Not sure whether I am obsessed or not

Options
2»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight (I'm pregnant now) I would plan my meals a day or two in advance and since I eat all of my exercise calories I would estimate my calorie burns and add in snacks, a protein shake, etc. Like you, I liked knowing where I stood with my calories. I didn't want to run out of calories before dinner and I didn't want to have to eat a huge amount of food right before bed. It let me see whether or not I could "afford" a treat or if I needed to keep things super healthy. And since I'm a stay at home mom it took the guesswork and stress out of that part of my day. Planning ahead is so much easier than trying to keep track in your head. There's nothing wrong with planning out your food for the day, it's not obsessing. I felt more obsessive when I had to keep track of things in my head so that I could log them. Logging them after meals made tracking my food feel so tedious.
  • caligirl328
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with planning out your cals for the day because we all know how easy it is to go over our alloted amount, Remember to also watch your fat, and carb and sodium intake too those can also determine how you gain or lose weight. No your not obessing at all your just being responsible about what you eat... thats a good thing :-)
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think you are organized and dedicated. I wish I could be more like that. Once again, people just have to insert their unsolicited opinions--usually stemming from jealousy, because they would do it if they had the drive and/or dedication.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. It gives me a rough idea of where I am at for the day and helps me know which snacks are okay and will fit into my goal for the day. Then I tweak it as I actually eat the meal. Good for you for planning ahead!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. It gives me a rough idea of where I am at for the day and helps me know which snacks are okay and will fit into my goal for the day. Then I tweak it as I actually eat the meal. Good for you for planning ahead!
    ^^same for me!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I do it, too. It helps me stay on track and not eat something I shouldn't. I do the same with my workouts, except I plan those a full month in advance. :)
  • kamm602
    Options
    Definitely NOT... I have not been as religious on logging lately. But i Have learned what I can and cannot eat to stay within my own personal limit. I have started logging again recently to make sure I am not slipping over the top!!! BUT I think you are doing what is right... Makes you very aware of your habits and what you can and cannot allow to happen. Your co-worker(s) will say all sorts of things. Dont let them get you down, I think at som epoint we all have others around us that say negative things and we start thinking they are right. But they are NOT!!! Keep going your results will show it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's an excellent idea, I wouldn't call it obsession.
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    I see your point (each of you). I share a cubicle with this particular person and anytime he see's me on here he mubles under his breath about me and my obession. He's a negative personality anyway so I don't put much stock or concern into what he says. I still track everyday and I am enjoying the results every week as my clothes fit looser and the scale goes down.
    I have more energy and enthusiasm about my life and my future and nobody's going to bring me down without my permission.
    Thanks to you all for your kind words and support. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I plan 2-3 days out sometimes, but I also leave myself room to adjust if needed.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    NOT OBSESSED.IS BEING PREPARED FOR UR DAILY GOAL. GOOD JOB.:)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Whatever it's called...that's exactly what I am. I am a horribly a obsessed, dedicated, organized MFP'er!