Starting Insanity (60 Day)

I've recently hit a weight plateau around 198.8 lbs (-22 lbs). I have been keeping good with my diet and standard weights/cardio at the gym 3-5 times a week. It's been quite frustrating not being able to see any results, so I did some reading.

The key to getting past this awful plateau is to mix up your workouts. The body becomes accustomed to what you're doing in the gym, so without any variety in your schedule/diet, nothing really changes. Essentially your body hits an equilibrium and no matter if you keep your routine up, you end up just maintaining.

So I've recently started P90X and FINALLY got to 197.4. Thus, now -- I will be starting the Insanity 60 Day Total Body Conditioning program.

I'll update with [hopeful] results.

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    I started a second round of Insanity this week.
    Good luck!
  • TempleFitClub
    TempleFitClub Posts: 5 Member
    I just started round 2 of Insanity myself. Fit Test yesterday. Plyo today. Good luck, masiad, with continued health/fitness success!

Michelle
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    I tried P90X and didn't get the results I wanted. I"m now ready for Insanity. Where did you get your copy of Insanity? Really don't want to pay $100 for it.
  • TempleFitClub
    TempleFitClub Posts: 5 Member
    I'm actually a coach through Beachbody. I know people can buy off eBay and other means to get discounted prices. Obviously, BB coaches don't support that. ;-) BB has so many amazing free tools and resources that come along with being a BB member. I actually support whatever will introduce you to the workouts and nutrition that will lead you and commit you to healthier living!! If you decide to start Insanity or any BB program, please let me know. I'd love to be your coach. Even if you buy through another resource, you can sign up for a free BB account and I could coach you and help you along your journey...free of charge!! Whatever you decide, my best to you!!

Michelle
  • I borrowed it from a friend who just finished and is now starting Insanity: Asylum. I just finished the Fit Test -- I have a LONG way to go. It was physically draining. But I'm going to keep pushing through with Day #2 tomorrow!
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    If you are all going to report back daily or weekly, I wanted to start Insanity again this week too.

I have never completed a full round of Insanity, only done videos here and there, but I am at a "last 10 pound" plateau so I think I need to start the program in its entirety.

Let me know if you will all start a new thread! Thanks.