Useful Kitchen Gadgets

Options
2»

Replies

• pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I LIVE for fresh pineapple... and clean it the old fashioned way...
    Has anyone used one of these???

image23716.jpg

I've seen both plastic versions (near the pineapple in the produce section) and metal ones (yet to run into one of those). Are they worth having?

I ordered one of these several years ago after seeing it on QVC or some such place. I haven't a clue how they made it work for TV because in real life it was a MESS!!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    41RNDHBMGQL._AA400_.jpg

This is a great tool to have, gotta remember to clean those greens!
    My kiddo wears it as a hat and spins her toys with it too...yay for multi-purpose!

4458.jpg

Lettuce knives help keep lettuce from browning where it's been cut.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I am SUCH a gadget person... tech gadgets, kitchen gadgets, you name it, I want it.

I love my apple corer, espeically for making pies.
    I have a Shark Steam Mop, which is awesome for my baby, who now loves to throw food on the floor.
    I also have a Chop Wizard, which is handy.
    vidalia_chop_wizard.jpg
    The Garlic Zoom looks sweet... I love fresh garlic, so I gotta get me one of those.

I'm still debating on getting a Magic Bullet... anyone have one and want to weigh in on it??

I had one, ended up giving it away because for me it wasn't practical.
    I just use a hand held emulsifier instead.

I love the chop wizard!!!! I use it all the time!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm still debating on getting a Magic Bullet... anyone have one and want to weigh in on it??

I have one and never use it...I tried it for making salsa, and it never seemed to fully mix everything together...so the pieces at the bottom were liquified, and the ingredients toward the top were still whole.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

image23716.jpg

I've seen both plastic versions (near the pineapple in the produce section) and metal ones (yet to run into one of those). Are they worth having?

I ordered one of these several years ago after seeing it on QVC or some such place. I haven't a clue how they made it work for TV because in real life it was a MESS!!

I find that this gadget produces a lot less pineapple than you would get if you just use a knife to chop it up the old fashioned way.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options

image23716.jpg

I find that this gadget produces a lot less pineapple than you would get if you just use a knife to chop it up the old fashioned way.

That one's off the list then... I gotta have my pineapple...all of it!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I have this one and it is quite easy to use and saves a lot of time! When I tried it for the first time though, the rings didn't come out as in the picture you show. Still, it took less than a minute to use and is quite neat!
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    NGKW10.jpg

Apple Slicer

mango.jpg

Mango Pitter

I love the mango pitter!! It is my favourite gadget and so easy to use!