whats the best chinese takeaway to have?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilvixen84
    Options
    is a beef chow mein really 550 calories??
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I usually have stir fried chicken and veggies and don't eat the rice.
  • Wendy2911
    Wendy2911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just go and have what you want. Fill your boots, then start again tomorrow. Don't let a bad day ruin a good week. A blow out now and again won't do you any harm whatever the carrot nibblers say :drinker:

^^^^AGREE

A little of what you fancy now and again will keep you on track in the long run - dieting is like a marathon not a sprint - go out and enjoy yourself - dont make it hard work - then back to it tomorrow (maybe up your exercise for today - a long walk etc will allow a few more calories)

Absolutely agree, it's a treat so enjoy it and cut back a bit over the next few days :-)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Foo yung is pretty good, mainly like an omlette

O_o Are you serious? Have you seen this cook it before? That stuff get drowned in oil and salt. Holy hell.
  • startingover42
    Options
    When I have Chinese food it is a cheat day. When I am craving it I go with the sushi option.
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Stay away from things that are deep fried - like sweet and sour chicken or sesame chicken. Noodles are also not a good option unless you're measuring how much you eat.

I usually go with chicken/shrimp/beef with broccoli or moo shu pork with 1/2 cup of steamed rice. 800 calories is more than enough! Just try not to add much soy sauce (if any). Otherwise you'll wake up super bloated the next couple of days!
  • cathrinebock
    Options
    Most of the Chinese restaurants in my area have a "healthy" section on their menu that includes steamed chicken or tofu with vegetables, brown rice, and sauce on the side. If they don't offer that, order a dish with tons of veggies and ask for the sauce on the side.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Foo yung is pretty good, mainly like an omlette

This! I always have Foo Yung, tis my fave!!!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    the BEST chinese takeaway is peking dumplings, general gaos chicken and some crab rangoons-
    the HEALTHIEST chinese takeaway is probably some nasty steamed stuff that you could make at home
  • Gennawest
    Options
    not sure if these is an option.....

NONE.

not one thing of take out chinese is "healthy".

I mean if you are going to go to a chinese sit down place than perhaps you can ask for special cooking, but, if you are going to your typical chinese take out, there is not one thing (besides the veggies) that is healthy.

If the calorie count is low, then check the sodium. Usually those places FRY the heck out of the food, and use MSG as a flavor additive.

Best choice: flame broiler or waba grill. They serve teri bowls, rice and veggies. Made to order, never fried, no MSG or salt. Get the sauce on the side. Or else you will screw your diet over for a few days because of the salt intake.

By no means am I a professional. When I was losing there was no room for compromise.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Plug what you like into the food diary and see what options will work for you.
    I disagree with the purists. (my opinion) Stir fry does not use a lot of oil and you can probably ask then do do it with broth instead like I do it at home. As long as you avoid the fried stuff, sugary sauces and dumpling based products it does not have to be that bad. Easily can do it for 800 cal. Just try to keep it to about a cup. Meat is generally in the 2 oz range. Yes, soy sause is loaded with sodium but if you try to limit extra sodium in general it is not a big deal. It has very little calories (WW point free). I try to go for things that have a lot of veggies. One of my favs at Chinese or Thai is curry but that is a bit spicy.

For the person going for Thai-I LOVE Chicken coconut soup. One of my favorite alltime foods. Under 300 cal.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You could ask for anything no salt and sauce, rice or noodles on the side. That way you can add as much or as little as you want. Little is better. Whatever you order make sure it has a ton of veggies.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    is a beef chow mein really 550 calories??

I make it at home and it's about 400 cals