JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (March 3rd-March 9th)

Options
2»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Weight as of Sept 6, 2007: 270 lbs
    Weight last week: 205
    Weight this week: 202
    Goal weight loss per week: 2
    Loss this week: 3
    Total lost: 7 for this challenge and 68 overall!

I am a tad passed the half-way mark now! I have lost more than I now need to lose! Woohoo and SOOOO close to being under 200! Man!
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Well, I weighed in yesterday morning-I was planning on posting right away to let you all know but between my busy day and my anger at the scale I didn't want to sound too much like a whiner. I am pretty sure there must be something wrong with my scale...maybe it is protesting? One month now of not budging, not one single pound! :angry:

Feb. 6-178
    Mar. 5-178

What gives?:grumble: I've eaten more, eaten less, exercised more, exercised less....I don't know...nothing seems to be making that scale give in.

I can only be thankful that it isn't going up....(quick, knock on wood!!!)

Blah....
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well, I weighed in yesterday morning-I was planning on posting right away to let you all know but between my busy day and my anger at the scale I didn't want to sound too much like a whiner. I am pretty sure there must be something wrong with my scale...maybe it is protesting? One month now of not budging, not one single pound! :angry:

Feb. 6-178
    Mar. 5-178

What gives?:grumble: I've eaten more, eaten less, exercised more, exercised less....I don't know...nothing seems to be making that scale give in.

I can only be thankful that it isn't going up....(quick, knock on wood!!!)

Blah....

I totally understand your frustration! This morning I checked the scale again and I've been stuck at 165-166 for like 2.5 weeks, this week I was finally down to 164, and this morning I'm back at 165! Rediculous!!!!! I am getting so frustrated!:explode: But, I'm just going to keep at it. We will get there eventually!!! Let's just keep up the hard work! If anyone has any other suggestions...would be great!!! erin1205...hang in there! I'm frustrated right along with you!!

*Kistinbee*:flowerforyou:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Thanks kistinbee-I appreciate the support! I need it right now! I'm sorry you are having the same problem...stinks! But it is nice to know that I am not alone. We WILL get through this plateau-I know it.

Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! It's Friday!!!! I probably won't be on again until Monday and just wanted to wish you all good luck this weekend! Keep up the EXCELLENT work! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Well the scale wasn't kind to me this week!!

1lb GAIN!! :sad:

But if you read my 'complacency' post you will know why!! :blushing:

Well done everyone else! Keep up the great work!

Amanda :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks kistinbee-I appreciate the support! I need it right now! I'm sorry you are having the same problem...stinks! But it is nice to know that I am not alone. We WILL get through this plateau-I know it.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Hey Erin, I have heard some good things about calorie cycling. I haven't tried it yet, since I haven't hit a plateu and it's supposed to be good for breaking those. You eat the same amount of calories total in a week but you switch up the daily amounts to help "trick" your body.

This site does calorie calculations and right at the bottome of the box you'll see a link that says "7 day calorie cycle" it will give you calorie amounts for a 7 day cycle based on your current calorie needs.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Good luck!
    Jess
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Now that I have been out of town for a week I already forget what happened last week!!
    I was the first week with my F11. It works well, and I was in for quite a shock to see how many calories I was really burning! My elliptical (cheap model) would say like 400 for 20 minutes but the HMR only said 200 cals. So I have been working out the same but eating less which seems to be working.
    It has been an interesting week so far with no tracking of calories thru MFP and differing exercise. I will wait until my normal weigh in day next Mon, though, to report.
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    I had a good week, after several hard ones I am finally back on track and going down.

Started Jan 7 190 lbs

Feb 7 183 lbs

Feb 22 186.5 lbs

Feb 29 186 lbs

March 7 183.5 lbs

I've done this yo-yo a few times, but haven't been below 180 for longer than a day in a year, so that will be the real challenge. I have a bad head cold and haven't exercised much this week, so must remedy next week.
    Good weekend to all!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think my scale started catching up with me. I lost another 1.2lbs since Tuesday. So here are my new stats.

1/14/08 224
    3/7/08 209

15lbs lost! woohoo! So, still hovering just under 2lbs a week lost.

Did my measurements yesterday and I have lost 3 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my chest! Plus 1.5 inches off my thighs and 1 inch off my arms (not lenght :smile: )

Now I think I'll go have a glass of wine! :drinker:
  • cheryl1970
    cheryl1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How are you losing your weight?
  • adelespears
    Options
    Started MFP at 165
    2 weeks ago: 160
    Last week: 160
    This week: 156!!!!!

I'm finally dropping weight again. I had been dropping inches, but not weight. It's been hard for me to move from 160... either up or down Last year I ate like crap and never exersized and never budged from 160... this year I started eating right and exersizing and... couldn't move from 160. Finally I'm in the 150's!!! I'm really excited.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post a little celebration - as of this week, I am no longer OBESE! My BMI has dropped to 29.6!

:heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart:

For the folks struggling with plateaus - hang in there! :flowerforyou: Some things to try if you haven't already:

1. Drinking more water. I find this helps keep my scale results more consistent, if nothing else - less bouncing around due to H2O retention,
    2. Eating breakfast. I never used to be a breakfast person, but after forcing myself to eat a little something first thing in morning I now find that I am hungry for breakfast. I take this as a sign that my metabolism is WAKING UP and ready to go - so this has got to be a good thing.
    3. Eating smaller meals and snacks throughout the day. Again, trying to keep the metabolism awake and burning those calories for you - instead of sleeping and storing them!
    4. Adding strength training to your routine if you aren't already doing some. Anything that kicks your butt in a different way is good. :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :drinker: