Options
getitamb
getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
Does food combining work?

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow! Is that still floating around? I remember investigating that over 20 years ago.

It did not work for me then... and I can honestly say, it was a COMPLETE PAIN to try. There were just too many rules.

I would suggest checking into the 17-Day Diet, which is much more sensible and workable. We have a group. Feel free to join.
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What is food combining?
  • lady_jules
    Options
    Hi there

Food combining worked for me the couple of times I tried it. It also eased my irritable bowel syndrome, and I revert to it whenever that plays up! It can be tricky getting to grips with not mixing proteins and starches, but if you give yourself one day off a week then the need for a cheese sandwich can be fulfilled!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I never heard of that what is it?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Food combing is nonsense.

stick to maintaining a consistent caloric deficit to losing weight
  • grandmawantstolose
    Options
    bump
  • breezey77
    Options

LOL! Thanks for the explanation/definition - "nonsense"!!! Nonsense usually doesn't work for me. I couldn't stick to any strange eating plan anyway...I'm just watching my cals and being sure to eat healthy, whole, nutritious foods most of time.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just searched that on Google and that just looks like it'll make everything complicated. I think staying in your calorie range is enough for weight loss.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

I don't know why, but every time you say "nonsense" in a thread, I picture you holding one of those little plastic bubble pipes looking all serious and stern. >.> lol I'm weird...
  • breezey77
    Options
    Googled it and wouldn't do it if you paid me. I don't think properly nourishing your body has to be that difficult!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's worthless nitpicking.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
    I tried it and it was a pain in the you know what. I was just seeing if it worked for anyone else. I'm just going to stick to what I am doing.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There are different systems of "food combining" and some are more researched and simpler than others:

Like just the basic combining things like beans and rice which make a perfect protein.. and not combining things like raw veggies and raw fruit in the same meal which creates acid in the stomach. There are some pretty basic food combining rules that are just good sense this way.

I guess there probably are food combining systems that over think it, but at it's best, it's just knowledge that can help you balance your carb to protein ratio, have more sources of protein, and not combine things that can create digestive issues when eaten together.

2223754.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter