the best - but I add jogging for my heart.

Favorite exercise boogaloo,

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    PSU - there are two veggies in this group - me and CP - if you ever want to dry the dark side for a little, let us know - it's easier than you might think.

I'm going to Fort Worth again this week, so it will be hard to get in my 5 yogas, but I'm going to try. Next week, I'm scheduled to teach 5 classes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yesterday - biked to yoga and walked. Today - yoga and walking.

I've given some thought to the "if you just did yoga, could you stay in shape." My conclusion is: yes, but it would be easier to stay in shape if you added cardio - I think joggers or walkers or cyclist or whomever can stay in shape with just their favorite exercise, but I think to be well rounded you need: cardio, strength, flexibility, and balance. I like walking and yoga the best - but I add jogging for my heart.

Favorite exercise boogaloo,

Mary
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Easter to all:flowerforyou:
    Still a couple more crazy days then I will be back on here religiously. I didn't realize just how long it's been until I got the "don't give up" e-mail from MFP yesterday. Thought I'd stop by to say hi. Lots of catching up to do on reading this thread.... until then, keep up the great work!

When is the next challenge start date?
    Did a quck 30 min jog, now time to narrow down my to-do list for the week!!!! :tongue:

:drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I was very proud of myself because I managed to do a yoga DVD yesterday. It felt like I had never exercised before in my life. . .I was really tired after the 27 minutes, and although I tried for "pendulum pose" which I normally can get off the ground in, my feet stayed down.

Today, I'm playing it by ear. I'm a little worried that this is mono. It's the only thing that I've looked at the symptoms checklist and said "yep." to everything. I even have the little bumps on the back of my neck. So, more resting, and maybe more yoga later today. I'm dying to try a new spin teacher at my gym, but this is probably not the time to do that (dang.) It did feel good to move my body. On a side note, anyone ever have mono? Did it feel like you'd been hit by a truck?

Yeah, Mary. I've noticed that the people who "just do yoga" are the same people I see chaining up their bikes outside the studio or walking the three miles to get to the studio. Maybe it's "just yoga" for structured exercise combined with a generally active lifestyle. I know the last time I felt like I was in really good shape it was when I lived in a little college town in my twenties and biked everywhere, because I didn't have a car. I didn't "exercise", but I did.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Mary-- that's awesome and I might be talking to you for advice. I don't want to go completely vegetarian but I do want to go without meat 2-3 times a week.

V-- I have not had mono, although some are speculating that I have it now which is not good. I have, however, had many friends with it, being that I'm at PSU and beer pong/sharing drinks and random hook-ups are quite the norm. It comes in varying degrees. Some just feel sluggish all the time, some have the sore throat and, yes, some have felt like they've been hit by a bus. I've seen people leave school for it and, unfortunately, the best cure for it is simply rest and taking care of yourself. I certainly hope you don't have it but it sounds like you might.

As for my goals for the day they are...
    No unhealthy snacking (since I did so much of it yesterday)
    Finish the errands I started yesterday
    Eat only 1 meal with meat.

I will be checking in later!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

f0b72cd8-f46b-408f-bb52-6a69fcd1fd74.jpg
    Although I'm not on here as often as I should be, I'm also a vegetarian and love it. Granted, I've always loved meat, but my body doesn't, so tons of veggies it is. And my seven-year-old son just one day decided to join me and has been doing so for about 4 months now. Nice to have support.

My goals for today:
    Finally get my ever spreading hiney back to the gym (almost three weeks without going).
    For once, do NOT go over my calories, no matter what (putting barricade in kitchen doorway).
    Try and convince my wonderful husband to join me at the gym.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yay for veggies! I just finished eating some carrots. :laugh:

I am feeling better today, although I do think I have a cold. Emergen-C, zinc lozenges, and lots of water are my treatment for now. I forced myself to the gym yesterday even though I got out of work too late to make it to my aerobics class. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical/cross-trainer on level 16 (although I dropped down to 14 about 2/3 through) and random - and I was just worn out at the end. It's been a while since I've done elliptical; I think I probably had been doing it on an easier resistance level before. I perked up after I had some dinner, though.

I still haven't managed to get up in time to do my strength routine in the morning. I will try to catch up (do a couple days tonight, and a couple tomorrow). Tonight is yoga. Oh! And I lost a pound. :bigsmile:

V, sorry you are still feeling so wiped (and that your doc is out for the week - what a pain!). I've never had mono but I have definitely seen some variation in how hard it hits people and for how long. AD - nice to see you! Technically the new challenge started yesterday and runs until June 1.

Mary, I am liking doing a variety of workouts (cardio, strength, yoga and walking) - it's just finding enough hours in the week to fit it all in. Variety boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi! Skimming over the posts today. The children I am baby sitting should be here in about 20 minutes. I'm a little nervous about watching kids, but especially kids that I don't know! It will be fun. The mom said they should take a nap so we'll try that!
    I didn't think I'd get any exercise in but I did manage to walk to the park and get in about 2.5 miles pushing the stroller. I really need to do that more often.
    I hope the house is baby proof enough! I never had to baby proof with Alex. He never got into anything. If he hadn't screamed so much as a kid he would have been an angel. He looks like one. :laugh: But I know there's a little devil in there. :devil:
    I need to run again.
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm taking a break to make sure I log in some food instead of trying to remember at the end of the day.

Goals for today;

stay in cals
    hydrate......if only coffee were part of this deal
    did 30 mins biking today
    veg and fruit...not yet
    work seems a bit slower last week and this week. I am taking full advantage!!!

ever spreading bum boogaloo......

Anne
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi,

Hope everyone had a good day. I had a lot more control today and feel better . Met all my goals except water.

Warm weather is on it's way boogaloo

Anne
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Does babysitting burn calories? I'm exhausted. Okay, rethinking getting two kids from Russia. :laugh: I didn't realize how easy it is to take care of Alex. I didn't know 4 year old kids went from one thing to the next so quickly!
    Tomorrow is thrown off a bit by my family coming in for a visit. A nice surprise so I am not complaining.
    See you all tomorrow. Hope you all are well and feeling better!
    MM