Protein powder

Options
Hey guys ive just got some Nutrishake 90+ protein shake powder in vanilla flavour.

Let me tell you it tastes so disgusting i almost heaved it back up immediately.

Can you suggest a protein powder that is tasty? i mean it dosent have to taste like liquid chocolate just as long as it dosent taste like moldy feet ^_^ or worse... the stuff ive just bought <.<

Thanks

Replies

• mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I rather enjoy the chocolate Whey to Go protein powder by Solgar. 130 calories, 20 grams of protein per scoop (210 calories and 28 grams protein w/ skim milk and a Stevia in the Raw). :smile:
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My Protein.com do a good banana one that tastes good with water. just like banana milkshake
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    They mostly taste disgusting. I've tried a bunch too. Put some banana in it; hides a lot of the phony vanilla flavour. Other than that... good luck!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    NO ONE can answer this for you --- trust me.. I have jugs of stuff that tastes like crap because someone told me they liked it.
    Try different ones, order samples, mix them with different things until you find one you love.

I am personally a fan of chocolate and coffee --- so I make most of my protein shakes with both.
    I use cold decaf coffee and almond milk as the fluid and add chocolate protein.

Most of them taste horrible with plain water.

You may not like them but these are my favorites:
    Allmax Isoflex Chocolate
    Syntrax Nectar Sweets Chocolate Truffle
    Syntrax Nectar Sweets Latte Cappuccino
    Jay Robb Chocolate or Pina Colada

I would avoid anything that is pre-mixed for you.

Read LABELS --- they vary greatly. My favorite has only 100 calories a scoop, 0g carb, 0g fat and 27g protein.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize or Optimum Nutrition.... Both are good and have a variety of flavors.
  • Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks for replies
  • NYSwede
    NYSwede Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's all so subjective--I like the fruity flavors rather than milk-shake flavor. Love Syntrax Nector. The one I drink daily is Ice Tea and I mix it with Crystal Lite Peace Tea to give the flavor some umph. I also have used Strawberry kiwi with fruit smoothies and it's good.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey! I posted on this a couple of days ago! I've got the GNC Amp brand (130 calories per scoop). It's okay...but I think I want to change out when I finish the bag. Here's what other's had to say....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/386832-mfp-poll-what-s-your-fav-whey-protein
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    I rather enjoy the chocolate Whey to Go protein powder by Solgar. 130 calories, 20 grams of protein per scoop (210 calories and 28 grams protein w/ skim milk and a Stevia in the Raw). :smile:

GNC AMP Wheybolic 60
    chocolate is excellent, even when only mixed with water...blended with egg whites or soy milk? mmmmmm ice cream. the vanilla is pretty good to and they both tase yummy with fruit in it. only 1 gram sugar, carbs and fat, 60 protein in a 3-scoop serving..i use 1 1/2 scoops.
    :)
  • maryann2381
    Options
    I just tried Herbalife mixed with whey protein powder and it mixed with fruit, ice, and juice tasted yummy..best by far in comparison to other types i've tried.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    depends on how much money you will pay for it.

the cheap protein powders are just that cheap.

I have several I personally work with but they are high end, clean (without all the hype), starting at around $50 for 30 servings.

just remember, you get what you pay for and usually the cheap ones don't even metabolize in your system for you to even get the benefit. Most people don't know that, plus most of them just give you gas and help your body retain water (bloat).

so if you are really serious about protein powders, I suggest you make sure you get a good quality one. otherwise, even if you getting the cheap $15-$20 brands, your body is not even using it much for any benefits and your wasting your money anyway.

Best,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    Free Online Coach
    From 170 lbs. to Fit
    If I Can Do It, So Can You!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    EAS Vanilla is pretty good. I usually add fruit etc. and blend up a smoothie. Pre-made Muscle Milk light is good - best very cold.
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    Hey guys ive just got some Nutrishake 90+ protein shake powder in vanilla flavour.

Let me tell you it tastes so disgusting i almost heaved it back up immediately.

Can you suggest a protein powder that is tasty? i mean it dosent have to taste like liquid chocolate just as long as it dosent taste like moldy feet ^_^ or worse... the stuff ive just bought <.<

Thanks

It's a must to have a tasty protein! :) For my whey I use Gaspari MyoFusion in Vanilla or Chocolate Peanut Butter. For my casein I use Dymatize Casein in Milk Chocolate.
  • maryinaz
    Options
    I use GNC Soy Protein mix with skim milk and add bananas,etc. 25G of protein. I'm a chocoholic and like it very much.
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    Options
    Hi Ian214,

As mentioned by others, protein supplements like shakes really come down to your taste buds. What I like may not be what you will like. With that notion, I prefer Garden of Life's Beyond Organic Raw Meal (http://tinyurl.com/d7qk4k6). I mix this with a juice, usually with acai berry juice. The strong taste of the acai berries overpower the taste of the protein powder.

Please note, the Raw Meal mentioned above is a meal replacement and not just a supplement.

Lastly, something else to consider are Cliff Builder's bars. (http://tinyurl.com/cgzy476). They contain 20g of protein and have many different flavors.

Hope this helps,
    y.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Whey and ISO-100 have been my staples. I recently gave Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion a try and really like it. The calories are a bit higher (147 vs. 100 fo Dymatize) , but so is the protein. It mixes well with water and doesn't taste bad. When mixed wiht Chocolate Shakeology, it is like Chocolate Pudding. I just ordered a 5 lb jug of the Peanut Butter Chocolate flavor.
  • MrsCFldsRN
    MrsCFldsRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recommend Beverly International products. They are of a high quality and they taste great. It's what my trainer, IFBB Hall of Famer, Ron Love, had me on. That, along with the appropriate intensity training program and appropriate clean diet helped me to make excellent gains.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i drink Amplify Smoothie and i love it. (vanilla)
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels vanilla and the chocolate protein powders.:drinker:
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC Banana Cream and the GNC Cookies and Cream (my current favorite)

Oh and you might verify with you local store but I think GNC will let you return if you don't like the flavor.