why am I always hungry??

Options
I am always hungry!! I will eat regular meals and some times a snack here and there..but I am still hungry, I mean to the point where my stomache is growling..
Breakfast:
Piece of toast, egg, cottage cheese with fruit
Lunch:
Sandwich, handful of chips, yogurt
Snack:
a cookie or cheese cubes or celery with peanut butter
Dinner:
Pasta with chicken, small salad, maybe a dinner roll
I mean what am I doing wrong?? why am I always hungry??
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Replies

• erinrose07
    Options
    Tapeworm...I suggest you name him :) No, seriously, I'm not sure-lol. Maybe vitamin deficiency?
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    how much water do you drink and what time roughly do you tend to eat?
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Eat more vegetables...
  • DebbiePatten30
    Options
    Bulk out your meals with veg and salad which is not counted. Try making some veg soup and snack on this when hungry in between meals.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You're pregnant.
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    I personally would say more whole grains :-)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Because you're eating almost zero fiber. Eat some fruit and vegetables.

ETA: lettuce is a very poor source of fiber so one small salad a day isn't helping you at all with fiber intake.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You need more veggies and whole grains.
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie limit? I would starve on what I saw you had listed (or at least think I was starving). And I agree with the other poster, add more veggies and if you haven't switch up your salad to mixed greens since they have more nutrition than iceberg lettuce..
  • ameerah77
    ameerah77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem at first. Everyone suggested that I drink more water and increase my protein and fiber intake, which really helps. I'll eat yoplait greek yogurt for a snack, which is high in protein. For fiber, I eat FULL bars. They're created by a bariatric surgeon. They are pretty expensive ($9.99 for 6 bars, over here) but they help me feel fuller, so I don't eat as much. Good luck to you.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The thing is how long ago did you start eating like this? What did you eat like before? I KNEW I was waaay overeating before so the first couple of weeks of normal eating I thought I was starving. My body got used to it and I don't starve anymore.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    What are the amounts that you are eating, I know that I don't get hungry but I'm eating a lot more than that and losing weight.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    well my first thought was that you might be undereating so I checked out how much you have to lose as an indicator of what your current weight might be but since you only have it set for 20lbs to lose I'm thinking you're not terribly overweight so the amount of food listed is fairly good.

I then thought perhaps it might be a protein issue but again, you seem to be getting in enough so I'm going to say that's probably o.k.

Without seeing your diary I will suggest to try to limit the processed foods so that the whole food you eat is more filling and satisfying. I will also suggest that if you aren't eating back your exercise calories you might want to change your focus from aerobic activity to anaerobic activity and up your protein intake.

Finally try drinking more water. it helps. Good luck!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    how is your blood sugar? i know that low blood sugar can make you feel ravenous even if you've just eaten
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    going just by what you mentioned, i would add in more fruit and veggies.
    are you exercising at all? that would also cause you to feel hungry because you need more fuel for your body.
    also - how long have you been eating like that? sometimes if you make a very drastic change from eating everything you want to limited portions, etc you will feel hungry
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I would guess not enough vegetables.
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Depending on the amount of calories you are burning per day could increase your appeitite. When my cardio increased I noticed that I was hungry a lot as well. With that, I added bananas (as they tend to fill you up) and a few calories to my daily intake. Also, make sure you are eating every two hours at least with a balanced water intake. And switch up your snacks/meals if they seem to be same.
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You're eating a lot of carbs. I'd up the protein and fat and cut down on the bread/pasta/cookies/chips/etc.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try soup for lunch?
    I've done that for the last week and I haven't been mega hungry all the time.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nix the chips and cookies, and if you're using white bread get rid of that too..... simple carbs digest super fast and make you feel hungry all day long..................................... protein and fiber are the macronutrients that will keep you feeling fuller longer.... if you must eat carbs, go for whole grains/complex carbs....................